It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bubble earth, are we alone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
ive always been known as an instigator, nothing better then whirling people up and getting all our minds thinking abstractly so here it goes.

The concept of a bubble earth, and what i mean is what if we are truely alone! what if there are not ghosts, demons, angels and even though im not atheist, lets put it in there, no god. what if we just go black when we die, no after life etc. now lets go even deeper, what if there is no alien life! no UFOs, no ETs, no colors (grey blue whatever) no lizards, or life is so far and distant etc that we can not even contact eachother, or just no alien life at all, not even bacteria on mars. nothing out there to contact us. now lets go even deeper! what if it is physically impossible to leave the earth, maybe at very best we can quickly visit mars at our civilization's peak, plant a flag, but even then maybe not. what if we cant develop the technology to sustain ourselves in space and planets with diffrent gravity forces, in other words we start to die from being in space to long, and those that dont die are completely decrepid to the point where staying out in space is pointless and impossible.

i thought about this thinking about how people always seem to believe in something else even when there is no proof of it. if you dont believe in god youll still believe in ghosts, or aliens or something else to keep your company. lets face it humanity might be really afraid deep down inside that we might be alone! so let the debate begin what do you think?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jakemil

Well that COULD be true, but by simply extrapolating from our surroundings we can deduce that it is likely that there is something behind the curtain and likely something out in space IF there are planets like our own. Its a matter of probability. People thought there was a God from the start, not out of ignorance, but because it is intuitive...we can create things and think about our thinking therefore, there must be a creator of all this or some intelligent driving factor. It is rational and the deeper we look, the complexity of the system of reality is staggering. Those that argue against an intelligent force or being just have a problem with a God and will set up a christian straw man to knockdown without ever addressing the obviousness and rational conclusion that things look a little TOO right...and then they whip out the multiverse theory telling you that you're just lucky to be conscious in this universe and not the purple dragon one where big purple dragons swallow planets.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

dont get me wrong either, personally i do believe in god and i do believe in extra terrestrial life. also with technological development at the pace it is today it would be hard for what i say to hold true, but then again there are caps in technology as well and we could hit modern version of the dark ages. what if there are aliens and our max colonization is 5 local solar systems for the next 3000 years or 10000 years, what if technology stagnates after a singularity limiting our ability to move forward, its happened a couple of times in our history before

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jakemil

Yes indeed...you know, the vastness of space could be intentional and yes, unhindered space travel is very unlikely. I believe it will be hundreds, if not thousands of year until we overcome the speed of light and other issues with interstellar travel.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
In a infinite universe there are infinite possibilities.

What if the God you believe in along with the intelligent extraterrestrial life you believe in turn out to be one in the same?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
In my own personal opinion i hope that when i die there is something after, although i am an atheist i do not believe in golden gates with all my past relatives and friends waiting for me on the other side that have to passed. However, the universe wastes nothing and if it is just black and there is nothing after i die i am fine with that because i lived my life and i had my experiences the idea of living forever whether it be in a human form or a spirit form sounds like hell by its self.

I believe that you can be a good person and do the right things without making yourself the servant of a higher being or power. Its like a crutch you lean on it when your unsure or afraid to question the fact. Believers don't question their faith because it is what they believe and what is the point to question it?

My question is what is wrong with questioning something that in its self is more than or equal as extreme as saying aliens created us or that there is not a super spiritual power that created everything we can see and fill?

Science is ever growing faster and faster with proof of how things that most of us do or not know and they can replicate these results and we can see these things happen before our eyes. Horrible tragedies have happened all throughout the time of man and in no way has "god" ever stepped in or even shown himself .. No one has pictures of "god" that they take out and go hey this is me and "god" just hanging out! The believers just say "You got to have faith and nothing else will matter"

All i am trying to say is i am one to believe in things that i can see with my own eyes or things that can be backed up by evidence to support it. I don't think there is anything wrong with questioning things i do not understand and when someone cant provide solid evidence to me i will continue to question it.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jakemil

What a scary reality you're creating!

Im steering away from this possibility

My buddy thinks this way. He's experienced a hard blow to
the chin from some dude when he wasn't looking and was
knocked out for the first time. He now thinks that thats how it
will be when he dies.

Whats funny as crap... he told me one of his lifeslong secret...
He had a real "Out of Body Experience!"

