It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N Korea Claims Ability to Hit Continental US With Nukes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 07:02 PM
link   
North Korean spokesman claims NK has ability to hit anywhere in the continentual US with nuclear missles, and that NK is beginning nuclear warhead production....

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 12:47 AM
link   
www.adn.com...

Additional story on N Korean missile landing around Alaska

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 05:08 AM
link   
And what about the US ABM shield ?

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I have serious doubts about the effectiveness of at least the portion of the ABM system that they have made public. I believe it is little more than a technology demonstrator, and likely is just a financial cover up for larger black projects.

Now, I certainly believe we have a far greater and more reliable AMB defense system with HAARP. It has the ability, at the very least, to totally wipe out a missles flight electronics in mid air, and there is good evidence that it can cause severe structural failure to a missle airframe, making it land in the ocean somewhere.

Look what it did to Columbia.....

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
And what about the US ABM shield ?

Come on UP, we both know this is a play, a musical without music.

Everything is planned, if NK fires nukes it was planned, if ABM fails -- it was also planned.

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 09:49 AM
link   
My feeling is, this is just what they say it is: a claim. First off, a buncha commies with nukes is a bad combo, why doesn't Bush see this. Secondly, they don't thave the technology. They might be able to hit Hawaii(which is US) but not continental. And of course, if they attack us in any form, the'y be wiped off the face of God's green Earth... All our crap in the Gulf'd be fitted with bombs and we'd just annihilate Pyongyang and the rest of the country... We might even nuke them if they nuke us. This means that they'd be too scared to attack us or our allies cause we'd do what was stated above to them.

Signing off,
HLW

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 09:52 AM
link   
High Lord Warrior,

What you say is mainly true.... if you look at the facts, it would seem suicidal for the N Koreans to go stomping on our toes like that, but that is exactly what they are doing. THEY have to know that if they hit us, its on, and we have a MUCH bigger stick than they do...

The only conclusion I can draw is that they have SOME kind of ace up thier sleeves... and that they are being so gung ho about facing off with us means they think its big enough to cause us serious damage (which may well be true)

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 09:53 AM
link   
High Lord Warrior,

What you say is mainly true.... if you look at the facts, it would seem suicidal for the N Koreans to go stomping on our toes like that, but that is exactly what they are doing. THEY have to know that if they hit us, its on, and we have a MUCH bigger stick than they do...

The only conclusion I can draw is that they have SOME kind of ace up thier sleeves... and that they are being so gung ho about facing off with us means they think its big enough to cause us serious damage (which may well be true)

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 09:53 AM
link   
cancelled, my plans to go anywhere where there is a lot of people. canceeled, my plans to get on-base housing.

at present the threat is 50-50, north korea hasn't any chance yet to test a missle that far, and if any missle was fired over the US, it would most likely be interpreted as an act of war. if north korea begins production on nukes, and we do little about it, then kim jong il will become a modern day hitler, with really really big artillery. we all know that north korea is a threat bigger than iraq and maybe even al qaeda, but we're using iraq as a message, to let the north we don't play.

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I tend to agree with your belief about North Korea's bravado towards the U.S.

Any tiny nation like that would be completely illogical to provoke the world's greatest superpower - yet, that's exactly what Kim's doing. He seems puffed up with some secret belief (possible knowledge) that he has an edge here. What the ace is he believes he's holding, I can't even venture a guess. This whole scenario is so unbelievable that it boggles my imagination. What on earth does that little runt have on his mind?

Hey, who knows, maybe Kim's the one to have captured a UFO?

Still wondering,
Deep

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 02:32 PM
link   
NK's dear leader is acting like a 'cowboy'

But, it's very scary to think NK has nukes and missiles. Even if they can't strike us they could do a great deal of damage elsewhere.

And the UN is doing what about this crisis?

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
i heard if sacantions were taken against n/k it wouldbe declared an act of war

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
High Lord Warrior,

maybe.... maybe not just once ace, but two, or three, or four, or...

The thing is, they'd be up against the entire free world. Even if everyone hates us, the people all over the planet would realize "hey the can nuke us" and muster what military force they have to go attack. I'm not denying that they may have one last trick(or maybe they see bush as being as big of a dumbarse as I do) up their sleeves. But even so, would it work against every single self preserving nation out there? Probabaly not. They'd need to have a whole friggen lotta weapons and tricks to be able to. So, the way I see it, they nuke us, or China, or whatever, the world attack them , they get killed, and then there is a massive struggle for Western democratic supremacy. In other words, there'd be a big war over who gets to set up camp there; us or China. That's just the way it goes. Unfortunately.

Signing off,
HLW

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The interesting thing about ABM is you simply switch the conventional warhead with and atomic one. When an ICBM is launched you target it with the AABM and fire.

In this scenario the AABM does not have to actually hit the ICBM but simply get in its way. The AABM when in range then detonates, the ICBM then enters the fireball and is atomized.

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   
North Korea directly threatens New York and Chicago....

www.smh.com.au...

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 12:58 AM
link   
...this struck me as a touch rum.
I've expressed my doubts about the "reality" of any NK threat or any commitment by the US to action. This does seem to support such a perspective.
www.boston.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Cant get to this source... any way you could copy and paste the contents? Very interested in reading it...

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Dear DragonR., the board is having one of its occasional problems with longer links. As we tend to try to avoid direct copying: could you bear with cutting and pasting the link yourself into the address bar?

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I attempted to do so, but was unsuccessful. If anyone has another link to this site, please post it, am very interested in reading it.

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 02:03 AM
link   
it was Friday's edition and it's already been archived; so I've gone against the grain and I'll paste it -after editing:

"The Bush administration has not suspended or revoked the authority of Westinghouse Co. to transfer documents related to nuclear technology to North Korea........ US Department of Energy documents show.
Department of Energy documents released yesterday to Representative Edward J. Markey, Democrat of Malden, indicate that the Bush administration quietly worked under that agreement and rejected a chance to repudiate it in May 2001, when the Department of Energy extended for five more years the authority for Westinghouse to transfer nuclear technology ....Former secretary of state James A. Baker III and Senator John S. McCain, Republican of Arizona, have been strongly critical of the Clinton administration's handling of the issue in 1994.
Baker wrote that the agreement, under which the United States would also provide North Korea with two new nuclear reactors that would be used for nonmilitary purposes, was ''a mistake that has made stability on the Korean Peninsula less, not more, likely.''
McCain wrote that ''the Clinton administration's lack of credibility in dealing with North Korea emboldened the regime to defy America.''
McCain did not fault Bush .... a source in McCain's office, speaking on condition of anonymity, said: ''The overwhelming responsibility lays at the doorstep at the Clinton administration.''
Markey, however, said the Republicans were trying to have it both ways....Markey prodded the Bush administration to provide specific information on what nuclear technology transfers had been approved. Energy Secretary Spencer Abraham, responding on March 4 to a letter ... sent to him on Oct. 22, told (Markey)... that more than 3,000 nuclear-related documents have been reviewed .. and... 300 documents have been transferred to NK.... The department did not say when "

that I think is not a breach of any possible copyright.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join