It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infections link to bees decline

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Infections link to bees decline

news.bbc.co.uk

US researchers claim to have identified a new potential cause for Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD) in honeybees.

The disease is responsible for wiping out many beekeepers' entire colonies over the past few years.

Scientists from the US Department of Agriculture say the pathogens to blame are a fungus and a family of viruses.

The results of the study were presented at the 110th General Meeting of the American Society for Microbiology in San Diego, California.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I always believed that it was a combination of factors...

Let us hope that they have some really found the cause of this devastating phenomena!

However, let’s also hope that they don’t just think we can spray the bees with some anti fungal remedy and then carry on business as usual.

Farming and Bee keeping techniques have to change if we wish to sustain our food supply. WE need to start bending to natures will... rather than us trying to control nature!

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I don't really care what is killing them as long as it keeps up I said the same in a Bee thread yesterday then chanced across this one. We don't need bee's all they do is fly around and sting people.

Some idiot started an urban legend about us needing them to survive that is not true we do not need any insects on this planet all they do for us is sting and spread diseases.

We in fact should be pursuing a nationwide scheme to kill as many insects as possible there are many promising new technology's that would let us completely wipe them out once and for all.I've even read about star wars laser type weapons to shoot down mosquitoes

For everyone who screams about they are needed to spread pollen they are not pollen get's around fine on it's own in fact more than fine it gets absolutely everywhere just ask anyone with hayfever.

Whoever or whatever is killing the bee's keep it up.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by winterwarlock

Is this an attempt at satire or sarcasm?

Or, are you trolling?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster
reply to post by winterwarlock

Is this an attempt at satire or sarcasm?

Or, are you trolling?

You do know people die from being stung by these things don't you? We don't tolerate Tigers in our cities why should we tolerate bee's.

No sarcasm here I'd be glad to wipe them out and so would plenty of others. Sure keep some sealed in somewhere for honey but flying about everywhere no thanks.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Hes trolling.....
Is that you racking a slide with yer finger in the trigger?shame shame////

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Yeah it’s ok... I’ve just read some of his/her other posts and can see that he/she says things to shock, sound macho and provoke an emotional response... pretty silly really and not worth responding to... so i will ignore him/her

new topics

top topics

join