It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circles...with some actual evidence

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+70 more 
posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I have always been interested in Crop Circles. I do not know if they are all man made or if their really is something more to it. There is one piece of evidence I cannot not seem to get my head around, and while countless threads have been made with no real documentation on my specific issue; I would like to present a thread with some substance. There is a wealth of articles from respected scientists and biologists that are full of Documented and unexplainable occurrences to crops, but I am going to stick to just one element of them.
This is what I have found to be the most accurate in terms of FACTS.

BLT Research Team

The physical changes (listed below) documented in crop circle plants by Michigan biophysicist W.C. Levengood have been determined by evaluating hundreds of sample plants -- both downed and standing -- taken from inside the overall perimeter of each formation against hundreds of control plants taken at varying distances outside each formation, in several directions. More than 250 individual crop formations from multiple countries, over a 10-year period were examined in-depth. Although many of the formations studied were relatively "simple" in overall design and/or relatively "small" in overall size (primarily because of BLT's financial and/or personnel limitations, particularly in Europe), many larger and more "complex" formations -- those whose overall design included intricate geometric shapes with multiple design elements of varying sizes -- are represented here.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/98b63715ca6c.jpg[/atsimg]

In some crop formations the energy system involved is intense enough to cause bending of this apical (top) node (although pronounced node bending is much more commonly found at the lower nodes on the plant stem). In a few cases we have found severe apical node bending in conjunction with marked stretching of the node. As the example, below, illustrates the node elongation in such cases is clearly in addition to that caused by the bending of the node tissues.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fb148a5b27ad.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/784b6b0f3cc3.jpg[/atsimg]

Marked bending of the plant stem nodes which can occur at all of the nodes in some cases, is most often observed in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th nodes down toward the bottom of the stalks.It does occasionally occur in the first, or apical node beneath the seed-head (see above). Usually this bending (if it is determined to be significant after ruling out natural plant recovery processes) is in the range of 45-90 degrees and considerable care must be taken to not confuse this node bending with two well-known plant recovery processes:

(1) phototropism (the plant's natural tendency to reorient itself to sunlight) and;

(2) gravitropism (the plant's natural tendency to reorient itself to the earth's gravitational field).

link   
Bending at the base of the plant stem is a totally separate condition which is thought by many people to indicate that any formation in which it is found is "genuine" (not mechanically flattened). This type of bending is found at the very bottom of the stem, where it comes out of the earth, and is often quite pronounced.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/23ffd24575b1.png[/atsimg]

Bibliotecapleyades

Latter-day hoaxers claim that they applied boot to wheat in 1978, yet crop circles have appeared throughout the world since the early 1900s, with dozens of eyewitnesses even reporting crop circles forming in a matter of seconds as far back as 1890; several descriptive accounts were even documented in 1678 by Robert Plot, then curator of the Ashmolean.

Expulsion cavities

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/04e3bab3af04.jpg[/atsimg]

(holes blown out at one or several of the plant stem nodes) are most often found in the 2nd node beneath the seed- head. However, in recent years they are being seen also in the 3rd and 4th nodes down the plant stem, as well as occasionally occurring in the top (apical) node. These holes are thought to be one of the plant abnormalities caused by exposure to microwave radiation which -- particularly in circles which occur in young, green crop -- instantly turns the plant's internal moisture to steam. If the microwaves are intense enough -- and the amount of moisture at the stem node great enough -- the rapidly expanding steam in these lower nodes can only escape by blowing holes out through the tough external fibers in these lower nodes. [In the apical, or top, nodes -- the youngest part of the plant -- the external fibers are considerably more elastic and the steam created there by exposure to microwaves seeps out more easily, stretching the nodes at the tops of the plants as it does so.]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/558b42d9579d.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/76eabbbe4b91.jpg[/atsimg]

Microwave radiation you say...

This sounds a little more elaborate than a a couple of guys with some planks, rope, and GPS. Iam not saying aliens did this by any means @ all, just merely pointing out that these "Genuine" Circles have more to them then a couple of hoaxers making a good joke. This is the hard evidence that I am having a hard time explaining. Of course the debate comes in as to what actually causes this accelerated growth and expulsion cavities, not who made them.

source

To date some 10,000 crop circles have been catalogued worldwide, and their anomalous features continue to be irreplecatabl:
- plants bent an inch above soil and gently laid down in geometrically-precise patterns with no physical signs of damage
- light burn marks at the base of stems
- altered cellular structure and soil chemistry
- discrepancies in background radiation
- alteration of the local electromagnetic field

