It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And all of the oceans ran red and all sea life died

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Revelation 8:8, 9
8 The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood, 9 a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

Are we seeing a fullfilment of this prophecy with the current oil spill in the gulf of mexico? It certainly fits into the scope of this biblical prophecy but is this oil spill actually what was prophecyed by the bible? And if so could there be foul play from the part of TPTB?

www.foxnews.com...

as the thread discussing this link has mentioned all these mistakes made by the higher ups in BP, are they really mistakes or could there be something much grander happening right now?

I believe this has been put in the wrong forum so mods could you please relocate? am quite new to this thread-posting hence the mistake

[edit on 26-5-2010 by faceoff85]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Now let me make this real clear from the start. I believe the oil spill is NOT the fullfilment of this prophecy. I do believe it could lead to the fullfillment but the reason I dont buy it (yet) is because of the symbolical meaning always attributed to the book of revelation... I have a pretty detailed view of how this prophecy will come to fruition but I am interested in the input from my fellow ATS-ers

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
taken out of its original context, revelations can mean anything you want it to mean. Bunch of garbage, only used to manipulate and/or justify evil using apocalypticism, if not taken literally.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Wouldn't a red tide be more suited to your theory?

They have been going on for a while, as you can see by the link below.

marine-life.suite101.com...

The ocean actually looks red from these tides, and seems more to fit the picture of what you are trying to get at.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I would think the prophecy before it would have to come to fruition, but i could be wrong. Some of the pictures of the oil on the beach does have an orangish- red tinge to it.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
and revelations says ALL OCEANS will run red. not something the size of a dime on the map. i agree the symbolism is intriguing but thats the extent of it

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by invisibleman11

well thats up for debate as in the end revelations IS a vision. what has been written down was an interpretation of a vision received... Also the mountain ablaze mentioned could very well have been an oil rig.. gotta keep in mind this was thousands of years ago when there were no oil rigs. so for someone living in that time who knows what they saw... all he did was describe what he saw...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Oil wells are not thrown into the ocean. Meteors are and are usually on fire. It would have to be a huge meteor to cause that much damage and the death of 1/3 of sea life could be from the radiation also called wormwood. Research the prophecies a little better please.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by drdalev
Oil wells are not thrown into the ocean. Meteors are and are usually on fire. It would have to be a huge meteor to cause that much damage and the death of 1/3 of sea life could be from the radiation also called wormwood. Research the prophecies a little better please.

uhmmm.... the whole point was to hear different inputs... I have most certainly done my homework on this and my conclusion doesn't even come close to what is presented so far... I am very curious as to your interpretation of this prophecy though...

so.... care to devulge me?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Seems to me that you won't get the answers you are looking for because people are too set in what they perceive is the reality of what actually is dogma or as we call it now a days, the red herring.
Today we now know that this spill is a gusher under the ocean and that it is bigger than a dime on a map. Just look at all the breaking news.
Also to assume that prophets knew exactly what they were envisioning when they had no clue what a plane, train, auto or the like is just plain nonsense. For all you know, it was a plane that blew up and hit the ocean - it never says how big or the like. Anything now a days can be in the sky on fire. Remember Sky Lab? If too young, look it up. And Red Tide may be the indication but Red Tide itself does not spread over the entire globe - unless something is killing off its natural predators that eat it. Can anyone say OIL? And now that this oil is there, what about hurricane season? Can anyone say Black Rain?
All I'm saying is you guys should be using this site to expand, not confound. We should be following things to their logical conclusion, gathering ideas - not browbeating antiquated notions. This is why we get so distracted by what is placed in front of us - obstacles to detour us from the real goings on.
I would make a bet that they are now so pressed to get us into a new world order union (Canada, Mexico, US) under codex alimentarius (beating Canadians with it now) that they are willing to destroy us by their own fire. Just think of the damage this stuff will do when it covers all of our lands, destroying the fertility of our soil. We won't be able to eat unless we are good little boys and girls now will we?

[edit on 27-5-2010 by DaWhiz]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
You're probably right. I don't think this oil leak (Which they say is now fixed) is THE happening as foretold in Revelations, but it does make you stop and think. This is actually one of the first things I thought of when I saw the initial image of the oil in the water.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
It is not the second trumpet as described in Revelations. First off, the
Rapture hasn't occured yet. The seven seals have not happened yet.
The seven seals are the first 21 months of the Tribulation. The seven
trumpets are the next 21 months of the Tribulation. The seals and trumpets
make up the first 3 1/2 years of the Tribulation period. The peace accord
with Israel has not been signed by the Antichrist who hasn't appeared yet.
There has to be a one world government, one world currency, and one
world religion before any of these things happen. It's not quite time yet.

