It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*UPDATE* BP has NEVER shown us the main leak! Until now...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
at least we are not at war with korea . The oil is bad but compared to war its not even on the same level in my view.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Yes but I am looking for the recording of the whole conference , because the relevant part (as in somebody saying that this is the main well) is at the very end of that conference .

I did manage to make a screen capture in the other thread but , a screen capture tells only so much

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
Have you seen THIS live feed? It looks like a verticle pipe/well head and a whole lot more is coming out of it.
[edit on 26-5-2010 by westcoast]

It appears that the feed is a replay from 8 May 2010. It really disgusts me that these "people" have no compunction about lying to our faces by saying its a Live Feed and yet, it is clearly a recording!

ESV

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by UnitedSatesofFreemasons

I saw that one shot that looked different from CNN. They had an entire board of feeds up behind them, but we are only getting 1 small feed from the ocean floor.

You are absolutely correct though. That one did look huge. It also looked different than what we have seen. I can't find it again. I'm still looking to try to get that shot of what possibly is the "big one."

I was astounded to see what looked like several live feeds of the same thing from different angles. I even saw briefly CNN had a different feed than BP did at the same time. It was obviously the same time, but different angles. CNN has access to more than we do.

That doesn't seem to surprise me though....

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndersonLee
at least we are not at war with korea . The oil is bad but compared to war its not even on the same level in my view.

www.youtube.com...

It has the potential to be many times worse, unfortunately.

If this oil isn't stopped soon (and frankly, it may already be too late), we are going to see disastrous consequences well beyond the gulf and it's ecosystem. People tend to forget just how important the oceans are for the survival of the planet and what an integral part of the food chain, micro to macro, that they are. That's not even mentioning how much of our global oxygen supply comes from the oceans.

The reason they're not showing us the true nature of the gusher is because people would panic if they knew the truth. This event has the potential to become the biggest man-made catastrophe in history.

If this top kill doesn't work, heaven help us. We're gonna need it.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Sorry if this was already posted...too many threads to follow now...

A 3 piece video of a event that happened Tuesday in the gulf...

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

From this blog...

monkeyfister.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Wow, holyyyy....just wow. Did it seriously just get that much worse? I don't really understand what happend there, but anyone should be able to notice the amount of oil coming out just multiplying by the second. That looks terrible.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Good Intentions

THAT'S THE SMALL LEAK!!!!!!!!

Dylan Ratigan just had two oil execs on saying that most of the slick isn't from the leak they've been showing us!

THEY SAID THEY ASSUME THAT PIPE IS STILL ON THE WELLHEAD IT'S NOT

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
They just panned the camera straight up and you could see the full leak for a few seconds.

LEAK? I mean volcano of oil! I have never seen anything like it and I pray someone got a screen shot of it!

Would someone please hold my hand...this is horribly scary.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Here is an image they were showing us earlier this morning:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9b27a27a3bc4.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is the current view as I am posting this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ddfb0e5dd01b.jpg[/atsimg]

Big, big difference. This isn't the same thing.

I'm not even sure we can believe them now, that this is really what we are seeing....

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Ahhhhh...when you go to the CNN live feed now, you can choose between the regular view, and the 'alt' view.

In the 'alt view', you can see several leaks up front, but there is a massive 'oil cloud' rising behind those leaks.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Star and flag for this thread OP, thanks for bringing this up. I thought for sure when news of the explosion was released, they said the wellhole was 5 feet in diameter.

i tracked the source of that report and now they are saying it was an "error"

But was it???

Errata 5/16/2010: We originally reported that the main hole was 5 feet in diameter, and the pressure 70,000 psi. The pipe is actually 21 inches in diameter, the pressure possibly 20,000 psi, and the high end estimated total leakage is in the range of 3.4 million gallons/day (Ref.). All numbers given by Paul Noel should be taken with a grain of salt. We regret the error.

Mother of all gushers could kill earth's oceans

I located another blog that says it was 5 foot too.

BP Slick: A volcano of oil erupting

New video showing largest hole from pipe 5 feet in diameter spewing oil and natural gas at ~4 barrels per second, along with analysis of the amount of oil on the surface, supports the estimates closer to 1 million barrels per day erupting from this hole BP popped in the ocean floor that contains trillions of barrels of oil and natural gas.

However... the video there of this 5 ft hole has been removed by Youtube.

edit: fixed link

[edit on 5/26/2010 by sodakota]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Youtube is also streaming a live feed of the leak. There is a link at the top of the main page. They are also taking suggestions on how to stop it. Nuke it seems to be quite popular at the moment.

Really, this just disgusts me. I woke up in a bad mood and frankly, this just don't help any. I need to find a pillow and chill out.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by antonia]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
so now pbs is on youtube with a live feed? www.youtube.com... That is indeed different than BP live feed. Anyone know what might be up with this?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I feel you! I'm so upset right now... I can't believe this...

Remember when that professor from Purdue calculated the leak being WAY bigger than they said?

HE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT THE FREAKING MAIN LEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and his numbers were HUGE compared to BP!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
And now here is a shot of possibly the full main spill:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5142d1027497.jpg[/atsimg]

I cant make out when this was shot. It's too blurry, but I got it from CNN.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

I'm sure I read somewhere that near the end time that the sea would turn red and all living things in the ocean would die. Well watching some of these bids the sea is starting to look pretty red??? Is this going to be much bigger than we think???

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by muggl3z

Not to sound rude, but I know, that is the title of this thread lol. And yea, I can't imagine what the main leak looks like. I'm going to go ahead and assume that the main leak got a whole lot worse than it was before, along with this leak.

With this video in mind, its hard to even comprehend that how bad that actually is. You can tell in that video the force is coming from the side, not from the bottom. Again, my jaw dropped to this which isn't even the main leak (as far as we know).

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Once more, that is the top kill bop being lowered, they are at about 1500ft.

Of course it is not the same thing!! Just watch the fish swimming around.
Good night, it is 12:30am here in the UAE and I have to go back out to the desert early to work on a....you got it...a land rig!

BTW, the Turkmenistan blowout you showed, I went past that area about a year ago to go on an Iranian jack-up offshore, the Iran Khazar.
Those land rigs are operated by the Chinese..good night.
Tom

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
Youtube is also streaming a live feed of the leak. There is a link at the top of the main page. There are also taking suggestions on how to stop it. Nuke it seems to be quite popular at the moment.

Really, this just disgusts me. I woke up in a bad mood and frankly, this just don't help any. I need to find a pillow and chill out.

wow, I really hope they do not decide to nuke it! that's just what we need! not only will most of the sea life be dead but whatever is left will be mutated/poisoned by radiation. I completely agree with you...disgusting.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join