It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*UPDATE* BP has NEVER shown us the main leak! Until now...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by lasertaglover
reply to post by webpirate

He is saying that he needs permission from BP, the Coast Guard, and the Corp of Engineers.

www.cnn.com...

Ya..I know...
Was just trying to emphasize that point..

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by curioustype
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

"This is a BRITISH company, why are we letting this happen?"

Speaking as a Brit, I have to agree, that's quite a good question. But do remember the Texas based Halliburton, Swiss company Transocean and USA government/regulatory authorities were also all involved (profiting rather nicely I should think) in this, and I guess all parties will now be squirming like eels to distance themselves from whatever they can here.

On another note, BP is I understand the UKs largest corporation, bigger than our banks even? If it fails due to this, in the current economic climate, I just wonder if it would be the final straw for the UK, then the domino effect would likely ensue, Europe/world markets would, surely, get a hefty double dip recession, and that won't be pretty either.

BP won't fail. Far too diversified of a portfolio in far too many ultra lucrative revenue channels.

They may rebrand and relaunch. But they will not fail.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
[edit on 26-5-2010 by AndersonLee]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Its sad to hear Gov. Jindal say there is 500 people under a tent waiting to start cleaning and they were told not to. He said "we need a leader". How messed up is this when no one is able to do anything. LET THEM CLEAN UP!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
What happens if he uses his own better judgment and just goes ahead and builds the burms?
I would.

Do you think the Coast Guard or whoever will come and knock them down?

And what would happen if those 500 people just got out there and started cleaning up?
Would some group come along and start killing them?

And what authority does BP have here anyway?
I say they have total ZERO say in what we do to protect ourselves.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by OhZone]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

I think there would be public outrage like we have never seen if that happens.
Its a win win. I would go for it.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I dont know if anyone has seen Pravda's video of the eruptions earlier its on youyube quite new, apparently the live feed now is a loop www.youtube.com...#!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
here is the Pravda link scroll dwn there are 3 vids and the briefing that russians scientists gave the russian president engforum.pravda.ru...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

This is going to blow up in Obama's face... everyone connected to this, it's been nothing but cluster-f after cluster-f of bureaucracy.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The footage that the op is saying is the main leak is not. I saw the same footage last night and I'm pretty sure they said it was the dispersants. Hence the yellow chemicals

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
heres a link from the EUTIMES dot com about the report the russian scientists gave to the russian president www.eutimes.net...

[edit on 26-5-2010 by cosmodromia tis parnasida]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I talked about this days and days ago...It's going exactly as I predicted. You can see some of my other posts for confirmation. What I find funny is that now that real gusher can be seen, people are finally saying "WOW!" as if the smaller pipe flow was no big deal. I also find it ironic how suddenly THE LIARS are believable, as if what we are seeing and hearing now can in ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM be believed. DO NOT believe even what you see. And surely, the TRUTH must finally come out...THE OIL IS NOT, I REPEAT NOT, NOT, NOT NOT the REAL STORY...oh yeah, the oil is bad, but let me tell you what's what here...ITS THE METHANE, the PHENOMENAL, ASTOUNDING amount of METHANE pouring into our atmosphere that will be the story...because this hole was the GLORY hole, a lot of oil, but what they were after was the 5000/1 ratio of GAS to OIL...

I guess we'll see...star & flag to the OP, but this wasn't any surprise to me, or to my lady, as she watched and confirmed what I said weeks ago...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Fallen Deepwater Horizon was tapping second largest oil deposit in the world
www.examiner.com

BP oil leak: Fallen Deepwater Horizon was tapping second largest oil deposit in the world

If there is a single aspect to the dangers of the BP oil leak, it lies in the question CEO Tony Hayward and other BP executives have been avoiding since the first drop of oil went rogue: How much oil is leaking?

The real answer is - more than anyone wants to admit, because the well holds enough oil to make Saudi Arabian drillers jealous.

The oil field the Deepwater Horizon had tapped is said to be the second largest deposit in the world. Viewzone.com reports, “The site covers an estimated 25,000 square miles, extending from the inlands of Alabama, Florida, Louisiana and Texas. “

The oil deposit is so large, it could produce 500,000 barrels of a day for more than a decade.

Part of the reason the well exploded is because the site also contains large deposits of natural gas.

Speculation as to why BP has tried to hide the amount of oil spilling may be two-fold. There are legal issues and lawsuits in the works. The less said by BP now, the better it may play out for them in the future. The other, more alarming aspect, is the event of total wellhead failure before relief wells are completed in August.

[edit on 5/26/2010 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by curioustype

"This is a BRITISH company, why are we letting this happen?"

Speaking as a Brit, I have to agree, that's quite a good question. But do remember the Texas based Halliburton, Swiss company Transocean and USA government/regulatory authorities were also all involved (profiting rather nicely I should think) in this, and I guess all parties will now be squirming like eels to distance themselves from whatever they can here.

On another note, BP is I understand the UKs largest corporation, bigger than our banks even? If it fails due to this, in the current economic climate, I just wonder if it would be the final straw for the UK, then the domino effect would likely ensue, Europe/world markets would, surely, get a hefty double dip recession, and that won't be pretty either.

BP won't fail. Far too diversified of a portfolio in far too many ultra lucrative revenue channels.

They may rebrand and relaunch. But they will not fail.

Based in Britain yes, but everyone connected to the major FAIL in decision making here, including the totally and incompetent final decision that allowed the whole mess...Americans...

link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
Its sad to hear Gov. Jindal say there is 500 people under a tent waiting to start cleaning and they were told not to. He said "we need a leader". How messed up is this when no one is able to do anything. LET THEM CLEAN UP!

Good lord, no one needs a damn leader. People need to just ignore those morons and get out there and clean! No more waiting on these Washington fatcats!

link   

"Follow the money"

Indeed, and it will be interesting to see whether anyone benefits in the long run from this, e.g. BP being forced off this field by a purely US consortium, or a $/£ reevaluation if BP fails?

All that aside, I am most concerned about the very real impact on people and ecology in the region, my heart goes out to them.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Can anyone confirm from CNN at approx 2:25 est that the guy with glasses said the military was using C-130s to pass out dispersant ..I thought for sure the anchorman was going to question that cause it looked like the guy that said that had an oops look on his face right after he said it.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I had the live video up last night for a couple hours and it was just of the riser pipe, which actually doesn't seem to be leaking as bad as the horizontal leaking pipes.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I catch something strange on the BP live feed!

I am with BP and Youtube feed open here on my browser and from time to time I watch them.

The BP feed with that yellow machinery from the ROV camera was covered by smoke. Don't know what happened and when I were going to Print Screen it they changed to another camera showing that various leaks...

Did someone saw it too?

Edit: The video covered with smoke may be other than the one with that yellow machinery but so far I'm aware of only 3 cameras with the live feed. The one showing 1 pipe leaking, other showing the machinery and the other showing the various leaks...

[edit on 26-5-2010 by One Step Beyond...]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join