It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Combined Fleets Converge in the Pacific

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Combined Fleets Converge in the Pacific

www.honoluluadvertiser.com...

"The reason that we do it is to make sure that there's stability throughout the Pacific Rim," said Chief Petty Officer Terry Rhedin, a Navy spokesperson in San Diego.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.c3f.navy.mil...

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Flagship of Black Sea fleet arrives in Far East for drills

[edit on 5/26/2010 by Phage]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Next month dozens of ships, hundreds of aircraft, many submarines and thousands of servicemen from various countries will be converging the the Pacific. This is a regular event but I wonder if the North Korea situation may cast a different light on the exercises.

Russia has been invited to observe but there is no official word of their participation. Yet, they are moving part of their Black Sea fleet into the Sea of Japan.

Will North Korea take a hint?

www.honoluluadvertiser.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5/26/2010 by Phage]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Well let's hope North Korea takes a hint. But this concerns me deeply. You just need a bad move from either side, (Unintentionally or not) and all hell is going to hit the fan. The tensions between SK and NK haven't been this high for years. This can end very bad. Let's hope everyone keeps their cool

Edit to add: Doesn't seem they will be too close to NK at all.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by TortoiseKweek]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I hope that Russia's move of ships to the Sea of Japan is a way to pressure N. Korea and not meant as some sort of support of them, since they are one of the few countries that has relations with them. I doubt Russia wants to get into any big mess over N. Korea if they can help it. I just don't see much upside for them in it. Putting pressure against them would seem to make more sense to me.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

I just don't understand why people bash on NK like that... Recently, SK has thrown to the garbage all progress made recently with NK.
Is SK pressured into doing this, or has their government become as mad as NK?

We know that only the people of both (half) countries will be scorched and all...

It makes me think of some anti-terrorist drill that happens to be scheduled
just as a terrorist attack happens. We'll know soon enough, I guess.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I just hope that this whole coming together of massive fleets isn't part II of the false flag that started with the 'North Korean' sinking of the Cheonan. However, it all does seem to be playing out like a Tom Clancy novel.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Nice find there Phage. I saw the following in the Russian press earlier today but didn't know about the rest and it wasn't mentioned in the short ariticle:

Russia to hold naval drills in the Sea of Japan

Russia plans to hold large-scale naval maneuvers in the Sea of Japan in June. The Moskva missile cruiser, the flagship of the Black Sea Fleet, has arrived at a naval base near Vladivostok to join two other flagships - the Pyotr Veliky nuclear-powered cruiser of the Northern Fleet and the Varyag missile cruiser of the Pacific Fleet.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/47e3fb0a5850.jpg[/atsimg]
The Moskva missile cruiser

Source: english.ruvr.ru...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Here is the country list so far for RIMPAC. I personally like the show of force and solidarity in events like these. It is good to know that if/when SHTF that there will be some sort of working relations and procedures between us and our allies.

Hosted by Commander, U.S. Pacific Fleet, RIMPAC demonstrates a commitment to working with global partners in guarding the sea lanes of commerce and communication, protecting national interests abroad and ensuring freedom of navigation as a basis for global peace and prosperity. By design, RIMPAC is a multi-national exercise that prepares forces to be interoperable and ready for a wide range of potential operations. This, in turn, helps ensure stability throughout the Pacific Rim, aiding the
development and prosperity of all participating nations. As an exercise, RIMPAC is intended to increase the tactical proficiency of participating
units in a wide array of maritime operations by enhancing military-to-military relations and interoperability. During the exercise, participating units will conduct gunnery, missile, anti-submarine, and air defense exercises, as well as maritime interdiction and vessel boardings, explosive ordnance disposal, diving and salvage operations, mine clearance operations, and an amphibious landing.

This year’s exercise includes units or personnel from Australia, Canada, Chile, Colombia, France, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Netherlands, Peru, Republic of Korea, Singapore, Thailand and the United States.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by xmaddness]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
There seems to be plenty of ships lately in the Pacific ocean.

The US fleet, as usual is always there, with its aircraft carriars, destroyers, and subs.

Then there is the asian fleet of Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, as well as France, Australia, Canada and Latin American fleets on excercise that 'happened' to be conducting excercise there.

The Chinese fleet with its aircrafts and subs are most definately there stationed on their sea.

Now even the Russian fleet is there.

On top of it all, are the huge amount of trade and oil ships moving through those areas. Satellites in space working overtime to update and track each and every craft movements.

Totally unprecedented. More so with the high tensions in the Korean Peninsula.

There is a hell lot of firepower there, like a store of powder kegs. One accidental ciggie butt thrown there is enough to blow everyone in asia to kingdom come. And if not careful, recriminations will ultimately lead to worldwide conflagrations....

Everyone should just take the chill pill, back off and stop beating on wardrums. Let the rule of law take its place in the international arena. Should N.Korea be at fault, then they must pay or more sanctions can be used to make them pay. No need to sacrifice millions of lives. Nukes are involve here.

If the truth cannot be found, then it would be better to let the 'bad' guys go, than to sacrifice billions on an assumption or hunch, and dig for the truth or wait for more compelling evidence.

One way or another, the 46 drown in the ship will not be forgotten, and justice will be served, to those responsible and NOT the innocents billions of lives.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Oh yes, this is a great training event, and a massive exhibition of national naval pride.

Many navies love to polish their brass, and strut their stuff, and play friendly one oneupmanship war games in the Pacific.
All jolly good fun, a great way to stick it up other navies..., and a great opportunity for true naval professionals to test their technology and stand tall.

But none of those proud foreign navies will be going to the Gulf to support America in the immoral and illegal (under international law) unprovoked attack on Iran.

top topics

join