It would seem the general consensus among scientists is that the accelerated growth and expulsion cavities seem to be from some sort of rapid heating of the crop...as in micro waves. While I have several quotes saying it cannot be replicated in the lab..I cannot find any documentation of the actual experiments themselves.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Software_Pyrate]

link   

While most Americans fell for the tabloid style reporting by Peter Jennings and others a few years ago that concluded that the crop circle enigma was solved when two British hoaxers “confessed to being responsible for creating all the crop circles with boards and ropes”, the evidence that discredited their claims for responsibility was largely ignored by the American media. Always happy to find man-made solutions to any paranormal phenomena, the mainstream media later dropped the subject of crop circles all together when they realized they had jumped to an incorrect conclusion, and completely overlooked the fact that hundreds of crop formations are occurring thousands of miles away from the southern England home of the two old hoaxers from one end of the globe to the other

Another FACT is the off spring of these crops...the seeds.

Anatomical Anomalies In Crop Formation Plants

source

When a formation is formed in immature crop, Nancy says “one of the things we have found is a markedly reduced feed head size. You take a control plant from out in the field somewhere and pluck off the head and go into the formation itself and pluck off another one and compare them. When the crop circle energies hit a formation early on and you get to see it, let’s say a month later, you’ll notice an enormously reduced feed head size. “Now, inside these feed heads there is a further startling alteration. The seed head will sometimes look relatively normal and have no seeds inside them whatsoever. In other words, all the semiotic tissue will continue to evolve but the reproductive tissue does not -- no seeds. Or occasionally, when there are seeds present, what we find are severely stunted seeds: they weigh less, they are smaller. When we go to germinate those seeds, they are not viable. They produce struggling seedlings which would not survive under normal conditions and often don’t in the laboratory.

This is very compelling...

“You find also bent and enlarged stem nodes. Most of these plants have three or four, sometimes even five stem nodes. Now a lot of confusion has arisen about the bent nodes because if a formation is made by people, let’s say, and it isn’t discovered for two weeks, photosynthesis, which is the effort of the plant to head up towards the sun again, will cause node bending, but it depends on which nodes are bent, number one and secondly, whether or not the node bending is seen in conjunction with node lengthening. People messing around in the field can, upon occasion create node bending. They cannot create node lengthening, nor can they create the cell wall pit enlargement

I have more but am running out of time...So here's my Q.

Never mind WHO is making these circles...But rather lets discuss how these circles are being made with regards to node elongation and expulsion cavities.

I'd love to hear more about this subject if anybody has anything else to add.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Sir, much kudos to you for a very well researched and presented thread... I've read some of these things before and really wish some of the more viable circles were investigated with this sort of depth. Time Vs Money I guess

What do you think of the recent, mathmatically "styled" circles?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

Are you referring to this article The Crop Circular?

Yes, I find all that mathematical info fascinating but I am unqualified to participate in those discussions....Just a High School Diploma..

There has also been a possible connection with sound. That is, the geometry found there as well.Source

I have my own theory as to "what" is causing these based on the evidence at hand, but will wait to reflect my opinion.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Software_Pyrate]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
excellent thread,

crop circles seem often to disregarded for deeper research, I suspect as much from the MSM's decades of misrepresentation of them as being man-made and a bit of a joke subject.

Certainly there are man made ones but these anomalies are surely indicative of a creation process beyond plank & rope - by who though?

[edit on 26-5-2010 by spacedonk]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

by who though?

That question is for another thread that just wants to argue over ZERO FACTS...
Indeed...Who...

But for now we are left with....HOW?

We have actual field data from numerous sources...gives us something to work with...atleast for the HOW part.

But WHO....got no proof so I can't form a theory....But I have an opinion.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Glad to see serious investigative work being done, and good job providing cold hard documentative information!

I have always been interested in the mechanics of how these plants were being affected with energy in the genuine cases, but have focused more on the isotopes of rare earth metals being found in what would be considered impossible quantities at these locations.. very interesting to hear reputable scientists discuss how to get these rare isotopes of rare earths in a laboratory would take many months or years using the best cyclotrons to get these quantities that have been found in many formations...

Good job!

[edit on 26-5-2010 by alienreality]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
great thread. I'm really interested in crop circles, a lot of this evidence is presented in the UK Crop Circles - Crossover From Another Dimension documentary, which is interesting as the same thing appears to be happening with the crop in the US also... I'm going on Holiday for a week down near the latest UK circles, i'm hoping to visit one to check out the stems!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
S+F

I've seen way too many of these sorts of threads disappear to the back page.

