It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Soldier Beaten After Reporting Crimes

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by theability

No I sure couldn't imagine being 45 and going in to basic training. I was just about to turn 45 when they extended the age a few years ago and I got a real chuckle out of that.

There is an old saying among the brass-You can teach a 35 year old how to be a solider, but you sure as hell can't make him think he likes it. 18 year olds are better for that.

As for the OP, that was just disgusting thing to do. I hope those guys get a long prison sentence for that crap.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I know your family has a proud tradition of Military Service and a lot of decent and very well intentioned people do join and serve in the Military.

They are though often exposed to things and situations once there that aren't in my humble opinion always good for the nation or our soldiers.

This soldier in fact proves that some at the very least take pride in their principles and convictions and will stand on them and up for them at great risk.

The truth is though that a lot of things happen in the fog of war, and we might all be better served finding more peacable ways to settle our differences.

I suggest a pie bake off, with me as the judge of course, with the nation baking the best pies declared the winner!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

It's already done. One of the largest recruiting stations is actually in Mexico city.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by antonia]

Did you read the rest of my post or just snip it for your needs?

I also stated open it up for more of those waiting in Line.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca

Did you read the rest of my post or just snip it for your needs?

I also stated open it up for more of those waiting in Line.

There is no quota or red tape. I'm not sure what you are getting at but it's very easy for them to join the service period. There's no need to "open it up". It's already pretty wide open.

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by antonia

I suggest a pie bake off, with me as the judge of course, with the nation baking the best pies declared the winner!

You would be making that too easy for the U.S.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I was referring to making those knocking on the doors of immigration in to the united states. Expand the pool for the many more still waiting in line outside of the US. It is practiced to an extent, but a further review and expansion of said practices should easily fill that gap.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

reply to post by antonia

I was referring to making those knocking on the doors of immigration in to the united states. Expand the pool for the many more still waiting in line outside of the US. It is practiced to an extent, but a further review and expansion of said practices should easily fill that gap.

You don't wait in line to join the military. It's not like getting a visa. You walk your butt into the office. There are three things you must pass-a background check, a fat test and a drug test. If you pass those things you get in and go to basic. Your military ID is your "green" card. You pay nothing. There is no long line of people waiting to do it. Most people just don't want to join.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I didn't mention you have to wait in a line to join the military. Where did you get that from?

People who are waiting in the lines for Legal Immigration. Those are the ones I am referring to.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

This is what you said:

I would suggest other areas for recruitment, Allow those waiting in line to immigrate here an opportunity to serve for the country they want to become a citizen of. After a couple of tours, grant them & their immediate family the citizenship. I understand we already practice this to an extent but if we allow this channel to be opened up for the many more who are still knocking on the door of immigration, might be easier to cover that gap.

I was simply telling you what happens. There is no one waiting on immigration if they choose to join the military. Please don't sit there and try to make it something it wasn't because you just have to be right. If you don't understand how it works there's no serious problem with that. Most people don't know how it works.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I merely stated open the channels to join the millitary to those applying for residence and waiting in line for immigration. Of course there is no line for the military, the lack of the line is causing recruits to go for ex-cons.

The line about being right is not my issue.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

reply to post by antonia

I merely stated open the channels to join the millitary to those applying for residence and waiting in line for immigration.

Uh, they are already open and most people are told they can go that route when they apply.

But really enough, this isn't about immigration.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Its not, I stated earlier before this many unnecessary posts about how other channels can be expanded.

I think we are saying the same thing, just different point of view.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I fail to see what's new about this. Crap like this was going on in the 80's when I was in the military. Crap like this will still be going on 50 years from now. The military has the same problems as the civilian world, anybody who tells you different is full of it. It isn't because of this war or this incident, it happens all of the time. The main difference is that there is generally less of it, but it attracts more media attention.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Maybe you are failing to see the news in it, because you aren't looking for any news from it.

Lets see three civilian murders, allegations of involvement in drug related activity, and assault and attempted murder of a witness.

If this happened by a Muslim living next door to you, this would be big news.

But if we are really to believe multiple homicides, drug activity, attempted murder and witness tampering is not news, then by that same standard what would be news.

And if you are in fact associated with the military what does such a cavalier attitude in fact say?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I see why it is being considered news. It is just another attempt to slander the US military and create another forum for views on Afghanistan and Iraq. To me it is no different than a shooting that happened over the weekend in Pittsburgh. That too was about drugs. If there wasn't military involvement, this wouldn't even have been posted.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Join the army! Make friends! Do the right thing and you'll be rewarded!

I'm thinking that those army talking points are lies

But eh the government wouldn't lie to it's people, and certainly not to have cannon fodder uh?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Really Military dot Com exists to slander the Military?

Pretty odd considering it caters to the military and sells military gear, and military history books, and promotes pro-military causes.

So like police officers you would rather there be a thin green line that keeps anyone's crimes in the military from being punished or publicly known.

That your pro-military stance is more important than to maintain than truth?

That nothing not even the truth must be allowed to sully or bring into question the war effort you earn how much money off of yourself?

Some how you see these as legitimate stances, to protect a war effort by obscuring every crime and sordid detail of it, even those that step outside the Uniform Code of Justice maintained by the Military in order to portray the war as some glorious patriotic endeavor of the fatherland.

Got you!

Once again this cavalier attitude creates a strong case for those that do not condone murder, assault and witness tampering, and drug related activity.

Hopefully such attitudes are not prevelant inside the military.

[edit on 26/5/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Join the army! Make friends! Do the right thing and you'll be rewarded!

I'm thinking that those army talking points are lies

But eh the government wouldn't lie to it's people, and certainly not to have cannon fodder uh?

You are making Uncle Sam angry with this kind of talk!

When Uncle Sam gets angry he roles up his sleeves of his red, white and blue, stars and stripes outfit and puts on a scowl, and I think we all know what comes next...

Your village will be bombed, your family slaughtered in the very beds that they lie in, often even by members of ATS who will then later tell us, how this is all a good thing, that there is virtue in murder and destruction, and stop being anti-murder and destruction, because they have problems seeing something like pro-peace and pro-life as being pro anything.

Word games. Don't you just love them. Where you too are meant to be made to feel guilty for not wanting your nation to murder, and destroy people and property, for lies, money, oil, and drugs.

[edit on 26/5/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

That is a great post.

Usually people tell you how "you just talk about bad sides of war, while you hide all the good things!".

RED: I ask a question? Why'd you do it?
ANDY: I'm innocent, remember? Just like everybody else here.

We're all in the same boat here, and we're all innocent....

On topic, I am speechless at how the man handled those criminals. He did what he felt was right, no profit, no interest, just followed his heart... He's got some huevos grandes

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SassyCat

Every once in a while you to see a good guy step to the fore. Where they dropped on their heads as infants, did their mothers fail to breast feed them, where they kidnapped by space aliens and modified through medical and surgical experiments???

It's hard to say in this often indifferent, stick your head in the sand, any old excuse will really do world of ours.

But every once in a while some one does step forward to do the right thing, simply because its the right thing.

thanks for posting friend.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Not a good story for the people who want to ban "Don't ask, don't tell".

Think about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join