You don't have to believe me at all, in fact I don't expect you to go by
what I say. This is written in the scriptures in the book of Revelation.
And to the poster who called the prophecies "garbage", I really hope
you are alive to live during the Tribulation period so you can see first
hand the REAL destruction that is yet to come., and maybe you will
realize the scriptures are not garbage. Even when the scriptures
happen and unfold before the earth, people will still say it is garbage.
Have fun trying to live through the seven years of horror that is to come.

When the seven year Tribulation starts, the ones left on the earth will
definitely knows when it begins, and won't be left to wild speculations
or guesses anymore.

This things going on in the Gulf are not part of the seven trumpets. The
earth has to go through the seven seals first.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by endtimer]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The only thing that can turn the oceans red is the red tide and that is been growing steadily for the last few decades, but they are limited to coastal waters and affects shell fish.

This paranoia about the end off time prophecies and the oil spill is getting now out of hand.

Is no going to be a death sea people, perhaps some death sea animals and mammals as the result of the spill but no, the sea is not going to die because BP

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This is already in discussion twice over that I know of so stop.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I dont think the way we are to delve into the prophecy has been discussed... I wont be able to give a detailed presentation since that would take a good amount of reading up on the subject but what I do know from the back of my mind is that the whole ocean turning red like blood is not ment in the literal sence, instead its meant symbolically. We can use among others, Joseph, who was sold by his brothers in the first couple of books in the bible, as an example of how a dream/vision should be explained. Now there are a couple of different visions mentioning the end of the world. A good example is the statue King david saw made up of gold, silve, bronze, iron and the feet of iron mixed with cementlike stuff (supossed to indicate something brittle)
Now something interesting the Prophet Daniel saw in a vision
Daniel 7:2-8 (New International Version)

2 Daniel said: "In my vision at night I looked, and there before me were the four winds of heaven churning up the great sea. 3 Four great beasts, each different from the others, came up out of the sea.
4 "The first was like a lion, and it had the wings of an eagle. I watched until its wings were torn off and it was lifted from the ground so that it stood on two feet like a man, and the heart of a man was given to it.
5 "And there before me was a second beast, which looked like a bear. It was raised up on one of its sides, and it had three ribs in its mouth between its teeth. It was told, 'Get up and eat your fill of flesh!'
6 "After that, I looked, and there before me was another beast, one that looked like a leopard. And on its back it had four wings like those of a bird. This beast had four heads, and it was given authority to rule.
7 "After that, in my vision at night I looked, and there before me was a fourth beast—terrifying and frightening and very powerful. It had large iron teeth; it crushed and devoured its victims and trampled underfoot whatever was left. It was different from all the former beasts, and it had ten horns.
8 "While I was thinking about the horns, there before me was another horn, a little one, which came up among them; and three of the first horns were uprooted before it. This horn had eyes like the eyes of a man and a mouth that spoke boastfully.

4 wild beasts...Note how the last beast mentioned actually is 1 and the same as the beast mentioned in revelations. To know what they represent we should look at another vison the prophet daniel received..

Daniel 8:3-8 (New International Version)
3 I looked up, and there before me was a ram with two horns, standing beside the canal, and the horns were long. One of the horns was longer than the other but grew up later. 4 I watched the ram as he charged toward the west and the north and the south. No animal could stand against him, and none could rescue from his power. He did as he pleased and became great.
5 As I was thinking about this, suddenly a goat with a prominent horn between his eyes came from the west, crossing the whole earth without touching the ground. 6 He came toward the two-horned ram I had seen standing beside the canal and charged at him in great rage. 7 I saw him attack the ram furiously, striking the ram and shattering his two horns. The ram was powerless to stand against him; the goat knocked him to the ground and trampled on him, and none could rescue the ram from his power. 8 The goat became very great, but at the height of his power his large horn was broken off, and in its place four prominent horns grew up toward the four winds of heaven.

Ok.. some more animals... what do they represent?

