It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women are opressive.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
women are abusive, opressive and aggressive to men and children, first of all psychically. In the enviroment of truth they begin to act strange and hold no common sense anymore. Destructive as they act they fear none which is impossible. their sprouts will exagerate which will evolve in chaos. INSANITY all over the world. Insanity in the spectral realms or as has been foretold, the end of the structure of things.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
While Hindu stories talk of women who have become enlightened, they are very rare, more rare than men who are enlightened. The best story I heard was a woman saint who lived naked in the woods. When she was scolded for being naked, she replied that she sees no men in the area so she has no reason to be ashamed, implying that a true man is a yogi and not what we call the typical man.

With that said, both men and women have poor stereotypes associated with themselves. "Men" are supposedly rough neck, watch football and drink beer. "Women" are obsesses with fashion and men with money. The true definition of a human being is one who has realized their true nature.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

If woman are oppressive then men are also oppressive with a sprinkling of machismo thrown in because both are human. Man and woman are at times just as bad as each other because yup you guessed it, both are human and therefore fallible and driven by regressive material desires when the bigger picture is obscured.

That said, if I am oppressed by my woman then it is an exquisite oppression, a velvet enslavement that I am always going to be in favour of.

Now take this key and throw it away because I find these shackles rather comfortable.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I think it is human nature for some to be oppressive and controlling of others. For many, it stems from an unhappy childhood where these ideals have been moulded into them by their parents or guardians. Most women I have met do not fall into this category though, so I do I not agree with the title of this thread.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Well I guess you are having a Woman issue here what happen ?you got off a bad relationship or know somebody that did?

Well as a women and mother, yes we women have come a long way, it was no long time ago that we western women were oppressed, killed and taken for granted thanks to the laws of men and their views of women role.

Still is many women around the world due to their status as women that are still oppressed, killed and taken from granted and been born a female means to be bound to a male for life.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

This the same oppression that keeps women at 75 cents on the dollar doing the same job I do? This the same oppression that has kept women down for millenia? This the same oppression that keeps a woman thinking she has to stay 115 pounds with perfect breasts and fashion to get noticed by a guy?

Clearly all guys are not like this but look around you mate...the world is FULL of oppressed women be it direct and harsh or subconscious and equally harsh (yet appears duller). Since the dawn of time we have treated women (with some exceptions) as objects.

"Have our babies. Clean our house. Make my dinner. Oh also don't you dare talk back or think about voting or going to the workforce."

Sadly that little statement wasn't from long ago and some would like to be able to make it again.

Sorry friend...I know there are some bad bad examples of women out there but they don't exactly have a good history.

I really can't wait for a time when we stop labelling each other....not happening in my lifetime

-Kyo

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
And you wonder why you are single....

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I grew up with my father's choice in wives, which did real damage to my bias against women. This was problematic for me because, as a woman, bias against your own gender affects how you feel about yourself, too. I identified with men much more than women, all my friends were men. It took me most of my adult life so far to grow beyond that.

What I learned, eventually, is that we live in a world of poor culture and lousy nutrition. A lot of people are really messed up by this. A lot of individuals are trapped during childhood with parents, stepparents-etc. or teachers who have significant maturity problems at best and psychological ailments at worst. Add this to a number of other cultural and psyche problems that can encourage bias (especially in young people), as well.

You will continue to attract, see-only, and relive that kind of history and that personal bias until you can work through it and change those belief systems. There are people of both genders who are wonderful and who are lousy. Women can be nightmares; so can men. Women can be awesome; so can men.

It also sometimes helps to review just how radically our culture has changed in terms of women's rights. It wasn't very long ago at all that they couldn't even open a checking account, own a business, all kinds of stuff that is shocking to realize how fairly recent that is.

It also helps to understand that sometimes social and legal problems can cause bias against a group that is injust to apply to individuals. For example there are several laws that are injust to men in favor of women (particularly where things like children, divorce and rape are concerned) that sometimes make men very resentful of unfairness -- but these are issues of laws; not of individuals.

RC

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
do us a favor and add "American" to the front of the title. Then I'm on board.

They've always tried to either change or fix me.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

*Poetic* women bashing is worse than straightforward women bashing.
Wrapping sentiment in colorful, semantic verbiage... nothing more...
I feel sorry for you.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

The fact that there are not many surviving stories of women being enlightened does not necessarily mean that fewer women have been.

It might mean that. But it certainly is not a foregone conclusion. It could well be because no matter how enlightened a woman was, in many places she was property, and was married off and forced to bear children and clean and cook things, never educated, (and so left no writings) and not allowed to roam around teaching or philosophizing, and in doing so, become well known.

It was also long thought that women were by nature less intelligent than men, and not worth educating, but now that they are allowed access to education, actual performance is proving that not so.

It may turn out that the same is true of enlightenment.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

And for you, move out of Moms basement. The oppression will ease considerably.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I totally disagree with you.

You cant say that about 'all' women, its stupid.

Yes there is some really crap examples of women around, same goes for men.

:shk:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
What would you like to do about this... rid the world of women?

Oh and 'psychically', is that even a real word?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave their sprouts will exagerate which will evolve in chaos.

exaggerating sprouts will always evolve in chaos.

Stating the obvious here :shk:

And people will only oppress you if you allow them to. If you find yourself continually oppressed ask what you are gaining from it - look hard enough and you will find something that you don't want to give up.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
The girl I just got rid of (finally! ) was pretty oppressive, among a few other irritating qualities, but that's not a reasonable excuse for me to make blanket statements about women in general.

I'm sure there are some great women out there somewhere. I just seem to attract the crazies.

Point is: not all women are insane or oppressive or vindictive or any of the other negative characteristics commonly ascribed to the female of the species.

I hope...

TheAssoc.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Oppressive is as oppressive does.
Judgment is based on action, not gender.
One may even act oppressive in one situation, but not in others.
sounds like you just needed to vent about someone in particular.
Hope you feel better now.
And now, since I'm a woman..and in a certain mood..excuse me whilst I find somebody to oppress.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

Those Velvet shackles rock.
I could not have said it better.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Yaaah, tricked by a women. Tricks, false evil tricks it was. She just sat there not understanding herself.

I'm the best of friend you ever can have and she just tricked all the way down on me.

Some things you just don't want to know about me, she lurked psyche all out o me_ disatruous with her care.

so, anything else to say about it? she was just evil. Women are opressive, abusive and agressive. Btches

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

ACCES DENIED!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join