It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another prediction come true

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I always bust out laughing when I see that face in your avatar. Thanks for making me laugh.

Naw man, all we see is the tip of the iceberg in relation to Gods big plan. He is the ultimate Chess player.

I understand where you're coming from. I am continually questioning God. The funny thing is... He answers.

Peace

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by faceoff85

Originally posted by troubleshooter
reply to post by Cor Leonis

The New Testament says that the 'Last Days' began when Jesus was among us...
...at least this is what the writer of Hebrews said...

"God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son..." Hebrews 1:1-2

Which means that the 'last days' are those that follow the previous millenia...
...and it also means that the 'last days' have been happening for almost 2000 years now.

UHmm... this is a classic case of misinterpretation... not weird if you consider you're using an OLD english bible...

New International Version (NIV)
Hebrews 1:1, 2
1In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.
As it was written a long time ago the last couple of days mentioned dont refer to the las days as you mean it...

also a nice text to show GOD is not JESus as jesus is mentioned here in the role of a `mediator`

The Koine Greek text reads ἔσχατος ἡμέρα which translates literally 'last days'.

ἔσχατος is the word from which we get Eschatology...
...which means 'the study of the last'.

The Christian understanding is that the last days began with the appearance of the Messiah or Christ who they believe was Jesus.

Certain patterns of events are predicted to happen during this period...
...and these patterns recur in increasing fulfillment until a final event that will be the catalyst for a renewed world...
...coming soon to a planet near you.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

hehehe.. thnx... might just have had that wrong..
I'll look into it. as they say the devil is in the details..

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
omg of course the freckin bible is gonna be correct. it was written by the very same people who are still controlling you now. it's their end game plan. just think about it... why the heck are there a ton of other ancient religions with the exact same stories? seems to me and a few other people who aren't clogged with bs religion like they ripped off a bunch of religions, wrote their "bible" and now you're seeing these things come true because it's the way it's always been planned. I won't be believing in the end, don't worry. I'll be feeling sorry for all you who are gonna be like, "omg! christianity is real! look at whats happening!"

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
I don't understand the term "God-Haters"

No, you're not sure if you should be offended... It's a common reaction to the term.

Definition of God-Hater: One who fervently, methodically and studiously hates God, Jesus, the Bible, and can shred Bible verse on demand, but who ironically does not see his own dependence on God for his views.

As distinguished from an Atheist — One who lives perfectly comfortably WITHOUT God.

Heh. I won't tell the story again of my radio days at Pacifica, but it was at Pacifica, on the American Atheist Hour, that I realized that I and everyone around me on the board were NOT atheists, but we were God-haters. Which is a religion. And when I pointed this out on the air, I was banned from American Atheist Hour. They've been churning out their various lame rebuttals ever since, heh, thirty-plus years later.

Which really pissed me off at first. But I worked through the whole long logic cycle of Life — no, logic is not brief and concise, it bends and blends and turns over the decades — and eventually I found peace and Truth.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 5/26/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

14 Do not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.
Uhmm... the title LORD should be (as it was in the original hebrew version) be replaced with JHWH

[edit on 26-5-2010 by faceoff85]

have you ever lived with a jealous person? its most uncomfortable. love is totally absent. its an ego gone horribly wrong. its a sickness. yet you conceive of a creator with this attribute?
why do you want to go and live eternally with a mega-ego like that?
the concept is only possible because you are caught in a dualistic idea nurtured with your ego's fear of death.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Cant agree with you there....
Matthew 10:22 (New International Version)
All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Romans 10:13-15 (New International Version)
13for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved"...

I see no problem nor contradiction. Are you trying to draw a distinction between those who "stand firm to the end" and everybody else...?

If so, consider what Christ said: All men will hate you because of me.

In Luke, Christ similarly says: Think not that I came to send peace on the world; I came NOT to send peace, but a Sword...

There is no doubt that Christ perceived his mission as one to be completed in spite of the opposition. Of which there was A LOT.

But that doesn't mean he condemns the opposition. He just acknowledges the opposition and asks God the Father to forgive them, for they know not what they do.

