It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan draws plans to build research center on moon!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

The Japanese government plans to invest some 200 billion yen ($2.2 bln) on lunar research up to 2020, and will include robots operating on the moon's surface, according to the news agency.

Japan's strategy for exploring the moon's surface will be carried out in two phases. The first phase of sending a mobile robot to the moon is to be completed by 2015. The robot is to send video images of the surface as well as conduct seismographic research on the moon's composition.

The following five years, according to the program, the Japanese plan to build a scientific research center on the moon's South Pole in order to study the surface within a 100-kilometer radius. The station will be able to produce its own electricity and take surface samples. Some samples will then be sent back to Earth for further study.

Lunar projects were actively discussed under former Japanese Prime Minister Taro Aso's government and former U.S. President George Bush's administration. However, Barack Obama's administration has put more emphasis on exploring Mars. Under Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama's administration, Japan will continue its lunar research projects.
Japan is striving to secure its position on the moon before China and India, who are also interested in lunar research, are able to complete their programs.
Source: en.rian.ru...

Everybody wants to get to the moon-except the USA/NASA! hmmm. wonder why?

Well after watch Ancient Aliens/History Channel I understand there is a special substance on the Moon that has the ability to create amazing energy (I think it was Barium 3?). Anyway, one shuttle load can power all of the USA for a year-it was stated (Ancient Aliens 2010-segment 3, you can get all the segement at this post by ATS member True-seer: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well, the reason US isn't too worried about getting there is that we have probably been mining it already (along with the Russian-hence the international Space Station-aka-Mineral processing and storage transfer facility). We will have long gotten what we need and will be moving on towards Mars before they realize what has happened.

The darn shows can mess with ones heads. About as possible as any other theory floating about. (IMO)

On October 1, 2003, three organizations were merged to form the new JAXA: Japan's Institute of Space and Astronautical Science (or ISAS), the National Aerospace Laboratory of Japan (NAL), and Japan's National Space Development Agency (NASDA).

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I've never heard of barium 3. I think you are referring to helium 3.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Wonder if I can get a job up there?

Just thinking, even if I gotta work with robots , better the ones up there than the zombies down here.
Japan? job please, I'd go and grease your machines..

jra

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

As TortoiseKweek pointed out, it's Helium 3. However it's completely useless at this point in time. Helium 3 is a proposed fuel for second generation fusion power plants. There isn't even a working prototype yet, let alone a first generation fusion power plant.

So I don't think the US or Russia is mining it. And I don't know of any place on the ISS to process and store minerals. Plus, being an International station, it's not really the ideal place to host a secret operation.

But anyway, good for JAXA. I'm looking forward to seeing there future missions to the Moon. Hopefully they'll include HD cameras on these future missions. Completely useless scientifically speaking, but they're great for pretty pictures and videos.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jra

A man can dream, can't he? The whole mining secretely etc-I like it. I have to have something to believe in-other than UFO/Aliens.

The ISS. Why not-hiding in plain sight. The Gov't is pretty craft at that. Remember, you only see what they want you to see-via their access. And, it may not be the ISS itself but maybe they have another craft/station up there-unknown ... hmmm (Come on-this is a conspiracy website.....
).

As far the the Helium 3 and not use for it yet etc. Hmmm-just maybe at area 51? Do you know everything that is going on there? Do you know every device/item they are using there and what experiments/test are being conducted on every different craft?

How do you think they are powering all there D.U.M.B's around the world and the aliens (if you believe we are working with them)? Again, being on ATS has gotten to me.... lol

Yes, I am glad they are all heading up to the moon. The more the merrier. I am just afraid some night I will look up and see a big COKE or PEPSI image plastered across a full it moon!

new topics

top topics

join