It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*UPDATE* BP has NEVER shown us the main leak! Until now...

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbrefeu
reply to post by DClairvoyant

i asked my wife today about why the feed footage is so shvitty. we have cellphone video capability with live streaming at higher than 10mp not to speak of black development etc. the bp cam looks like a webcam, or better yet early dvc with insane droprate, no contrast, depth or size relations absolutely not HD like one would think or want in a large disaster as such.

the devils advocate in me says they are using the better resolution for their own feed and study, fine if i had the technology as a corporation of only one hd cam i would not show it to the public until everything was scrutinized. corporations do not have to be transparent. so fine... BP has an HD cam there.

but wouldnt they probably have more than one hd cam and source, ie thermal imaging, spectral range photo etc etc.

think how many cameras a mars rover has, how many tools and testing devices the aliens now control (at least in our latest debaucle). yes nasas budget is higher than all oceanographic institutes combined.

i guess more conspiratorial thought. and just that.

the "sweet" i meant was more of my sarcastic statements style. like having your car towed kind of Sweeeeet!@##@#@@! but i guess theorizing can sometimes taste like candy to others, no misrepresentation on my end.

im just thinking out loud. and hopefully on topic.

I was referring to "sweet" as the nerdy guys who know their stuff with computer's and how to infiltrate computer network systems via control such things like those of ROV camera's *hint. Its just code-named "Sweet" so as not to get myself in the Sh*t. There are people out their willing to give up everything they have, not to prove how great they are or anything along those lines or for competition purposes but because they are human like us.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by DClairvoyant]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DClairvoyant

thanks for the clarification.
(and i would imagine for every laptop used on humanity's side, there are at least 5 people on the ground handing out candy.)
grassroots and netroots are all that is truly going to solve this, that and a little tony chachere's cajun seasoning.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne
I knew it... this just hit the wire...

BP Hits Snag Plugging Leak

Start preparing people...
~Namaste

I have a feeling they ran out of "mud" which is supposed to be pretty expensive because it contains bentonite. Bentonite is good stuff for binding to and sinking toxins, used a lot for chelation, it may help settle some of the nasty stuff out there but those plumes look fiercer and more pressurized for their effort.

Are they making things worse?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith
reply to post by carewemust

LOL!?!?!?

What are you crazy!!

I'm no doctor but i'm pretty sure stopping the pumping of mud to clear the view is a pretty bad idea lol.

You want to keep pumping non stop to not loose any gain you may have made.

I think it was just the current changing. You can see the gush tilted to the left slightly.

Now it's starting to fog over again.

Izarith,
Despite your brash and callous response to my question/suspicion, it
does indeed appear that BP must periodically STOP pumping the
mud-grease into the drilling hole in order to gauge if the operation is
having the desired effect.

Ref: www.cnn.com...

-cwm

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne
I knew it... this just hit the wire...

BP Hits Snag Plugging Leak

Start preparing people...
~Namaste

I knew it was going to fail before they even attempted the so-called "top kill". It is absolutely impossible with conventional technology to seal a 270,000 psi leak. Why even try?

As I said before the only solution is to contain the leakage area as much as possible by allowing the oil and methane to surfuce and if necessary they could even divert it to land 50 miles away.

Allowing the oil(the hell with the methane gas)to leak at 5000 ft below the surface means the oil gets dispersed at a much, much wider radius then if they collect/skim it off the surface.

As for the chemcial dispersants that is a conspiracy of its own. You DON'T WANT to disperse it, YOU WANT TO CONGEAL IT! They are doing everything the wrong way which leads me to conclude it was a setup all along. A month has gone by and they have done ZILT. I feel terrible for all the people in that area, nevermind all the dead fish/birds.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by EarthCitizen07]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisCrikey

www.allvoices.com...

Read the quoted comment as this shares some light into the corruption behind BP's plot for profiteering purposes?

DJW: Are you saying the best kept secret by the oil industry is that oil can be synthesized and it can be a “renewable source”?

