It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Reveals 'Fundamental Mistake' on Oil Well

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Does anyone else, who has been watching the cams and following this event, have a feeling that something really really bad is going to happen.

I mean big time. I can't help but feel that BP and our Gov't isn't telling us the complete truth and only come clean or forthcoming when it is almost too late or already is too late.

Now I am reading the fishermen hired by BP to aid in the clean up are getting sick. Why didn't they light the stuff off before it started hitting the shoreline-better than nothing-right?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Ah, guess I was correct. now I see that BP wasn't showing the main hole?

Has this been confirmed?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DogsDogsDogs

I don't know what is making the sea a red color.

All i know is that the water is turning red, oil in sea water kills animals, and the leak is still a problem.

The dispersant is likely not organic and is just adding to the disaster.

What dispersant are you talking about? As I have not heard of one being used.

I have heard of other organic products that do not harm animals to soak up the oil, but I do not know if it is being used.

I read in a previous thread on ATS that there was an investment in oil cleaning before the spill happened and the cleaners doing the cleaning is by the invested corporation.

With all the floating plastic in the ocean, it is said to be the size of a state or two, it could be recycled into some very useful plastics.

I am an innovator, I take the worst crap imaginable and try to recreate it into something useful for many people.

The oil spill can be managed before it is too late. Something can change for the better, but will it?

The poor shall suffer as food prices go up and the rich shall not care for money is no object to them.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

You're right.
The dispersant they've been (& still are?) using is Corexit. It is a petroleum product associated with Exxon & was used in the Valdez disaster. It is adding grave insult to injury, imo. I read yesterday that it is molecularly similar to antifreeze- which is incredibly toxic to animals by causing kidney failure. The EPA has been trying to get BP to stop using it & BP is defying them, last I heard. Having seen oil on beaches before, in person, it is brown- not red. (to clarify- certainly not in this quantity) So I am assuming that the reason this spill is looking red/ orange is the dispersant being sprayed aerially and injected at the leak site(s).
There are much less toxic & even organic means available, but they are being stymied in every possible way, it seems like.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I am an innovator, I take the worst crap imaginable and try to recreate it into something useful for many people.

Well good. Then you can start by thinking up what to do with about 500 miles of oil soaked beaches/marsh/wetlands and dead birds and animals. You'll be rich quick.

Actually, I think it is about time for the POTUS to call on an ideas from Ameicans (or anyone for that matter) citizens. Kinda of like being a troll on here/ATS could get some people to respond.

One thing for sure, Palin would be all over this and not sitting on her hands and/or playing basketball-going on vacations etc etc etc. yes, we sure got some change with this moron-for the worse.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DogsDogsDogs
The "mistakes" & "accidents" excuses aren't likely to last long.
From nola.com

www.nola.com...

Hearings: Chief mechanic details disagreement between BP, Transocean representatives on displacing mud

By David Hammer, The Times-Picayune
May 26, 2010, 10:55AM

"The chief mechanic on the Deepwater Horizon testified Wednesday that he was at a planning meeting 11 hours before the rig exploded at which the BP company man overruled drillers from rig owner Transocean and insisted on displacing protective drilling mud from the riser that connected the rig to the oil well.
"I recall a skirmish between the company man, the OIM (offshore installation manager), the tool-pusher and the driller," said Doug Brown, one of 115 rig workers who survived the April 20 disaster. "The driller was outlining what would be taking place, whereupon the company man stood up and said, 'No, we'll be having some changes to that.' It had to do with displacing the riser for later on. The OIM, tool-pusher and driller disagreed with that, but the company man said, 'Well, this is how it's gonna be,' and the tool-pusher, driller and OIM reluctantly agreed."

I was thinking by the time they did the failed test just before the failure it was probably already too late, so I was wondering about the real cause. This disagreement sounds like it could possibly be over what ultimately caused the problem.

The drilling mud is what keeps the pressure sealed in the hole, so the BP company guy must have been half crazy to want to displace it...this blowout may be the result. I'm not saying there weren't other contributing factors, but this could be the biggest main cause.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Okay well just give me a few days and i will think of something in my spare time.

For now though, there have recently been organisms created and can be programed for specific functions right?

Well lets get programing them so they can absorb oil and move along the beaches by themselves?

Perhaps to block the leaks, use a form of cement.

Those thoughts were just on my feet.

I have already helped the world in my own way and believe it or not it has effected you and about a few billion other people without realizing it.

I still have yet to receive any form of thanks from big government. I believe they are kicking and screaming over some ignorant non-sense that they like to perpetuate in their court systems.

Anyways my life is a major issue
but I like to think of a broader picture.

Like being able to eat salmon or tuna.

I think the issue is fairly large and doesn't effect me immediately, but it effects a-lot of others immediately, and will soon effect everyone economically.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

I like you zeal. Someone who always is thinking-I am sure.

I sure hope you, or someone, comes up with a quick way fast because I don't think the stuff they are trying now will work-probably make it worse.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DogsDogsDogs
The OIM, tool-pusher and driller disagreed with that, but the company man said, 'Well, this is how it's gonna be,' and the tool-pusher, driller and OIM reluctantly agreed."

NOW, that is so typical, huh? Company man, "earning" his most likely exorbitant pay by ignoring the experts. It stands to reason that he was just following orders too, though where do you think those orders came from?

You know the saying, excrement flows downhill. As true as it is, it is such an illogical statement. It all starts from the top. These executives who justify their salaries by their management "skill" are the number one reason why snafu's happen in the first place. Yet, when it blows up in their face, its irrelevant and the lowest common denominator is left holding the bag. In this case possibly half the northern hemisphere.

No worries though. How could they have known this could happen? Oh yeah, the three top men on the rig said no, so BP replies "I don't care, do it anyways". Ignoring the warning signs that were presented should equate criminal negligence. Of course that is just hearsay, and bad things happen to people who talk too much.

Thanks for the post dogs

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
S&F. The truth always seems to peek it's head out of nowhere.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by newBodyoldSoul

Yes, it does. This time, the truth will not set them free.

Heads are going to roll on this one!

Thank you for your post.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join