If I have to hear any more about "Doug and Dave" I'm going to lose it. A good overview of that fiasco can be found in Jim Marrs Alien Agenda.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
As far as the 'expulsion cavities' go...

That is a common reaction to a plant with a fractured herd.

The 'elongated nodes' are the plants reaction to reaching up for the sun after damage. Life goes on, and plant hormones (yes, auxins) change the growth of the plants to accommodate.

I've seen all this a thousand times, I have plants that I've intentionally damaged the herd on and the growth after is certainly not typical--but it isn't extraterrestrial either.

I'm sick of scientists basing their suppositions on already existing unproven 'out there' theories; like extraterrestrial energy systems--you have to believe in one before the other makes sense.

Why people say that certain crop circles weren't there 'seconds before' is simply misleading. I've made little crop circles that were completely not visible when standing no more than 20 feet from it--even if you were looking downward a slight distance toward the direction of the circle. I've had farmers in the family (RIP grandpa) that don't notice ANYTHING in their hay/grasses unless it's 3 feet in front of their faces.

I'm not saying all these are hoaxes, but I think what is called 'proof' in these cases is shaky--at best.

I need to see better proof by modern scientists that are trained in horticulture and plant biology.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Software_Pyrate

Thanks for the reply, it wasn't actually what I was thinking of - sorry, I should've linked but was trying to cook dinner ...and now I can't find the thread(s) I'm trying to.

So here's another link:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Found link to the thread I was thinking of...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Don't bait us with theories - think of your avatar, you're a pirate... don't tease us like a brazen hussy, be a bawdy wench.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RedBird

I could not agree more about the whole Doug n Dave thing...

But it had to be included as a main stream "known" about the very FACT I am trying to get in the open.

D n D could not and and have not done the things I lay out in my post.

I welcome any theory on stem elongation.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedonk
excellent thread,

crop circles seem often to disregarded for deeper research, I suspect as much from the MSM's decades of misrepresentation of them as being man-made and a bit of a joke subject.

Certainly there are man made ones but these anomalies are surely indicative of a creation process beyond plank & rope - by who though?

[edit on 26-5-2010 by spacedonk]

I have read some white papers discussing about the rare earth isotopes being found in large quantities in some crop circles and some of the scientists have stated that they don't know of any technology currently available that can produce those amounts of these rare materials, and they do have access to the best known equipment.. I truly don't believe humans could be doing all of them based on the evidence and in my opinion it is not crazy at all to suggest that it is someone from another place doing it. It is only crazy to people who fear being ridiculed or having their career or incomes damaged from speaking openly...
google crop circle isotopes if you want to see some of this info...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

Thanks for that Uk link...am reading more about it as it is very interesting.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
that alien face one is amazing, who/whatever made it

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Tharsis

That is a common reaction to a plant with a fractured herd.

However, of the samples tested, expulsion is due to rapid heating of a known fungus inside of the plant that basically explodes out of the stem...

The 'elongated nodes' are the plants reaction to reaching up for the sun after damage. Life goes on, and plant hormones (yes, auxins) change the growth of the plants to accommodate.

But that does not account for the elongation happening in a period of 1 night...when normal elongation of that length takes weeks....Yes weeks.

I've seen all this a thousand times, I have plants that I've intentionally damaged the herd on and the growth after is certainly not typical--but it isn't extraterrestrial either.

Yes, I have seen it many times as well, but not with signs of rapid heating inside the node that can only be confirmed in a lab...not to the visible eye.

Please post some of you sources for rapid stem elongation as I have done. And these scientists that you are...

I'm sick of scientists basing their suppositions on already existing unproven 'out there' theories

Are the very ones that prove anything at all....so if not them...then who actually proves anything?

Well...who needs proof...lets just argue about it

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Dont forget about the ghost crop circle phenomenon that happens the following seasons. This topic has been covered here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/669daf56e520.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b2463065af8f.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5a4d6e2d59cd.jpg[/atsimg]

Photomicrograph (100 X) of 10-40 micron diameter, spherical,
magnetic particles of the type regularly found in crop circle soils.
EDS reveals these spheres to be pure iron; the fact that they are
Magnetized reveals they were formed in a magnetic field.
Courtesy: BLT Research

Visit full thread by mikesingh for more info.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
One of the best docu's I have seen on the phenomenon to date.
and it discusses about the mechanics of elongation and plant changes

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by samureyed

I was actually going to cover that on my next post...guess not now...

But none the less, all good cold hard evidence that can be scrutinized. Thats what I prefer, something we can all analyze with FACTS and truth...not accusations and un-backed claims

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join