It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*UPDATE* BP has NEVER shown us the main leak! Until now...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Jesus H Christ what are going to be the repucutions of this surley this is going to change everything why is nothing happeneing about this, # all something needs to change in this world when the coast guard is protecting bp

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
This oilfield is HUGE. Some estimates are it is the largest ever found. Even BP doesn't know the size of it. There is NO WAY they are using a 21 inch pipe as the main hole out of a well that large.

There is a difference between an oil "field" and an oil "well". There are hundreds of oil platforms on the gulf drilling in the same field, not just this one.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

That live feed is "off line."

Wonder what they aren't showing. This gets more bizzare by the hour. If they have been lying all this time public outrage will be withering.

Talk about Obama's Katrina - here it comes.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Cam is still active and operational. Google bp cam and use the one on BP's website

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Here is a link to a post that was found in a random forum that came up when I googled "who owns and controls the oil dispersant that discusses the chemicals that are being used in the clean-up, the company that BP is buying it from and some possible conflicts of interest.

NALCO

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Is it just me or is the oil flowing out at an increased rate in this live cam?

www.livestream.com...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

The BP feed also seems to be increased in velocity in the last few minutes.

It looks raging fast now.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
OK, I got the live feed from BP. That's horrendous!
It's much worse than the public was told. I wonder how long Obama knew it was that sever and didn't step in?
BP is guilty beyond measure. I heard a BP offical say, "We will clean every drop of oil off the coast!" I thought, what an idiot! Any who believes that is an idiot too!

Thirty seven days and no end in sight.

And the dipersants are dangerous. I think all the people working in the mess will have health repercussion for years. People are already experiencing lung problems and dizzyness.
We will have another rash of "GULF war syndrome" right here at home.

Edit to add, I agree! It is coming out much faster. I bet BP will say it's just the storm before the calm - I'll believe it IF I see it.

[edit on 5/26/2010 by zachi]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Now that I've taken a good look at their concept it looks like a good idea.

But what I want to know is when did they begin full mobilization towards this end?

I mean, did they just start on this a week ago? Until I saw that images conceptualizing the innards of the BOP I wouldn't have thought of this idea, but them knowing full week their equipment they should have had crews prepping this method the first day or two.

My point being did they put all of their efforts into those 'top hats' hoping they'd catch the oil (and make $$), while taking their time on moves like this that would KILL the well (no $$$)???

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

No, it's at a trickle now ...

Sarcasm aside: you are 100% correct!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Wow...that is definitely gushing more than it was earlier.
That is just amazing. I wonder if they actually made it worse instead of better....

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skellon
Is it just me or is the oil flowing out at an increased rate in this live cam?

www.livestream.com...

It could be in part that they're injecting serious pressure to push that muck down into the already extreme pressure. So perhaps the total pressure top side is increased?

What they're showing us now, that wild looking cloud thing, is all brown muddy looking.

And has anyone figured out what part of the 'rig' that thing is expanding out of?

[edit on 26-5-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I thought they drilled straight down. It looks like a pipe burst and the pipes laying on the ground. That is kinda of weird.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
guys this new leak has such intense pressure and eruption that it is easily 1 if not 2 barrels per second that is releasing there. Just look at how fast the oil is pumping out it is easily filling at least a barrel per second if not 2.

Remember BP estimated 1000 barrels a day from the weak?

there are almost 90,000 seconds in a day. Even an uneducated layman could easily see this leak (combined with the other one) is doing AT LEAST 80-100,000 barrels a day and possibly as much as double or triple that. I just wanted to be conservative but the intense pressure is so mind boggling I could very easily see it filling 2-3 barrels or MORE per second. This would be in the neighborhood of 200-300k+ barrels a day which is utterly cataclysmic because that means there's already up to 9,000,000 barrels that came out into the ocean. Keep in mind Exxon Valdez was only about 10,000,000 GALLONS. This is equivalent to about 220,000 barrels and that this up to 9 million barrels already which would make it 350,000,000 gallons estimate would already put this at the 2nd worst oil spill of all time and closing in on the 1st worst and this is just in 1 month's time, who knows how long this can remain. This could end up eclipsing all the other disasters combined.
Keep in mind that this oil field is said to be tremendous and one of the largest ever found according to what I've read. If they can't get this thing plugged up then we're screwed.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
We have billion dollar US Navy submarines, but we can't go there to check out HOW MUCH oil is really being spilled? All the fancy satellites can't give us any data about the leaks?

It's so damn obvious that BP is calling the shots and the US government is just a willing co-conspirator.

Why are people watching Idol tonight instead of rioting?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I finally found the multi feed. I see 8 cameras recording at the time I made this pic. Looks like they have had more running from the blank spots in the middle I see.

It's mostly hard to make out what most of the other images are showing.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8bb602cc17d2.jpg[/atsimg]

It honestly looks like you can see the main part of the injector still being lowered down. It is in the 2nd from tight at the top. Hard to really say though.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by webpirate]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Nothing is ever what it seems. This is why anything your senses tell you, you need to use your mind to be skeptical about. What I mean by that is - if you hear something be skeptical about it - if you see something, be skeptical about it, etc...

Truth is I don't know if anyone has actual amounts of the oil being spilled into the ocean right now; whether or not it's going to decrease over anytime soon, who knows.

What we need to do is keep at least one thread about this BP oil spillage open, and continue updating it with actual facts (at least the ones we find along the way to the actual [FACTUAL] truth). We need to keep our eyes open on this one guys, because this is going to effect not just our generation, but those to come as well unless a very massive effort is made to clean this up. But a cleanup is pointless if we have no way to stop it from leaking (well not completely pointless but I'm sure you get what I mean).

I hope we, or they, or whomever, finds out what will fix this problem and makes it happen... unfortunately I have many doubts about the types of people who are aware of the facts of this spill since they are all about money and power. Money and power also happen to be two things I dislike anyone to have because greed always makes the inhabitant succumb to doing evil deeds.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
[edit on 26-5-2010 by Isis_Is_I]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
OK that thing has to be the wellhead bend:

What else could it be? That bend would have the most fractures, and it has accessory pipes that go with it right there.

Is anyone watching the 'classical' end of the pipe? Is whats spewing at that end brown like at 'wellhead''?

And whats the most pressure machines on a large ship or platform are able to pump out?

I'm trying to figure out how there is a lack of black in the cloud we're all watching, so perhaps they're pushing back at the oil flow with more pressure than the well is pushing up?

FYI: The main well pipe is 21" OD and 20" ID.

So I'm pretty sure that view is the wellhead, and yes it's propaganda BS they haven't been showing it until now that mud is clouding up out of it..

[edit on 26-5-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Well, IMSHO, it almost looks like some kind of concrete was injected into a form that had been strapped down by ROV's over whatever that is. You can see what looks like two straps, one on either side. The white mound looks like concrete to me.

For example, I bought a bag of quickrete. I left it outside overnight, and we had an unexpected storm. After it dried, it was shaped exactly like the bag, creases folds and all, and bears a striking resemblance to that white mound.

Just my observation...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join