It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

merry go round of dates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Why do we always have this end of the world stuff in our society, I mean the first hundred times or so it was funny but personally the jokes wearing thin now.

www.bible.ca...

if you think there's any chance of doomsday in 2012, weather by solar forces or anything else take a look at the above link and please tell me why I should believe you any more than all these other claims to Armageddon?

After 2012 there will be a new date and another and another, please can at least a few people learn from history.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
The next date is here and it is made by scientists. I guess people would believe a scientist over a prophet. But wait there is that global warming and people believed al gore.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Its not so much, idea that the world could end,
nukes, asteroids, terminal stupidity all valid reasons for arguing the end.

What really gets me is the obsession with dates and as soon as the date passes, the believers latch onto a new date!

Seriously they must have been doing this for as long as there've been humans.

Do you think 7000 -8000 years ago there were men wondering around with “The end is Nigh!!!” sandwich boards. I'm starting to think there probably were

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkofmimir
Its not so much, idea that the world could end,
nukes, asteroids, terminal stupidity all valid reasons for arguing the end.

What really gets me is the obsession with dates and as soon as the date passes, the believers latch onto a new date!

Seriously they must have been doing this for as long as there've been humans.

Do you think 7000 -8000 years ago there were men wondering around with “The end is Nigh!!!” sandwich boards. I'm starting to think there probably were

well I believe history repeats itself so I wouldn't doubt that.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Well it makes you feel special for one. You are one of the happy few to experience the end of an era, so enjoy. If something will happen in 2012? probably yes, so it does in every year, the problem is with the people themselves, If the interperted a "happening" as the start of a total collapse of society, they will go nuts, for several reasons, and by going nuts, they will enforce a collapse themselves.
If something seriously will happen, we screwed either way. If the focus of society will be pointed at "-The End-" , it is hard to work "together" to survive and ultimatly reconstruct society. Having that in mind, it is good to have knowledge spresd through society, the what if scenarios, just in case you might need it.

I'm just wondering what your first 100 encounters with possible Armageddon were? Personally I experienced 2012 as pretty constant in discussions during last decades. It is just another argument to my to live life not only with "planning of" or "preparing for" the future, but also enjoying it now.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

I was referring to this link

www.bible.ca...

which lists hundreds of false Armageddon.

People getting hoaxed can be funny, but people falling for the same trick every few years for over 2000 years is just getting repetitive.

I mean imagine there was some alien sitting in a UFO above earth watching history unfold.
We've already got enough to be embarrassed at what with the wars and the oil spills, there's no need to add insult to injury and spend all of human history believing we are going to die in a few years for no other reason than, a strange nihilistic self doubt.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

People getting hoaxed can be funny, but people falling for the same trick every few years for over 2000 years is just getting repetitive.

Well isn't that just life? That statement can be used on allmost everything in society. Ok there is some progression but in social behaviour? that is what this statement is refererring to:

"...for no other reason than, a strange nihilistic self doubt."

With social behaviour, if you can belief the written history it has had ups and downs
but a true progression didn't happen in a long time. It shows for a scream of change, a true change, see it as a restart of society, we learn from our mistakes, but have a nicely restructured planet to start from scratch, all our own created problems solved. But eey that is just me being daydreaming again.

new topics

top topics

join