It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 & 11 Year Old Boys Convicted Of Rape, Despite Victim Admitting To Lying

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Done on a majority vote, what ever happened to proof beyond a shadow of a doubt. The 8 year old girl admitted to lying to her mother so she could still get sweets.

Very bizarre how this trial was run. You tell me your thoughts

www.sankakucomplex.com...

Two boys aged 10 and 11 have been convicted of attempted rape based solely on the accusations of an 8-year-old girl, despite the girl withdrawing her claims in court, and there being no physical evidence of any assault. Both children are to become registered sex offenders.

The boys, then both aged 10, were accused by an 8-year-old girl of taking to various locations in their London neighbourhood and raping her. The boys denied the accusations.

The incident came to light when the girl’s mother was told by another child that the boys were hurting the girl – she soon found her daughter with the boys in a nearby field.

When first questioning the girl, police had her tell them how the boys had pulled down her underwear and had their way with her. However, when questioned in court, the girl explicitly denied being raped and said she had lied to her mother about what had happened as she was worried about being a naughty girl and not getting any sweets.

The defence also pointed out that there was “no useful medical evidence, no DNA evidence and no forensic evidence; nothing” available to support the charges, save the girl’s accusations.

The court even made a crude show of attempting to make the proceedings intelligible to the children, with the judge and lawyers abandoning their ludicrous wigs and gowns for the occasion, and the court timetable being rearranged to resemble that of a primary school.

The defence appealed the common sense of the jury, suggesting the incident was nothing more than an innocent childhood game gone awry:

“What this case is about is not a serious crime. It is about children. There is a game called ‘You show me yours and I will show you mine’.

Maybe it went too far, maybe it went to touching, maybe they were doing something they had seen on television, maybe they were playing that age-old game, doctors and nurses.”
Unfortunately, the jury had none, voting 10 to 2 in favour of convicting both boys of two counts each of attempted rape. Sentencing is due in two months, during which time the boys have been released on bail.

They will also become registered sex offenders, although the judge lamely admitted he was “not quite sure” how that would work.

Video at this link.
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I guess we can thank Feminism for making the definition of rape so broad that 10 year-old males playing "I'll show mine if you show yours" can be charged. What's the irony? If a 10 year-old female was caught playing the same game with an 8 year-old male, it would not be considered rape and the female would not be forced to register as a Sex Offender. The whole situation would be seen as an innocent misunderstanding.

When it comes to stories involving sex or nudity, females are always the victims and males are always the aggressors. Talk about equality and fairness!

[edit on 26/5/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Wow, I really do not even know what to say about this.
It is a sad world we live in these days.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by MPad556]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
When I was that age I barely even knew what sex was. Thanks MSM for glorifying it in earlier TV timeslots!

I completely disagree with putting those boys on the sex offenders register. They're ten years old and officially branded because a game went wrong and the eight year lied for treats. I don't blame the children at all. Atthat age, judgement isn't something they really have when it comes to things like this.
The jury however, have apparantly not excersized ANY reasonable judgement on this case. Is this how sexually suspicious we are as a society today that we are willing to put ten year olds (who have done things that a majority of kids have done through curiosity) into the grinder? It's ludicrous!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
What the hell is the world coming to...what kind of system do we have if this sort of thing can happen? There was no evidence and she admitted to lying. The defendants lawyer must have been on drugs...

[edit on 26/5/10 by CHA0S]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Kids are growing up fast, i find it funny that ATS still thinks kids are innocents, that depends on which country the kids come from.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
you can thank degenerate parents with an intelligence way below the common sense for this kind of situations

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Doesn't surprise me the rape law's in the UK are a joke.

Convictions against rapists are pathetically low and blatantly innocent men often have the reputation destroyed (effectively for life) by false claims.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
In some countries you are not responsible for your actions under the age of seven, does anybody know what the age limit is in the UK. Just wonder in relation as too how young they would try to prosecute in a situation like this.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Kids are growing up fast, i find it funny that ATS still thinks kids are innocents, that depends on which country the kids come from.

The fact is, the little girl ADMITTED she was lying about the rape, she said she pulled her knickers down infront of the boys but didn't want her mum to find out because she knew she wouldnt get any sweets, so she told her they made her do it.

This is from her own mouth. Yet two young boys still get convicted of rape which will be with them for the rest of their life?.....

