It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Soldier Beaten After Reporting Crimes

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Don't ask don't tell is a bad policy. The Spartans were the greatest warriors ever known and notoriously homosexual.

People shouldn't have to hide who they really are.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by theability

No I sure couldn't imagine being 45 and going in to basic training. I was just about to turn 45 when they extended the age a few years ago and I got a real chuckle out of that.

I asked myself Proto it's not to late to join the army! I was of course thinking of the black market opportunities as I mused it over for all of 9.2 seconds.

Yet the truth is that war is racket, fought for spoils, and the very first markets appeared outside of military camps, because the very first coins were made to pay soldiers, who because they were far from home, and fighting in wars instead of engaged in a trade or farming, or mining, had nothing to barter with.

Slavery and debt and currency are all concepts born out of war, and keeping armies fighting.

We've had our differences of opinion in the past Proto, but the preceding paragraph is incredibly insightful.

Thank you for that post.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

The truth is though that a lot of things happen in the fog of war, and we might all be better served finding more peacable ways to settle our differences.
emphasis added

I believe peace needs an open ear. The story of our world, blatantly shows our nature, through the course of our fragmented history.

It seems with the 'conciousness we claim", could use harmonious ideas, leading to oustanding solutions, solving major issues facing humanity today in and in the future.

I know and believe humanity is great enough.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Don't ask don't tell is a bad policy. The Spartans were the greatest warriors ever known and notoriously homosexual.

Agree Don't Ask Don't Tell is bad policy. I had no idea the Spartans were homosexual.
Looks like they are finally going to deal with it, I would say it's about time.

Guess it doesn't pay to tell the truth these days, thank goodness they didn't kill him, if that had been the case we would never know what happened.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Well you know what they say friend Hunka, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I don't think must people quite understand what a driving force for change and a catalyst of change military endeavors and wars have always been.

Even the very Internet we are enjoying this exchange on, was originally developed to be an alternative communication system in a nuclear exchange that might take out the old telephone switching stations.

War for all it's evils is the mother of most all human inventions.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

If this is true, those men will pay. Drug use in the Military is nothing new, its been going on since Roman Wars.

But if it is true they will be punished severally.

This pizza place/ bar I used to work at a couple years back...I worked with a guy who had done 2 tours in iraq already and had been stabbed , shot and what not .....anyways, he told me that they had "rave" like parties on base all the time.

They sneak in drugs in Peanutbutter jars, coffee, and a few other things he said But I forgot.

He said it was all over the place.....A LOT of ecstasy ...

I was kind of shocked really...well not shocked but pretty taken aback by easy going he was about saying it too as if it wasn't a big deal.

And according to him it really wasn't, he explained a few other ways that they would get away with some other minor things...some innocent, some major....

That in no way means that every solider is doing that.

We wouldn't havea functionable army if it was so, but it is definitely going on more than you think.

And another though, there may be a few minor things that I wouldn't mind the soldiers taking....I mean they are out battling people who are trying to kill them, in extreme conditions for prolonged periods of time.

That takes a tole on your mental health so I can understand the need for them to "unwind" .....and I don't think any less of them than I would a civilian, but I mean if they are on meth and E while "out there" then that is f'ed up..

Sounds like it's a more " On Base " time of thing.....which isn't as bad i guess

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1

Agree Don't Ask Don't Tell is bad policy. I had no idea the Spartans were homosexual.

Guess it doesn't pay to tell the truth these days, thank goodness they didn't kill him, if that had been the case we would never know what happened.

The Spartans began their military service typically at the age of five or six, where an adult Spartan soldier would accept a boy to mentor him in the Spartan warior traditions.

Part of their training and up bringing was they had to fend for themselves by stealing their meals and clothes from the surrounding country side, if they got caught, their mentors would beat them, not for stealing, but for getting caught at stealing.

At some stage of their development their mentor would take the ward in their charge as a lover, and Spartan women were so hard pressed to seduce their husbands on their wedding nights they often had to dress up as men and spent several nights in the baracks trying to coax their new husband away from his fellow men.

The weren't just homosexual they were down right gay!

Believe me when I say, I doubt anyone made fun of them for it!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
reply to post by antonia

I was referring to making those knocking on the doors of immigration in to the united states. Expand the pool for the many more still waiting in line outside of the US. It is practiced to an extent, but a further review and expansion of said practices should easily fill that gap.

It's what the Romans did towards the end, didn't do them much good militarily but did wonders for the gene pool of Europe and the Middle East, imho history will repeat in this case.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
reply to post by antonia

I merely stated open the channels to join the millitary to those applying for residence and waiting in line for immigration. Of course there is no line for the military, the lack of the line is causing recruits to go for ex-cons.