KP: Yes, we can make oil ourselves using algae and sunlight. Keep in mind, the most efficient solar collector is the plant. Every plant on this planet is thus a very efficient solar collector. We just simply need to embrace the concept. One other note I want to add is the horrendous volumes of oil it takes to provide the energy needs of the planet. We spend countless dollars on trucks, tanks, pipelines, oil tankers, ports, refineries, etc. Isn't it time to take a look at a more efficient form of energy, one that is more compact or dense so-to-speak? Can a 500 hp car run on a cup of hydrogen crystals for a year? It is possible.

DJW: Lamar McKay, head of BP testified before the Senate on Tuesday and he said, “no amount of resources will be spared to clean up the oil spill and mitigate the damages”. Do you believe him?

KP: Anyone who would trust an oil company executive or spokesman today could probably be declared legally insane. I mean think about it just one moment and ask yourself when have they ever told us the truth? They always under-report the size of a spill and the danger to animals and workers. In the case of the Exxon Valdez it has been 20 years and only 1/10 of the claims have been handled. Less than 4% of the oil was recovered. Ask anyone associated with fishing in Prince William Sound and they will tell you that the mess was never cleaned up.

DJW: BP representatives have repeatedly said, “we will pay all ˜legitimate claims”. Do you think the repeated use of the “legitimate” forecasts that their attorneys will come up with evasive definitions of “legitimate”?

KP: This well is leaking upwards of 1.2 million gallons a day; these are BP's own figures. They acknowledge that if the valve breaks that it could be upwards of five million gallons a day. So the idea that they will cover all legitimate claims is a physical impossibility.

I purposely chose this website for many reason's and as I'm currently searching for how much profit BP is making through this corrupted attempt as shows in previous history records of their devious games for money purposes.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

If BP the corporation is punished the way many of the corporation-haters
want, you can add thousands of BP employee families to the families along
the Gulf who will be financially devastated by this incident.

The animal and wetland issues will be dwarfed by the overall human
carnage this will cause.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust

carnage this will cause.

great changes have to come and it will change people habits so yes there would be unemployed people. a little more than what we know today, but it would change things.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DClairvoyant

KP: Anyone who would trust an oil company executive or spokesman today could probably be declared legally insane. I mean think about it just one moment and ask yourself when have they ever told us the truth? They always under-report the size of a spill and the danger to animals and workers. In the case of the Exxon Valdez it has been 20 years and only 1/10 of the claims have been handled. Less than 4% of the oil was recovered. Ask anyone associated with fishing in Prince William Sound and they will tell you that the mess was never cleaned up.

The parts I bolded out give us the BIG PICTURE! Less than 4% of the exxon valdez oil was cleaned up. Do we expect BP to collect 90% of the oil BY DISPERSING below the surface? How many tankers are in the area to collect oil?

Originally posted by DClairvoyant
I purposely chose this website for many reason's and as I'm currently searching for how much profit BP is making through this corrupted attempt as shows in previous history records of their devious games for money purposes.

Great article but its NOT about financial greed, its either about moronic incompetance or a planned disaster. My money is on the second because its easier to believe the elite want to bring down america so they can implement the NAU and AMERO. They certainly need AN EXCUSE to do that!

Problem, Reaction, Solution

[edit on 27-5-2010 by EarthCitizen07]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

carnage this will cause.

I don't hate corporations! I hate governments that sleep on the same bed with corporations and make mutual decisions against the people for their own selfish interests. Do you get it?

As for punishing BP I am not for adding steep penalties because 1)that would be unnecessary 2)all the penalties will be paid for by consumers and tax-payers one way or another.

The best punishment is to have a criminal investigation and punish those that were directly or indirectly responsible for the accident. Not spending an additional $500,000 for safety can be considered criminal negligence in my book.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I was also shocked by the 4% and thankyou for adding your comments, I say the more comments the more merrier

Its shocking only 4% in the last 20 years, I was wondering whether we would be seeing more than just months play out of this disaster as I wonder just how much oil over how long of a period of time this disaster could potentially play out for. Surely BP have records of how big their oil chamber, even a satellite image taken from space COULD show many millions worldwide the depth of this oil chamber and how large it is. They have technology to do that, why haven't they already. I totally agree with you that this is a planned disaster as everything falls in place and it just saddens me to see the destruction it has already done and it saddens me even more that BP will continue making this situation worse.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

LOL!!!

