It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*UPDATE* BP has NEVER shown us the main leak! Until now...

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthKix

Very similar... the ROV is moving around now, but it looks to me like it is FAR worse now, and while I can see a mix of mud and oil, I can see a LOT of oil still.

If the mud were working, wouldn't it start to clog the cracks more and more, slowly reducing the amount coming out until it stops and starts to back down the well? That is how it's been explained over and over, but looking at the feed, that is NOT happening. It still looks like we're watching a volcano erupt.

I don't think the mud will do a damn thing to be honest. You can see black oil still permeating it's way into the water if you look at the feed close enough.

~Namaste

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

This nightmare simply need to come to an end. Everyday that I hear and read about it it makes me want to vomit!

S & F

Thanks for posting this thread

PEACE

Slay

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
It sure doesn't look good right now. That definitely looks worse than yesterday.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne
reply to post by StealthKix

Very similar... the ROV is moving around now, but it looks to me like it is FAR worse now, and while I can see a mix of mud and oil, I can see a LOT of oil still.

If the mud were working, wouldn't it start to clog the cracks more and more, slowly reducing the amount coming out until it stops and starts to back down the well? That is how it's been explained over and over, but looking at the feed, that is NOT happening. It still looks like we're watching a volcano erupt.

I don't think the mud will do a damn thing to be honest. You can see black oil still permeating it's way into the water if you look at the feed close enough.

~Namaste

oh look they switched the feed back to a previously recorded one im guessing

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
pbs

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Charly111

it sure does look very violent down there. Who knows what kind force and power it will take to cap this.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Getting updated on this for the first time today. I'm sitting here remembering those BP "Beyond Petroleum" commercials from a few years back. You know, the ones portraying them as leading the fight for a better, cleaner Planet.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
UPDATE: According to Suttles, the junk shot has already been done at the beginning of the pumping process today. Now they are pumping mud and will continue to try different amounts of mud and different types of junk at varying degrees and pressures.

Now, look at the video feed again and tell me if you think that it's working. If it were, we should see some changes in the amount coming out, and it does not look any better to me.

~Namaste

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
this guy says the video they've been showing for days is NOT LIVE, it's a video loop:

pesn.com...

here's the link to the video

www.youtube.com...

"I document how BP's "live" feed was actually a brief (less than 15-seconds) loop repeating for more than 8 hours until the image went black at around 4:00 am this morning. The above image, for example, is made using just three frames repeating every 25/100ths of a second."

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by powers2010
this guy says the video they've been showing for days is NOT LIVE, it's a video loop:

pesn.com...

here's the link to the video

www.youtube.com...

"I document how BP's "live" feed was actually a brief (less than 15-seconds) loop repeating for more than 8 hours until the image went black at around 4:00 am this morning. The above image, for example, is made using just three frames repeating every 25/100ths of a second."

That was yesterday... and yes, the video feed was being looped. I personally watched it with my wife and we both realized very quickly that it was a loop.

I don't know for sure if it still is being looped or not, but I have seen 'some' fresh video footage today, but it could all be smoke and mirrors. The video I've been seeing today does look indicative of the use of more mud, but I still don't think that it's going to work. I hope it does, but my gut tells me that they (the oil companies) have bitten off more than they can chew since they have NEVER dealt with a problem like this before.

If BP does manage to stop the flow, I will eat crow and be impressed with their 'junk' technology. As of right now, I'm still watching and waiting for any signs of improvement.

~Namaste

[edit on 28-5-2010 by SonOfTheLawOfOne]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The thing that I noticed was and still is that, when there's activity regarding the rov's and camera angels, the stream is more frames per second that when the feed of the spewing oil leak/methane gas is showed.

In my guess thats because ( if it is actually still a loop ) you can make a better loop with just a couple of frames just like the pentagon released footage of the explosion....

Transparency my $%SS, we don't know what where looking at, and when there is activity nothing really shows imho...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
HOLY CRAP!!!!!

I was just sitting here watching the live feed. At 1809 feed time. I swear for about 2 seconds in the upper right corner, I saw what looked EXACTLY like a thumb that covered the lens.
This wasn't one of the rovers down there. This looked like a pink thumb. Just like you see all the time is pictures where you get your thumb over the lens for a shot.

It wasn't there long, and hasn't repeated itself. It was too quick to get a screenshot of it. By the time it registered what it was it was already gone.....

I hate jumping to conclusions, but if that really was what it looked like then....wow

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I believe all that junk and MUD has compromised the structural integrity of the BOP. I see more leaks now than before. Maybe it's just my imagination, but if you add objects to a flow of 17'000 psi they will act more like projectiles. Let's hope I'm wrong ...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Other than Superman nobody could withstand the pressure down there without a serious super diving suit.

Pink thumb? Get off the coffee now ... LOL.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

lol...I know.
That was my point though. What if the shot really isn't "down there?"

I believe it is...but I swear that looked like a thumb....lol

I wish I could have gotten a screen shot of it....

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I was just about to say something similar about that anomaly. But I'm trying to see if this is a loop or not. And a couple of minutes after I first saw it, it came again exactly the same. It's not a thumb, but a cloud of spewing material, my guess only one frame long. That's how you can see this is a loop... I can't believe it..

Look for it in the top right corner.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AquaTim84

Yeah..I have been watching it since then..I have seen that cloud many times..but nothing that really looks like what I saw before...

lol..I swear I could see the ridges in the fingerprint...

[edit on 28-5-2010 by webpirate]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Yeah..I just saw it again. It's the light hitting the debris in such a way as it makes it look pink. Definitely a loop.
So much for a live feed....

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by powers2010

Here is proof that there is something wrong with the live feeds. I was comparing feeds from different sources to see if any of them are noticeably different, and it seems that there is definitely something not quite right with the feeds...

Screenshot

This image was taken by me and is hosted on my own home server, so I would appreciate it if you would only download the image once, because my upload speed is limited to 50 Kbps, and repeatedly accessing large files is the equivalent of a DOS attack for my poor server haha. Also, since this is a full size screenshot, it may take a little while for it to download. Eventually I will remove this from my server, so you might want to save it for your own records.

Anyway, what you will see in the image is a live feed from (nolink) on the left, and a live feed from CNN.com on the right. On the left feed, the ROV is holding a wrench and moving it around randomly. On the right feed, the ROV was never seen. I had been watching both feeds for approximately 5 minutes before the ROV and wrench appeared, and watched for an additional 15 minutes to see if there was just a delay with the CNN feed. The (nolink) feed has a timestamp that was fairly close to the system time on my computer. The CNN feed also has a timestamp, but it is conveniently covered up by the CNN logo.

Opinions?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by anonymous lurker

Those just look like to different camera angles or different leaks/locations. There is not just one I've read there are more.

But non the less, I have yet to see some actual work being done in there video's.

Here on our news website in the Netherlands there was e news item about that the leak had been stopped by the mud injection. When I got home my dad said he read the newspapers and there it said it wasn't stopped...

Does not make one bit of sense to me...

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join