It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First human infected with computer virus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
That means we're just one step closer to Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex, where everyone has a cyberbrain implanted into them, and any hacker that can get past your firewalls can hack any part of your body or implement a virus. We're all DOOMED, I tell you, DOOOOOOMED.

Or maybe not.

Good show btw, you should check it out

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
look at cars now, all new cars have crazy ECUs and CAN (controller area networker) systems, in a few years its going to be easier to steal a car by hacking it using wireless, and in many years, it seems that we are going to be able to hack humans once this RFID chip advances in technology.
dun dun duuuuhhhh!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I am disappointed that this thread has not been declared a hoax, the man did not have a computer virus nor did he infect himself with one. That is just not possible. Just someone seeking their fifteen minutes of fame. MSN and BBC need to invest in more knowledgeable editors. He and his colleagues created a malicious code for the chip. When the lab's sensors read the code, the code inserted itself into the building computer database that governs who has access to the premises.

"The virus replicates itself through the database and potentially could copy itself onto the access cards that people use," Gasson said.

The experiment showed that implants which wirelessly communicate with other computers can infect them and vice versa.

Gasson said he knows of no instances to date of bionic devices having been contaminated by computer viruses. But the threat will grow with the number and complexity of these devices.

By his own admission He and his colleagues created and released the dangerous and self-replicating virus he is warning us about. How smart is that?

[edit on 103131p://pm3103 by debris765nju]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Most of the people replying to this are miss-understanding the whole thing. The computer virus would not effect the person having the implant but would pass alone the virus to every device that interfaces with the infected implant turning the person into a Typhoid Mary.

en.wikipedia.org...

This is the same a having a bluetooth cell phone that is infected and carrying it around. It would infect any thing that interfaced with it. What he is trying to show is there is a treat on down the road for implants. He is just thinking ahead.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

The man stated he was the first human infected with a computer virus, that was a lie. Purposely installing a malicious self replicating virus on a university computer is criminal, the entire system will need to be removed and destroyed or his malware could conceivably be showing up on our computers. They are called virus for a reason. Hackers are sent ..to prison and denied access to computers. What this foolish person did could endanger everyones way of life.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Xilvius

This just doesn't seem to be anything big or even remotely important. Also You'd have to see how the equipment is made. Certain viral programs can only run on certain operating systems. Since the most majorly used OS is Windows, 90% of all viral content on the web requires shell files( or .dll's) to run off off. I can't see and RFID or any sister hardware using software that would be so easily obtained for coding viral bluetooth software. Then there is the matter of uploading the virus into the device, which again, I don't see happening.

I would have to agree withour friend here....im an i.t. professional and the implications of this are very small and really dont mean anything...the only "virus" that he would have been able to pick up would be a virus that shuts the chip down, or causes it to no longer function, with implants like this there is no transfer of data just signalsso there would be no transfer of virus from implant to nay other device, i admit it is pretty funny that he fudged up his own implant...maybe he did it on purpose?? but to be a big deal it has to be an implant that would not only send signals but data packest or handshakes to other recievers to effectivly disrupt other systems...interseting to see where tech will lead...hopefully there wil be a good anti-vir lol lol lol

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

<< 1   >>

join