Everybody is saved.

— Doc Velocity

Well It'd be nice if that were true but I learned it diferently... faith without the works is worthless to god... read the others sciptures I posted in that post... It shows quite clrealy in my pov that if HARMAGEDON is here, just calling out to god wont suffice... that would be to easy wouldn't it?

i partly agree with you on the faith without works is dead point of your comment because truth is that having faith is not enough. You must exercise it or else it will die. However calling on god or calling out to god at the end be it your end or everyones end shouldnt matter. It didnt matter to jesus and the people that died on the cross with him. They got to join him in heaven that day. This is a contradiction of sorts to give some redemtion with a last minute plea bargain and others denied for a life time of work because they lacked in faith a little. It goes to show to me that mere works matters little. Oh yeah its necessary to those of faith but the most important aspect is belief. For by faith are you saved it is the grace of god. Ephesians if i am not mistaken?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangutang

have you ever lived with a jealous person? its most uncomfortable. love is totally absent. its an ego gone horribly wrong. its a sickness. yet you conceive of a creator with this attribute?
why do you want to go and live eternally with a mega-ego like that?
the concept is only possible because you are caught in a dualistic idea nurtured with your ego's fear of death.

hehehe.. I knew there had to be atleast one person around here to point that out... so you would be okay with your wife sleeping over at my place sometimes? dont think so.. darn you must be a really horible person to live with...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

See, I have no problem with a god. In fact, I do indeed believe that there is one.
I just don't believe that your YHWH created the universe.
This Great Creator shouldn't be a judger... - That shouldn't have to be its job.
Plain and simple.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by fizzy1

i partly agree with you on the faith without works is dead point of your comment because truth is that having faith is not enough. You must exercise it or else it will die. However calling on god or calling out to god at the end be it your end or everyones end shouldnt matter. It didnt matter to jesus and the people that died on the cross with him. They got to join him in heaven that day. This is a contradiction of sorts to give some redemtion with a last minute plea bargain and others denied for a life time of work because they lacked in faith a little. It goes to show to me that mere works matters little. Oh yeah its necessary to those of faith but the most important aspect is belief. For by faith are you saved it is the grace of god. Ephesians if i am not mistaken?

Take this text into consideration when you talk about faith being needed for saving
James 2:20-23 (New International Version)

20You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless[a]? 21Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness," and he was called God's friend.

keep in mind that the part where it says "Abraham believed God" the bible is refering to adam's faith

Another thing to consider is that when Jesus promised the criminal hung with him a prospect of eternal life... as I previously explained this would pertain to the fact that this criminal paid for his sins with his death... I can see were you're coming from but I dont think that example shows that just faith is enough... that criminal simply received a 2nd chance...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil
I always bust out laughing when I see that face in your avatar.

That's how I want people to imagine me.
Someday I'm going to be featured on the Conspiracy Chicks or on Anderson Cooper 360, and everyone is going to be seriously disappointed with my real face.

Maybe I could mutilate myself like the Joker, which would be a supreme psycho-social gesture of defiance.

Nah. I may be crazy but I aint stupid.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 5/26/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
The other problem i face with the issue of god is that i wonder how christians reconcile the nature of god being all knowing yet how that contrasts with mans free will. Free will by itself doesnt allow for known variables. It requires there to be an unknown. I can choose this way or that way and even the creator cannot know which way i will go or what choices i will make otherwise it is determinalism and all my choices are already known to him. In other words he knows everything that everyone is going to do already so how does evil then exist? That means if i am evil then i have been set up. No free will to choose what i do on this planet since it is already a matter of record to a supreme being. So how can i be held liable for anything i have done since it was decided already long before i was born. God knew in the beggining of my birth some thousands of years in the future and all that i was going to do yet he allowed it all to happen. This doesnt sound like free will but rather me being a puppet with strings that were created long before i was born.
Unless of course free will undermines gods omniscience. its the fly in the ointment that allows this satan of the fairy tale to be able to counter gods will and man to be able to defy his will as well.

i welcome any serious debate on this subject truly i do since i have yet in my wanderings on planet earth to find anyone who could succesfully argue for an omniscent and omnipotent god yet he has no power over free will.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
All I am going to say is a quote by Mark Twain:

"Go to heaven for the climate, go to hell for the company."