Daniel 8:20-25 (New International Version)
20 The two-horned ram that you saw represents the kings of Media and Persia. 21 The shaggy goat is the king of Greece, and the large horn between his eyes is the first king. 22 The four horns that replaced the one that was broken off represent four kingdoms that will emerge from his nation but will not have the same power.
23 "In the latter part of their reign, when rebels have become completely wicked, a stern-faced king, a master of intrigue, will arise. 24 He will become very strong, but not by his own power. He will cause astounding devastation and will succeed in whatever he does. He will destroy the mighty men and the holy people. 25 He will cause deceit to prosper, and he will consider himself superior. When they feel secure, he will destroy many and take his stand against the Prince of princes. Yet he will be destroyed, but not by human power.

Now remember.... 200 years after this was written down Alexander the Great died and his4 sons took over...
also read the following:

Daniel 7:17 (New International Version)
7 'The four great beasts are four kingdoms that will rise from the earth.

All in all this shows the bible uses animals to represent kingdoms or governments...
Now back to the bloodred water prohecy... Note that the 4th wild beast emerges from the sea:

Revelation 13
1And the dragon stood on the shore of the sea. And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. He had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on his horns, and on each head a blasphemous name.

So we've established that the beast mentioned is in fact a government or kingdom... So what would the sea be?

Isaiah 17:12-13 (New International Version)
12 Oh, the raging of many nations— they rage like the raging sea! Oh, the uproar of the peoples— they roar like the roaring of great waters!
13 Although the peoples roar like the roar of surging waters, when he rebukes them they flee far away, driven before the wind like chaff on the hills, like tumbleweed before a gale.

Isaiah 57:20 (New International Version)
20 But the wicked are like the tossing sea, which cannot rest, whose waves cast up mire and mud.

So the bible used the sea as a means to describe a mass of humans... this would make sence when remembering those beast emerging from the sea represent kingdoms... putting it together those beasts representing governments emerge from human masses. afterall a government exists of humans.. so what would dying the sea red like blood represent? well the exact explanation is VERY elaborate but it boils down to a third of the human masses (christianity in particular) are no longer accepted by god and therefore dead in his eyes.

So in a nutshell this is what I believe the prophecy represents.. so the conclusion is that this oil spill is NOT the fullfilment of this prophecy

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The Tribulation has already begun and yes this oil leak IS the beginning of the prophecy mentioned in The Book if Revelation. Father Yahweh is making Her name known and it will only continue to get worse from here. If you recognize this sign and believe it is time to prepare your heart.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by faceoff85
Revelation 8:8, 9
8 The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood, 9 a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

Are we seeing a fullfilment of this prophecy with the current oil spill in the gulf of mexico? It certainly fits into the scope of this biblical prophecy but is this oil spill actually what was prophecyed by the bible? And if so could there be foul play from the part of TPTB?

www.foxnews.com...

as the thread discussing this link has mentioned all these mistakes made by the higher ups in BP, are they really mistakes or could there be something much grander happening right now?

I believe this has been put in the wrong forum so mods could you please relocate? am quite new to this thread-posting hence the mistake

[edit on 26-5-2010 by faceoff85]

this "prophecy" you speak of happens quite a bit...it's science that discovered red algae bloom in the sea that covered tens of square miles, and yes, aquatic life died due to the lack of oxegen in the water being sucked up by the red algae...this is exactly why the "religions" didn't want people to learn science...it would take away the fear that was so tediously cultivated by religous leaders.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by endtimer

There is already a one world currency its called a byte. Nearly all money across the world exists as computer code.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

this "prophecy" you speak of happens quite a bit...it's science that discovered red algae bloom in the sea that covered tens of square miles, and yes, aquatic life died due to the lack of oxegen in the water being sucked up by the red algae...this is exactly why the "religions" didn't want people to learn science...it would take away the fear that was so tediously cultivated by religous leaders.

You should take the time to read my previous post and all other posts for that matter... I have my own interpretation of this prophecy and you could have read about this. I explained this quite extensively. the whole point of this thread was not wether the oil spill is the fullfillment of the prophecy in revelation but what the prophecy actually means and especially how fellowposters thought about this...

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

This happened in the 70's too and it will happen again. It's a consolidation of power. This is just a distraction and they will keep coming. They have to keep everyone tuned in or it could put them in danger of loosing control and people finding out which would destroy their plans.

Remember things always work both ways. All for 1 and 1 for all. Which will you be?

Peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join