It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poland welcomes US soldiers, Patriot missiles! (Russia doesn't like this!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

MORAG, Poland — The Polish defense minister has welcomed the arrival of an American Patriot missile battery in Poland. He says the presence of U.S. soldiers and equipment strengthens his country's security and its relationship with the United States.

In this picture made available on Monday, May 24, 2010 a US Patriot missile is beiing transported on a cargo train as it arrives in Morag, northern Poland, Sunday, May 23, 2010.

Soldiers watch a US Patriot missile being unloaded in a Polish Army military unit in Morag, northern Poland, Monday, May 24, 2010. Scores of American soldiers and a battery of Patriot missiles have arrived in Poland, where they will spend the next two years teaching the Polish military to operate the advanced guided missile system at a base just miles from Russia.

Defense Minister Bogdan Klich also urged U.S. soldiers to respect Poland's laws and customs during the two-year training mission. He spoke at a welcome ceremony Wednesday at the base in Morag, which is 37 miles (60 kilometers) from the Russian border

Source: www.google.com...

Russia's response:

Moscow puzzled by Patriot missiles in Poland

Deployment of American Patriot missiles in Poland won’t help enhance security and won’t develop relations of mutual trust with Russia, according to the Russian Foreign Ministry. “We have repeatedly stated that we do not understand the logic and sense of cooperation between the United States and Poland in this sphere. We note with regret that our questions to the Polish and US sides have remained unanswered, as well as our arguments in favor of temporarily moving the deployment region as far away as possible from Russian borders,” a Foreign Ministry spokesman said. Manned by 100-150 American soldiers, a battery of US Patriot missiles will be stationed near the town of Morag, just 60 kilometers from the Russian border.

Source: english.ruvr.ru...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very interesting developement and/or follow though with the missiles to Poland-now. No wonder Russia a little itchy. I would be too and so would the USA if the facts were turned on them (us).

But, better to have them there and keep Russia honest-so to speak. A lot of important talks in the future as to the USA role(s) in that region. I have to give Obama's military advisors credit for sticking to the plan.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
your right there is def. a plan. cause russia is right, it makes NO SENSE what so ever if you take into affect everything they have said the reasons for it being there in the first place in public. makes no sense at all.. they know they are irking russia.. why are they doing it? whats the motives? obviously something the worlds public doesnt know about. it seems to me silly and war mongering again by the US.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
This after all of Poland's government and civilian leaders just died in that terrible plane accident.

Though this is only one Patriot missile battery, OK? Lets not get too bent outta shape.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It seems more political then military.

There really isn't enough missile batteries and troops to really make any real impact.

The politics however could be far more damaging between US/Russia then we think.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by susp3kt

I think you may not have read the whole article or misunderstood it.

The Unit is there to teach the Poles how to operate/maintain etc.

I am sure this is the first of many Patroit Units to come-to be owned and manned by Poland.

But, to Russia, it may as well be the USA.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I understood it fine.

For the time being there is only one system on Polish soil. When I see convoys of them arriving, then I'll start to worry.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
uhmm... in the end those things are built to destroy whatever they are aimed at... its a threat nothing more nothing less.
Its meant as a deterent for russia... but thats just MSM talking right?

whatever... any military buildup these days is just preparation for whats to come... anyone know that from the 2nd world war until a bit into the 90s weapon production was actually declining? (talking about the amount of money governments spent on weaponry in general) guess what... no more... LOTS of country's are arming themselves to the teeth... throw in a couple of fights like middle east and korea and all the politics involved and you've got yourself a nice stew of WORLD WAR 3 in the making? speculation offcourse... people just wanna be safe.... dont you see that?

[edit on 26-5-2010 by faceoff85]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
maybe Russia should put some S-300's in Canada or Mexico, just to see if the US likes it. tit for tat.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
This is GREAT, the gov should stop pushing other countrys? When will the USA go back to being the good guy again?

new topics

top topics

join