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Kids are not innocent in this day in age. I know parents will defend their kid, but if they can't see past their kid fallacies then they are a moron. I have seen kids pocket a delivery driver's tip and just give him the exact change. But this lawyer is a tard.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I'm totally amazed that the case was not thrown out of court the second the girl admitted she lied. Was there anyone there with an IQ above that of a chimpanzee? I think not! What I have seen recently in articles regarding the UK & US, the people need to place flower pots on thier heads. Both countries seem to be full of blooming idieits. Convicting a 10 & 11 year old for rape and it was an admitted lie is insanity.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

apart from the fact she admitted she lied about the entire thing so she didnt get in trouble for being outside and so she could still get sweets.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
This incident occured 1 mile from my house

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by influx.destruction
This incident occured 1 mile from my house

Well with there logic, that may make you an accessory.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
As crazy as it sounds, it happens. Our son when he was around 12 was accused of something similar by a younger girl, who was really just looking for attention from her mom.

As you can imagine, this kind of fibbing or fabricating such a serious crime is devastating. Fortunately, she quickly back-peddled her story and cleared his name before anything legal followed, police were involved. She simply made it all up. How a young mind even conjures such ideas is beyond me, but kids are smarter and more aware then we think.

Frightening thoughts to think about. Being accused for crimes you never commit. Especially a sex crime where you now are labeled a sex offender for life. Scary.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I'd say the vast majority of kids 'experiment' with each other at some point. It's not about sex or even sexual in nature, it's simple curiosity and perfectly natural. As for the story, sickening that they are still convicting him...that would be bad enough but put on a sexual offenders register!?
This could ruin the rest of his life because of a lie. Common sense has one out the window.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Solomons]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
I guess we can thank Feminism for making the definition of rape so broad that 10 year-old males playing "I'll show mine if you show yours" can be charged. What's the irony? If a 10 year-old female was caught playing the same game with an 8 year-old male, it would not be considered rape and the female would not be forced to register as a Sex Offender. The whole situation would be seen as an innocent misunderstanding.

When it comes to stories involving sex or nudity, females are always the victims and males are always the aggressors. Talk about equality and fairness!

[edit on 26/5/2010 by Dark Ghost]

Lawl at blaming feminism AND being starred for it. Perhaps maybe you should blame the feeble-minded jury? Or the judge for not throwing the case out of court?
Those boys shouldnt be on a sex offenders register. And the truth is, no one will ever know exactly what went on between those children. Maybe she was lying, maybe she changed her story out of fear? Who knows.
I'm sitting on the fence, and still laughing about blaming feminism.

Man: Arrgh gee'z i burnt my toast. This is all feminisms fault, if we were still stuck in the 50's i might have a wife to make my toast without it burning it!

[edit on 26-5-2010 by SearchLightsInc]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
Lawl at blaming feminism AND being starred for it. Perhaps maybe you should blame the feeble-minded jury? Or the judge for not throwing the case out of court?

Oh, the judge and jury are very much to the blame for this disgraceful outcome. The thing is that 20 years ago, something like this would not have even been brought to court. It makes you wonder how something so innocent 20 years ago can be turned into such a serious crime of today. Maybe it has something to do with the ever-broadening definition of rape according to the Feminist movement.

Those boys shouldnt be on a sex offenders register. And the truth is, no one will ever know exactly what went on between those children. Maybe she was lying, maybe she changed her story out of fear? Who knows.
I'm sitting on the fence, and still laughing about blaming feminism.

Considering there is no evidence to implicate the boys and the girl admitted to lying about what happened, it is surprising to learn they were found guilty. To make it even worse, they have been placed on a sex offenders registry and have had their names smeared for life. Pretty unjust isn't it? I wonder what ideology drives jurors to make such decisions?

[edit on 27/5/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

Oh, the judge and jury are very much to the blame for this disgraceful outcome. The thing is that 20 years ago, something like this would not have even been brought to court. It makes you wonder how something so innocent 20 years ago can be turned into such a serious crime of today. Maybe it has something to do with the ever-broadening definition of rape according to the Feminist movement.

Well, perhaps this is more to do with political correctness (Gone extreme and mad) but also i cant help feel that it has a little to do with controling people from an early age by trying to make them scared of the system?
I'm sure when Feminism was on the rise it was not to support cases like this and try and convict two pre-adolesont boys of rape (or attempted)

Considering there is no evidence to implicate the boys and the girl admitted to lying about what happened, it is surprising to learn they were found guilty. To make it even worse, they have been placed on a sex offenders registry and have had their names smeared for life. Pretty unjust isn't it? I wonder what ideology drives jurors to make such decisions?

Agreed. Cant they not appeal against the register? Its just ridiculous.

[edit on 27/5/2010 by Dark Ghost]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join