It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP me paint a global political picture!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I was just thinking: wouldn't it be awesome to get all the factual information that we have managed to archive on the current global political meltdown and put it all together to paint a (not pretty) picture. I was going to do this alone, then make a thread, but i figure there are people here who are far more familiar with the forums, and are more up-to-date on threads & whats actually true.

Heres the kind of thing i'm talking about. This i wrote up based on my memory of recent threads. But, feel free to build on it, change it, and add some not-so-gloomy things in there. I would love it for reference sake, to see if things unfold as linearly as they seem to be doing. Also, to inform friends and family without bringing conspiracy into the mix.

"NK/SK on the brink of war. Iran being surrounded by US troups. India, Turkey, china supporting Iran & NK, supplying with weaponry and troops, drawing a clear line in the sand. Israel sending reconisance jets all over the region, being fired at by AA batteries. Aid from 50 countries on the way to gaza, to charge Isreals blockade. They wont make it. Russia trading weapons with china, BP destroying the gulf, 2 tankers flooding waters off argentina with oil, and world markets crashing on fears of war."

If anyone has ever read the enders shadow series, i get that kind of feel from this site lately. Essentially, there exists online debate communities that can only be accessed by credible individuals. Through these communities, the protagonist, by emails from in-the-know people, troop movement reports, and mainstream news, is able to build a clear picture of how the war is bound to unfold. Kind of cool, if anyone has read it.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I think the elites are trying to drag us into a world war to further their de-population plan. The way to stop it is to say screw this system, let's find something that works!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
ahaha yeah, it is a good idea. However, political thinkers have been trying to come up with "a system that works" for... ever. It all comes down to human nature, and how to completely and universally satisfy it.

The most promising is a system of political relativism, where each country maintains its ideal political system. This completely global world is the wrong direction.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SPACEYstranger
ahaha yeah, it is a good idea. However, political thinkers have been trying to come up with "a system that works" for... ever. It all comes down to human nature, and how to completely and universally satisfy it.

The most promising is a system of political relativism, where each country maintains its ideal political system. This completely global world is the wrong direction.

The question is a system that works for who - the good of all people, or the good of a few?

And I agree, there's no second chances when you have a global society.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
this is why i love the communist manifesto and marx. after the revolution of the lower classes against capitalism, all things will eventually equalize. I still look forwards to marx's prophecy coming true.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPACEYstranger

I disagree. I think it is inevitable that a global system comes about, all we have seen over the course of human history shows the movement from small tribes to bigger ones i.e. country and continent wide systems.

The human race will make the leap into space at some point in its future and the Earth will eventually become one of many human inhabited planets - although the most revered. At that time globalised systems will seem normal. I do not think we are in any rush for it to happen but I do see it as inevitable and will be as normal as it is now for our countrywide political systems and as alien to us as our current government would be to a man from the stoneage.

I anticipate the systems will evolve and change over centuries with different styles and systems experiencing prominence for lengthy periods. Quite probably it will not be any form of system we can identify with now.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by spacedonk]

top topics

join