It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Questions for Chemtrailers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Before anyone gets on me about this being a troll thread, I will just explain the purpose. Its about time we gave the chemtrailers an oppurtunity to explain their point of view, and answer some of the questions that we have for them. I dont want anyone to come here and tell them they're crazy, and I also dont want anyone to come here and call us disinfo agents etc. Its all about denying ignorance by understanding both sides of the argument. Counter each other if possible or if its warranted, but please do not resort to petty name calling or off topic rants.

So, if anyone wants to participate, here are the questions. If you guys have any questions for us, please feel free to post. Its only fair that we are questioned too.

What knowledge do you have of upper air meteorology?

Is there any concrete evidence that shows that people, the environment, or fauna, have been affected by chemicals from chemtrails?

If you wanted to poison people, or undertake any other sinsister plot (ie spread biological agents), why would releasing something from thousands of feet up, be more effective than spiking drinking water , food, or anything else?

Some of you think that contrails can not persist or spread out. What is the reasoning behind this?

Why would chemicals be used for global warming or dimming control, when ice (what contrails consist of) does a good enough job anyway, and already has a high enough albedo, to reflect sunlight?

Why not spray at ground level, by disguising chemicals as insecticides?

Why is cloud seeding, a known scientific mehod of encouraging rainfall, confused with chemtrail activity? Do you know how cloud seeding works and why contrail development s related to it?

These are just a few of the questions I have, I will post more if I have any. Also please send us contrailers questions, so we can have a two sided discussion

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I don't really stand on either side of the fence but anyway...

Just because someone isn't a meteorologist or doesn't have all of the answers to your questions....

....doesn't mean the government isn't spraying something into the atmosphere for some purpose.

[edit on 26/5/10 by GobbledokTChipeater]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
What knowledge do you have of upper air meteorology?
Very little but you can find most basic metrology from Wiki online; meaning type the word in contrails in wiki and there you go.

Is there any concrete evidence that shows that people, the environment, or fauna, have been affected by chemicals from chemtrails?
Yes, some have gone to great lengths scientifically to prove there are some odd chemicals in the rain, one being very high amounts of barium. However, I personally know that based on what I’ve personally witnessed is that it will begin raining within 3 days of the spraying (see my profile to check my last chemtrail post) I don’t think ‘they’ are intentionally trying to poison anyone, but I now do believe they are desperately trying to stave off a serious draught of some sort.

If you wanted to poison people, or undertake any other sinister plot (ie spread biological agents), why would releasing something from thousands of feet up, be more effective than spiking drinking water , food, or anything else?
See my 2nd reply above

Some of you think that contrails can not persist or spread out. What is the reasoning behind this? Search Wiki for contrails... Contrails are ICE and melt... Chemtrails DO not melt.

Why would chemicals be used for global warming or dimming control, when ice (what contrails consist of) does a good enough job anyway, and already has a high enough albedo, to reflect sunlight?

Personally, I think ‘chemtrails’ and ‘cloud seeding’ are the same word now, but, I’ll let the jury decided on that one.

Your question is a very good one; and why would they do cloud seeding over the entire world (it seems, and I’ve seen in done even in remote areas as well) since your question is correct.

Why is that?

Why would ‘they’ conduct cloud seeding over major areas that don’t need it if nature/weather itself is supposed to be doing its job already?!!

Why do ‘they’ even have such tech as ‘cloud seeding’ if nature is doing it’s job anyways?? THAT my friend is something I’m definitely something I want to know!!! Part of it was invented to stave off farm lands that were in draught.

Why not spray at ground level, by disguising chemicals as insecticides? See my 2nd reply above.

Why is cloud seeding, a known scientific method of encouraging rainfall, confused with chemtrail activity? Do you know how cloud seeding works and why contrail development s related to it?

Well, since I’ve noticed about 5 yrs ago, the ‘odd’ contrails in the sky, most were well below that altitude level that would be called ‘contrail’.

That being said, and doing a little research on the net, I ‘kinda’ got swepted up in the whole ‘the gov is killing us, they’re trying to depopulate the masses, etc..” only because I didn’t do a little deeper research on ‘Cloud Seeding’ and 2nd, I’ve never see it conducted over major metropolitan areas, only farm areas for crops.

Since cloud seeding has been around for awhile, I think since around 70s(?) no one has hardly ever seen it activated over major cities. That is why I think there’s huge amount of hype.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by GobbledokTChipeater
Just because someone isn't a meteorologist or doesn't have all of the answers to your questions....

....doesn't mean the government isn't spraying something into the atmosphere for some purpose.

Im sorry, where exactly did I say that?

I simply posed a few questions I would like answered so I can see it from the other side.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Consider it an FYI then...

It certainly seems to be the way you are putting it across. Particularly because your first question is "What knowledge do you have of upper air meteorology?" when it is well known that you are a meteorologist.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by GobbledokTChipeater

Consider it an FYI then...

It certainly seems to be the way you are putting it across. Particularly because your first question is "What knowledge do you have of upper air meteorology?" when it is well known that you are a meteorologist.

