It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Untold billions are sent to Africa every year to "help" idiots like this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

We asked to see Jovali’s parents. The dad, Georges Obamza, who weaves straw stools that he sells for $1 each, is unmistakably very poor. He said that the family is eight months behind on its $6-a-month rent and is in danger of being evicted, with nowhere to go.

The Obamzas have no mosquito net, even though they have already lost two of their eight children to malaria. They say they just can’t afford the $6 cost of a net. Nor can they afford the $2.50-a-month tuition for each of their three school-age kids. “It’s hard to get the money to send the kids to school,” Mr. Obamza explained, a bit embarrassed.

But Mr. Obamza and his wife, Valerie, do have cellphones and say they spend a combined $10 a month on call time. In addition, Mr. Obamza goes drinking several times a week at a village bar, spending about $1 an evening on moonshine. By his calculation, that adds up to about $12 a month — almost as much as the family rent and school fees combined.

Read full story

Further proof Africa should be cut off and left to survive on its own or suffer the consequences.

Foreign aid is unconstitutional, and a bad fiscal policy.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

So you found a story on ONE guy who is a pizz tank, so ALL of Africa

should suffer?

It's a good thing NOBODY in America abuses the Welfare System

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

You only make a strong argument as to why the Constitutionality of welfare in America should be questioned. Taxing people in order to redistribute that wealth is plunder, no matter how one slices it. Plunder is plunder, regardless of who is plundering.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

But they are contributing to the corporations, phone and booze companies.
So the aid is going as planed,

The fact that the kids are starving and uneducated is trivial compared to the fact that the corporations have built up their consumer base thanks to the generosity of others...

Goverments are run by corporations who's sole aim is to increase their consumer base..The sooner everyone realises that and stops it, the better the world will be...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
That's good ol' American corporatism right there. "You need this, buy it!"

Then there's this from the article:

In theory, public school is free in the Congo Republic. In fact, every single school we visited charges fees.

This one situation presents a number of possible problems;

Men are in charge of all finances while women are more fiscally responsible, however, they live in a male dominated society.

Public school is free, yet they charge fees. Corruption or bad legislation or both?

Prioritizing cell phones, alcohol and cigarettes over education and safety. This could arise from a simple lack of understanding of the priorities, this thought process can start from school-age thereby perpetuating the need for education in the country.

I've had discussions about education in this country before. Think of what it would be like if our public schools charged fees, do you think we would be much better off simply because we're in an industrialized nation? We are one of the biggest consumer nations on the planet! We are an indebted nation, not just on a government level but on a public level. Have a credit card? You're indebted. Have a car payment? You're indebted. Have a mortgage? You're indebted. There are millions of children NOT taught fiscal responsibility in this country. Get off your high horse and recognize the problems for what they are, not just idiocy.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Yeah, no good bum. He just sits on his bum all day making rubbish out of rubbish.

Send me money rather, i'm worth it.

He's not begging, he's looking after his family as best he can. What exactly is your point?

Sure he's no economic genius, but he's just getting by.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

So you found a story on ONE guy who is a pizz tank, so ALL of Africa

should suffer?

It's a good thing NOBODY in America abuses the Welfare System

He is correct...we tried giving them condoms and they popped it in there mouth like bubble gum.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

It used to cost me £15 per month to support the education of a child in Africa (Uganda).

The child, an eight your old boy, would send me a letter each month, telling me how the money I provided bought not only his education, but also farming implements and seeds for his widowed mother to use on the family's plot, as well as school uniform and books.

I was happy to learn that my £15 went such a long way.

As time passed, the education of this child seemed incompetent. He just did not progress beyond drawing the same pictures of goats and spades and buckets or telling me he likes to eat beans.

Then after about five years. I received a letter asking me if I would support sponsorship for his education to be continued in England! He used emotional arguments in an attempt to persuade me that I should comply with his request, arguments that were beyond the scope of his education as witnessed in the content of his previous letters.

After much angst in deciding how to proceed, I chose to write one more time to this child. I explained that I could not support his migration to the UK on the grounds that I felt it was not in the best interests of his personal development to be removed from his family.

I never heard from that child again.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
As far as im concerned we send money to these countries and we should not.

We have our own individual problems here at home and I personally do not give two monkey's nuts about some third rate country that wants our money for nothing in return.

We have hungry people in our country. Babies with no parents that are stuck in the "system". We could build better hospitals and provide better education to our own children and people.

We need to think about ourselves first and foremost as times are hard for everyone.

Last month I could barely afford to upgrade my computer!! Yet I sacrifice close to 70 hours per week away from my child for what? So my government can send a portion of my money to some worthless nation who cant even stop having multiple children that are destined to die before age five. Have they no sense at all.