Like i said it's carzy silly.

BP did not stop the mud because it was a good idea, they stopped because they just ran out of 250,000 barrels of expensive MUD!

It's game over, it did not work. All that mud was for nothing, nada, zip, zilch.

I don't know what they are going to do now.

Does anyone know if they even tried the junk kill before they ran out of mud?

And I was not trying to be offensive in my reply to you, I was just trying to show how ridiculous the idea was. You don't stop unless what you are doing is useless and ineffective or you run out of 250,000 barrels of expensive mud.

Trust me they will not be trying this again, the plan failed.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

OK just read the article you posted.

Looks like after running out of 250,000 barrels of mud when they only thought of needing 2 to 3 thousand barrels they are now going to try the junk kill witch is pumping mud and junk in the hopes of plugging the BOP.

If this does not work, this is the last line and it's game over.

But again you do not under any circumstances stop the pumping of mud to check progress. This is a no brainer, you do not do it.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

carnage this will cause.

Look If i toss a grape out my car window I end up with a 1,000 dollar fine that completely disables my ability to live.

My dads geo metro did not pass the god damn smog check because it's tiny three cylinder engine was a point or two above regulations.

And yet these sons of whores can absolutely destroy an entire god damn ocean and still get a sympathetic response for you!!!

Kiss my shiny metal butt.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Izarith]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Well said Izarith. They should HAVE to pay full repercussions.
We do something minor and get slammed for it. They majorly pollute and ocean and multiple ecosystems, yet people seem to think they will get off, or SHOULD get off as the other poster just said.

I wouldn't worry about the BP family members. BP made 6.1 billion dollars for the first quarter of 2010. They estimate they are spending either 30 or 60 million a day on the spill cleanup.

They are still sucking up a lot of oil on a daily basis...even if it's just a small amount compared to what they are blowing into the Gulf.

I think the employees of BP will be just fine. The employees of the shrimping industry or fishing industry along with a lot of others in the areas of the catastrophe.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by webpirate]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Corporations ARE the men and women who work for them and make
them viable. When you punish a corporation, you punish families.
THAT my shiny metal butted friend, is a NO BRAINER.

-cwm

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
GoodBye SeaLife

Sadly this feels like I might be telling my grand-children when we used to burn gasoline, and destroy the earth every chance we got-

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Great comments and insight here about this coverup. I was wondering if perhaps the reason that BP insisted on using "their" brand of dispersant and have been doing absolutely no cleanup is because that after the leak is stopped they will try to recover the water/oil mix, separate and clean it and make a profit from the "reclaimed" oil. It just seems strange that there has been such a minimal effort at cleanup from both BP and the government. I also agree about the video footage, it is probably some sort of looped, edited footage. Everytime I see the "live" video, I think back to the old Burger King commercials (or was it Wendy's), "where's the beef". Where is the "mud" pipe going up to the surface in any video footage? BP is not showing all of the site and all of the leaks.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

reply to post by Izarith

Corporations ARE the men and women who work for them and make
them viable. When you punish a corporation, you punish families.
THAT my shiny metal butted friend, is a NO BRAINER.

-cwm

Yeah, your right.

I know lets give BP the Nobel Prize!

I'm sure all that oil is going to kill some creature at the bottom of the ocean that we have never discovered before. Once it dies and washes on the Louisiana coast all our scientists will have to do is wash the crude oil off and study it. Maybe we will even find the cure for breast cancer!!!

Thank you BP.

P.S. for all of you who think this could never happen (BP getting the Nobel Prize for the gulf Spill) just remember....Al Gore Got one for making a movie with more Si-Fi in it than Star Wars.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Izarith]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Excellent thread. I was very suspicious of BP from the very beginning. No oil company that creates this sort of disaster is going to reveal the severity willingly.

Maybe it's just my paranoia setting in but I think it's time to get the water and food rations collected for whatever the near future holds.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join