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGiantPeach4

The brain is a powerful thing and to think we use but a tiny tiny tiny fraction of it scares me because it makes me think of the possibilities if we used even 50% of our brains.

Think of an outer body experience like people who claim they have the ability called "Remote Viewing" if the you went through something traumatic and your brain went into super overdrive on instinct it is a plausible explanation for an outer body experience.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Exalted321]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
The OP has bitten off a lot to chew with this thread...lumping in Aliens on one hand and religion on the other gives too many bewildering possibilities...but I kind of know what the OP is getting at, even so.

Personally, I hope there is nothing after death. Nothingness would be nice. 80-plus years of this "consciousness" stuff, with all its aches, pains, and adrenaline rushes, is more than any sane being should be asked to take.

As for alien life, given the vastness of the universe I think its more than likely. But that same vastness makes it hard to conceive of us contacting others any time soon...at least in the physical (i.e., non-metaphysical) realm.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
IF that is true, which I am inclined to doubt, then I honestly feel sorry for humanity.

Although IF that's the case and IF the human race survives and keeps on advancing, I think we'll create most of those things anyway.

I heard a theory for the creation of the universe once, which this reminds me of.

If when the universe finally winds down humanity (or more exactly its descendants) have continued to advance for those billions of billions of years, it seems plausible the may have complete or near complete control over time and space, so maybe these end of timers used/will use/are using (gets confusing when talking about time manipulation) there knowledge and powers to create the big bang and form the universe.
A never ending loop of time and space

not sure how likely it is but I always thought that was a very beautiful theory.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
This reminds me a bit of Easter Island.

Easter Island is the supposedly most remote inhabited place on earth (in terms of distance from other inhabited places). It was probably settled around 300–400 AD (although this is controversial). Some centuries later, there were legends of on the island that the people had come from elsewhere, but since there was absolutely no contact with any other community on earth, for the most part people believed the entire universe was the island and an eternal, empty ocean around it.

The "end" of classical Easter Island civilization isn't pretty, by the way. When people first arrived, it was fairly thickly forested and fertile. Eventually the last tree was chopped down, the land was farmed out, and without wood it was impossible to make decent canoes to fish. There was also an obsession with building the big famous "head"-shaped monoliths, which involved much wastage of manpower, wood, and other resources. The result was a massive population crash, probably accompianied by fighting and cannibalism. By the time the first Europeans arrived, there were only a few stragglers left on the island compared to its peak population some centuries earlier.

Food for thought on planet earth as a whole, where we evidence seems to suggest we are utterly alone, and where we seem hellbent on chopping down the last trees....perhaps for marble countertops rather than monolithic statues.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
there could be hope..

WHAT IF:

Mars was just as beautiful as earth.
The humans living there, overcome with greed, destroyed The Mars eco-system, their activity caused climate change and Mars started heating up.
Their attempts to change the weather from drying up the planet, using HAARP devices, destroyed the atmosphere and magnetosphere.

The elite of mars desided to build an Ark like spaceship that could take them to the distant planet that looked identical to the 'old' Mars they loved.

The elite board their massive spaceship, and leave the remaining populous to die along with the dying mars. They wave goodbye as the Mars oceans slowly evaporate into space.

They arrive on earth, but the vessel is forced to land just off the coast of a large landmass. They make it to shore but their supplies and technology is lost in a deep oceanic void.

they are forced to start again from scratch with nothing but sticks and stones, and no-one has the knowledge to re-create their great technology from bare, raw materials.

60,000 year later their ancestors are repeating history...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
ALL good posts guys and all good thoughts. the point about easter island is a strong one and we might right now be on a giant easter island. think about it, instead of an ocean we have space and instead of an island we have a planet. im not the biggest enviornmentalist type of person but if you just look at how we treat the enviornment it would be no suprise if we destroy our earth before we are even able to make contact with alien civilizations and travel/live off of our planet and solar system. if we created an earth type easter island it might not even be relivant if there is an alien, who knows by the time THEY cross the ocean they might find a feeble human civilization that is just a shadow of its former self! we dont even need to bring up the oil spills of the past century, look at just how much trash wal marts american operations produce, and how much waste. maybe the bubble earth delema and concept wont be relivant if we cant sustain!

new topics

top topics

join