It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First human 'infected with computer virus' (Via RFID Chip)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

First human 'infected with computer virus' (Via RFID Chip)

news.bbc.co.uk

A British scientist says he is the first man in the world to become infected with a computer virus.

Dr Mark Gasson from the University of Reading contaminated a computer chip which was then inserted into his hand.

The device, which enables him to pass through security doors and activate his mobile phone, is a sophisticated version of ID chips used to tag pets.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.siliconrepublic.com
www.telegraph.co.uk

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
This is my first post on ATS so apologies if it ends up in the wrong place. I have been coming here for about 6 months now and I'd just like to salute your collective intelligence and thank you for many interesting hours of debate which I have watched with great interest

Now for my comments on the story... Quite frankly I find this disturbing. It's the Implant part which concerens me but then again that's always concerned me. for the record I'm totally against any form of human chipping because I believe that the system would be completely open to abuse, but that goes without saying really.

Just thought you guys might find this interesting.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This is something that always disturbs me.
We see how all the state of the art computer technologies can get hacked or a virus spread, so why would any RFID chip be different ?

The very thought of people having electronic chips inside them makes me extremely unsettled.
I've no doubt there are some benefits, but the disadvantages outweigh the advantages in my opinion.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
There were already two other posts made this morning about this topic

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Existing thread here:

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join