Well I think its a valid point when people claim that chemtrails spread out and contrails dont. I was trying to get an understanding of what they know, or where they have obtained meteorological information from, to make that statement

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Why do you answer only 1/10 of his post?
Did the other 9/10"s not deserve an answer or you didn't have an answer?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129

Why do you answer only 1/10 of his post?
Did the other 9/10"s not deserve an answer or you didn't have an answer?

Ummmm

Who's post are you refering to? I havent yet begun to reply to Komodo's posts

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
For those of you living in Europe :
International Symposium Chemtrails in Gent Belgium on May 29

www.wacbelgium.be...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Thankyou for your replies

Originally posted by Komodo
Very little but you can find most basic metrology from Wiki online; meaning type the word in contrails in wiki and there you go.

Ok, thats fine, it seems you,ve tried to educate yourself

Yes, some have gone to great lengths scientifically to prove there are some odd chemicals in the rain, one being very high amounts of barium. However, I personally know that based on what I’ve personally witnessed is that it will begin raining within 3 days of the spraying (see my profile to check my last chemtrail post) I don’t think ‘they’ are intentionally trying to poison anyone, but I now do believe they are desperately trying to stave off a serious draught of some sort.

Can you please provide a link to that?

If you have correctly researched basic meteorology, you will have noticed that high clouds, such as cirrus, typically appear prior to wet weather. It is also a well known fact that contrails are an indication that wet weather is on the way. The upper levels of the troposphere always moisten before the lower levels bring in the actual rain. Amatuer forecasters have been using contrail persistence as a tool for years

Search Wiki for contrails... Contrails are ICE and melt... Chemtrails DO not melt.

No contrails do not melt. As you have said, contrails are formed of ice. When a jet engine forces water vapour into an environemtn where the temperature is at least -35 degrees celsius, the water instantly freezes. Because the temperature is well below freezing point the environment is able to sustain contrails. So, no, they certainly do not melt.

If your above statement were true, then cirrus clouds (wiki it) wouldnt be able to exist at all!

Personally, I think ‘chemtrails’ and ‘cloud seeding’ are the same word now, but, I’ll let the jury decided on that one.

Thats fair enough, but its a well known fact that cloud seeding occurs at a much lower level than contrails occur. Clouds that bare rain rarely exceed a base height of 15 or 16,000ft. Plane cruising altitude is at 25,000 to 40,000ft.

Your question is a very good one; and why would they do cloud seeding over the entire world (it seems, and I’ve seen in done even in remote areas as well) since your question is correct.

Why is that?

Well its not as abundant as people think. Its certainly been trialed here in Australia, and China and Russia have also done quite a bit. Its not done that much because the results are quite ambiguous

Why would ‘they’ conduct cloud seeding over major areas that don’t need it if nature/weather itself is supposed to be doing its job already?!!

See above

Why do ‘they’ even have such tech as ‘cloud seeding’ if nature is doing it’s job anyways?? THAT my friend is something I’m definitely something I want to know!!! Part of it was invented to stave off farm lands that were in draught.

Maybe in some areas, nature is not doing its job, or averages are different to what they previously have been. In all that, there is no similarities between cloud seeding and the chemtrail theory, because they occur at different altitudes

Well, since I’ve noticed about 5 yrs ago, the ‘odd’ contrails in the sky, most were well below that altitude level that would be called ‘contrail’.

That being said, and doing a little research on the net, I ‘kinda’ got swepted up in the whole ‘the gov is killing us, they’re trying to depopulate the masses, etc..” only because I didn’t do a little deeper research on ‘Cloud Seeding’ and 2nd, I’ve never see it conducted over major metropolitan areas, only farm areas for crops.

Since cloud seeding has been around for awhile, I think since around 70s(?) no one has hardly ever seen it activated over major cities. That is why I think there’s huge amount of hype.

Ok, fair enough

Thanks for the reply

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

OH!!! I thought you were really intrested why some of us do think it's chemtrails.. Hmm.. yea.. I just got punked/Trolled.. yea.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Komodo]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Today while listening to the radio, I heard (for the first time ever) any MSM talk about the so called Chemtrails. They didn't call them Chemtrails though, but Aerosol spraying to prevent global warming.
As the OP wrote, why would you choose to poison people from that kind of altitude. If anybody have ever watched any of these ''prolonged contrails'' (the way I see them), you would notice that they tend to spread out as the Aerosol is being sprayed. This opens up two questions in my mind:
1st. If you wanted to poison people, why choose a chemical that would show itself like these ''prolonged contrails'' do? Why not use a bacterial solution instead of something people would be able to see?
2nd. How would the people behind these sprayings be able to get the planes modified without some sort of leak? I mean, come on. There are thousands of planes and modifying all of them would require some major personnal. Even if its done a single plane at a time. And why aren't the pilots questioning these ''prolonged contrails''? Maybe because they know what it really is? Aerosol, as the media claims.