The line about being right is not my issue.

No you don't get it, they're already doing what you say in effect, they're called Green Card Warriors, leave the imo queue straight into the forces you and your dependents are now Merkan.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
you see this crap is what makes me mad about the military. Somebody tries to do the right thing and they get beat up for it. This world is turning into hell. I support the troops just not this rubbish against their fellow brother. Fate was watching over this man that is for sure.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Originally posted by Aquarius1

The Spartans began their military service typically at the age of five or six, where an adult Spartan soldier would accept a boy to mentor him in the Spartan warior traditions.

Part of their training and up bringing was they had to fend for themselves by stealing their meals and clothes from the surrounding country side, if they got caught, their mentors would beat them, not for stealing, but for getting caught at stealing.

At some stage of their development their mentor would take the ward in their charge as a lover, and Spartan women were so hard pressed to seduce their husbands on their wedding nights they often had to dress up as men and spent several nights in the baracks trying to coax their new husband away from his fellow men.

The weren't just homosexual they were down right gay!

Believe me when I say, I doubt anyone made fun of them for it!

LOL This is another reason why I have no respect for the human race.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

Your father is right! That was my war and we all partied as hard as we could and still stay alive. As far as I am concerned, when you are in a war zone, if getting loaded on your off time makes life easier, lets you rest and kick back, then have at it. The key is not letting it effect your job and believe me, some of the boys could turn it on and fight like wild men when they were wired to the hilt. But it is the odd ball you have to worry about, the one that likes the pretty tracers.

Now if there was killin that was not justified, then that was a different matter. You cross a line, you add murder on your soul and you are not one of us. Good souls go to war too and just because they like to withdraw into a drug, drink themselves into a stupor, or smoke some weed and party, that does not mean they are good souls having to do a terrible job. Like any community, you have some bad people and when they do something, it reflects of the group and they need to be taken out. If you hold it in and cover for them, you take some of the bad karma on your own soul. It has tormented many a good man for most stay silent out of unit loyalty but it can eat them up over time. It is a hard position to be in for a good loyal honest man. I was a staff sargent in military security discharged in 1971 and saw a lot of good kids in that difficult position. This is a very sad story!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Not a good story for the people who want to ban "Don't ask, don't tell".

Think about it.

No, we've thought about that enough. About ten years ago there was a gay solider beat to death at Ft. Campbell. People need to grow up and that's the end of it. It's no secret there are gay and lesbian soldiers serving right now. Everyone who lives here is aware of it. Unless you are some kind of hard-up nutjob it doesn't seem to cause any problems.

My husband always put it this way "I'm shooting with them, not sleeping with them. I don't care.". Even my brazenly homophobic father didn't give a damn. Mature people don't bother themselves with what others do in the bedroom.

There is no excuse for the kind of violence displayed in the OP period.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Oh dear, a soldier got the crap knocked out of him for being a snitch. Thats just the way the world works. I think some people just need to mind there own business. I think he deserved what he got. IMO Something to live by, people that side with big mouth. "Snitches get stitch's"

[edit on 26-5-2010 by MrDaveLee]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MrDaveLee

Boy, you're a fine piece of humanity with such courage and support for what is right and good. Frankly, that is the talk of a coward, not a man a son would look up to or a father to be proud of! Don't you feel good about yourself!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I was in the military as well and believe me, if something was going on that was really bad I would have no problem ratting them out. Mind you, I had a friend that everyone lovingly referred to as "Needles" because we all knew he shot up. Didn't bother us in the least.

Now if Needles was facilitating a drug trade or killing people when he was hopped up on something, he would have been ratted out. Turns out that Needles was caught in the act stateside during a barracks inspection. Silly Needles. Not much anyone could have done for him.

Seeing as how this guy was beaten within an inch of his life tells me that whatever these people were doing, was really bad. I am perplexed though that no one else was involved or tried to help him. These bad guys may have been connected much farther up the chain of command. It could be that the military is not the same since I was in as well.

I remember returning from a deployment where we were told expressly not to consume alcohol. That was a direct challenge to me and my friends and we blatantly disregarded the order and trekked for miles until we found a liquor store. Someone ratted us out, or it could have been the way we staggered back who knows.

Anyway, I found myself guarding a quonset hut in the middle of nowhere with an M-16 and five blank cartridges. Oh well. At least I didn't get the snot beat out of me.

<< 1  2   >>

join