The man in that particular article can make some useless artifact and go drinking and use a mobile / cell phone but cant stop producing kids.

He deserves nothing!!!!! He has what he deserves. I pity no one as I have my own problems. This cash the government sends to these third world nations is like me flushing money down the sewer. Yet my own government is in huge debt and can't even fix the pot hole on the road that I live so when I come out of my gates in the morning my front left wheel smacks into the road with the all too familiar sound of metal crying for mercy.

Yet I pay road tax in the UK and a huge amount because my car Is a 3.5 ltr beast.

As I have said before we need to look out for number one a little bit more. You will all do yourself justice if you did. I have no time for cry babies and free gifts to those who don't at least help themselves. That goes for all the jobless in my country and any other. You feed of society like leaches and the hard working ones are left with the bill. Yeah thanks.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Every penny that goes to Africa might as well be flushed down the toilet.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by tauempire

What ever happen to "The Greater Good"? ... I mean SHEESH ... were has the compassion gone?

And yes ... that's right ... The reason why condoms didn't work in Africa is because all the Africans thought that the condoms were bubblegum ...
... mate ... seriously!!??

Of course, it has nothing to do with the extremely influential Catholic and Anglican churches giving out pamphlets that said that using condoms increased the chances of getting HIV or simply banning the use of condoms ... No! ... Of course not ... it was the bubblegum thing ...

Edit - My wife and I have been sponsoring a child in Nepal for 6 years and she and her family are doing very well, in part, because of the money we send.

You guys want to see your money have an effect? Well then put your money where your mouth is and buy a somehting that goes to them directly ... A clean water jar, a chicken, a buffalo, clean water, fix a house or even a whole rice bank ... you don't just have to send off money into the blue.

Use google and you will find out how ....

[edit on 26/5/10 by Horza]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Reply to post by Horza

The catholic pamphlets thing is interesting. What makes a person believe on set of mumbo jumbo over another set of mumbo jumbo? Are they really so pious as to not use condoms but just not pious enough to not rape children to "cure" them of their HIV? Really? How does such a situation come about?

It's like those South Americans who would be excommunicated or damned to hell for an abortion and they honestly believe it but just didn't believe it enough to not have sex out of wedlock in the first place.

With a following body so apparently stupid, inconsistent and hypocritical you can only blame the groups passing out the pamphlets so much. These people are choosing through some rationalization acrobatics to follow one path over the other without any rhyme or reason.

They also have a president in South Africa I believe who is a confessed rapist and announced to the world a shower woukd cure AIDS so really how many more excuses do we need to waste on a waste of people?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Horza

Pardon my sceptism, but how do you know the same information is not being sent to thousands of other donors?

I would love to help a needy child/family/tribe, but I want to help them, not some lowlife CEO in a 3 storey house on the 18th in Florida...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller
Yeah, no good bum. He just sits on his bum all day making rubbish out of rubbish.

Send me money rather, i'm worth it.

He's not begging, he's looking after his family as best he can. What exactly is your point?

Sure he's no economic genius, but he's just getting by.

Drinking and smoking while being unable to afford to educate your child is now considered looking after ones family as best they can?

You're kidding right??

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
It's nothing short of naïve to make the assumption that any significant portion of those "Untold billions" find their way into the lives of the people that they are apparently supposed to be helping. That money, almost every cent of it, winds up back on the bottom-line of the multi-national corporations who are usurping (and deliberately creating) the plight of impoverished people to boost their already obscene profits. HIV/AIDS alone procures billions of dollars in financial "aid" to Africa every year which goes directly into the purchase of toxic dugs manufactured by (mostly) American and European pharmaceutical giants, whilst the African people are left with the financial and health debt incurred by the loans and poisons.

This is simply the continued and extended theft of first world taxpayers' money to further line the pockets of first world capitalists.

All that said, the globalist elite are a projection of our collective consciousness as a race. They are simply playing their role by holding up a mirror to all of us so that we can observe the dark corners that exist within all of us. If we choose to attack them then we are attacking ourselves. If we accept the darkness that is within all of us then it immediately begins to dissolve, and the outward expression of it (the elite/lluminati/powersthatbe) will similarly dissolve.

[edit for spelling]

[edit on 26-5-2010 by treesdancing]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

They also have a president in South Africa I believe who is a confessed rapist and announced to the world a shower woukd cure AIDS so really how many more excuses do we need to waste on a waste of people?

Incorrect - he was charged for rape but acquitted in court due to inconsistencies in the HIV positive "victims" testimony.

The shower thing is true to a certain extent - he did tell the court he was not worried about contracting HIV from the victim as he had had a shower after having sex with her. Not a very bright fellow! lol

He's depicted in cartoons now as having a shower head permanently attached to his head!

new topics

top topics

join