Now I have never really believed in global warming, and I really think that it is all a scam to earn money, but could this be just another trick to make us believe in global warming?
Having had a look at some different contrails, I came up with a theory about these things. Could it be, that the ''normal'' contrails that we see, and the Chemtrails that some claim they are, are simply ice crystals released from the exhaust in different altitudes? A ''normal'' contrail could be exhaust gas that is released in a much lower altitude, and then vaporizing much quicker due to the lack of altitude, and the ''Chemtrails'' could be the same thing, but from a much higher altitude were the temperature is much lower, causing the ice crystals to remain airbourne for longer?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

OH!!! I thought you were really intrested why some of us do think it's chemtrails.. Hmm.. yea.. I just got punked/Trolled.. yea.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Komodo]

Huh?

I was....thats why I started the thread. I guess you didnt exactly read the detailed parts of the opening post.

How exactly did I "punked' you?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
OMG!! They have been chemtrailing since WWII!!!

NOT!!!!

Look at this video, to the "Chemtrailers" these same contrails today are nefarious agents being sprayed to kill us, engineer the atmosphere, etc. , Problem is, in this video, they are coming off Prop driven WWII B-17 Bombers. Undeniable evidence that "chemtrails" are CONTRAILS, but I know, this won't persuade anyone who wants to think differently.

Essentially, the condensation from the planes exhaust creates clouds. Depending on the conditions, they dissipate quickly or stay somewhat intact for varying amounts of time, just like "natural" clouds. "Natural clouds" are always changing size shape, dissipating, growing, all based on atmospheric conditions. When you see contrails, once the source of condensation (planes engines) passes, if the atmosphere is dry, they dissipate. If it is moist, they linger.

Have they ever attempted any kind of upper atmosphere spraying for whatever reason, probably. Are they doing it on a regular basis, 99.99% chance of NO!

[edit on 26-5-2010 by I_am_Spartacus]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The only questions I have for those who believe they see chemtrails in the skies is:

1) On what basis do you refute the long standing meteorological explanation for what you are seeing?

2) In what ways does your theory provide a better explanation for visual and other observations?

Avoid using non sequiturs as much as possible

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Chemtrails have entered the realm of urban legend, modern mythology.
"Alternative" views contain a LOT of fiction. Makes it more dramatic.
I'm reminded of one summer evening outside a restaurant here in LA, an earnest middle age woman is explaining, while pointing at the sky, about "chemtrails' to her family.
"See", she says", the wide ones are chemtrails, the narrow ones are just contrails".
Never mind that she's pointing at the normal south to north, north to south air route! I've flown it a zillion times. You can SEE it everyday! You can see airplanes leave Burbank, gain altitude, then, depending on conditions, leave contrails.
Ms Alternative is oblivious to the fact that she's seeing planes fly in two opposing directions, gee, maybe they fly at different altitudes? So they don't collide? And maybe temperatures and winds are different at differing altitudes? Ya THINK?
But nooo, she continues to "inform" her poor family.
Stop looking for such melodrama folks, plenty of real stuff happens in life. Don't miss it because you are so wrapped up in fictional internet BS!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Boy, for someone who seems to think they've got a handle on the "science"....(?)

Search Wiki for contrails... Contrails are ICE and melt... Chemtrails DO not melt.

Correct, the first bit...contrails ARE made of ice crystals.

BUT...why would you think they "melt"???

What would make them melt? Normally?

Yes...an air temperature above freezing, yes? (Above 0 degrees C, or 32 degrees F)

NOW....please provide evidence and links showing atmospheric temperatures, at and ABOVE 25,000 feet MSL, when the air EVER gets above freezing! Please, we will wait....

While you're doing that, why not go ahead and explain cirrus clouds, too.

Desribe the mechanism by which they form naturally, and explain WHY they can persist for quite some time, growing, ebbing, changing...growing some more, or moving off, carried by the upper-level wind patterns...

Contrails are no different....

UNTIL people get beyond this internet hoax concept from the 1990s ("chemtrails") this nonsense is just going to keep festering, and destroying people's ability to reason...it's like arguing that the World is flat....utter ignorance.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Oz your next thread should be "I'm a meteorologist and you're not: Why chemtrails don't exist".

Once again: Just because somebody cannot explain the whole theory, and just because someone isn't a meteorologist, doesn't mean something isn't being sprayed into the atmosphere.

Attacking the people who believe these theories, simply because they don't know as much as you, is using a straw man approach

If you really wanted to get the other side of the story so you know where 'chemtrailers' are coming from, then use the search feature, there is no shortage of threads on ATS.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GobbledokTChipeater

Once again: Im not attacking anyone, Im merely asking questions and providing rebuttals if necessary. Dont you have better things to do than come on here and accuse me of attacking people?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
reply to post by GobbledokTChipeater

Once again: Im not attacking anyone, Im merely asking questions and providing rebuttals if necessary.

The whole reason this thread was started was to attack a point of view and the people who believe that point of view. However you misrepresented yourself and said you want to learn more about the opposing side.

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Dont you have better things to do than come on here and accuse me of attacking people?

Nope. Sickday. I should have been at work an hour ago

top topics

join