This thread definitely proves this to be true. See you guys in hell!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by fizzy1

Take this text into consideration when you talk about faith being needed for saving
James 2:20-23 (New International Version)

20You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless[a]? 21Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness," and he was called God's friend.

keep in mind that the part where it says "Abraham believed God" the bible is refering to adam's faith

Another thing to consider is that when Jesus promised the criminal hung with him a prospect of eternal life... as I previously explained this would pertain to the fact that this criminal paid for his sins with his death... I can see were you're coming from but I dont think that example shows that just faith is enough... that criminal simply received a 2nd chance...

yes but for all the wages of sin is death. So the fact that he paid with his life is mute. he was paying for his crimes with his death anyways. He was given a second chance without havingt o prove himself or act on his new found faith like abraham did. Even abraham died eventually. Death isnt the price for faith. The point here is that being given a second chance at the last minute is a matter of record in the bible. You do not have to go a lifetime walking the path of jesus to be considered saved. Even unto the hour of your death can you recieve redemtion. The idea here is do you repent. Truly repent your sins and beleive. That is what christianity preaches yet other denominations harken to the fact that you need to prove your faith. Its all a matter of debate and of course as i said contradiction. If there werent any contradictions then the different sects of christianity wouldnt fight against each others doctrines.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy88

Originally posted by conspiracy88
omg of course the freckin bible is gonna be correct. it was written by the very same people who are still controlling you now. it's their end game plan. just think about it... why the heck are there a ton of other ancient religions with the exact same stories? seems to me and a few other people who aren't clogged with bs religion like they ripped off a bunch of religions, wrote their "bible" and now you're seeing these things come true because it's the way it's always been planned. I won't be believing in the end, don't worry. I'll be feeling sorry for all you who are gonna be like, "omg! christianity is real! look at whats happening!"

Well, I see a lot of Christians speculating about the end and 2012 but I don't see them freaking out like you portray.

You know, I'm not sure you realize how brainwashed we are. If you did, you wouldn't even try to convince us we're wrong. You may need a hypnotist. /s

No, seriously, I realize there are some minor errors in the Bible but as a whole, it's pretty solid. I swallow it hook line and sinker because I believe the same God that made the universe can also hide a man in a whales belly.

You do realize He can raise people from the dead, don't you? It's all there. Take a look at history. History of Jesus

Peace

[edit on 26-5-2010 by FearNoEvil]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02
Well actually that prediction has been proved since there was civilizations... People have ALWAYS been that way and it will continue to be, so I guess the end of days should have been a long time ago, good try though......

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Reign02]

"and those mockers in that day will say, how can that be, the world has been the same as from the beginning."

You just forfilled prophecy.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by fizzy1

I am gonna try a weak shot at this free will debate since I also found the question posed interesting... Hope something conclusive from the bible comes from this but I'm typing as I'm reading up...

Revelation 22:17 (New International Version)
17The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.

This text clearly states that free will is indeed part of man as god gives us a choice... it hasn't been decided in advance...

Romans 2:4, 5
4Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance? 5But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God's wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed.

This text also says nobody is forced to walk according to a plan.. they have a choice...

Compare it to a radio... you can choose to listen to the news for example. but just because you CAN doesn't mean you WILL. In the same way god knows of our possibility's but he chooses not to use his foresight for anything else.
Genesis 22:12; 18:20, 21 are texts where this is displayed... even though he COULD know in advance. he didn't aply that ability for the sake of free will...

I am editing in a response to your previous post about repenting.. this 2nd chance does NOT apply to people dying in HARMAGEDON. at least not for the people who know of god's message and willfully choose to not obey him

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
If I was a cristian I wouldn't judge scoffers.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dumbass
If I was a cristian I wouldn't judge scoffers.

Trust me Im not judging anyone.... Only god knowas a persons heart... that said I trust god to judge everybody in a righteous fashion...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
There are no atheists in a foxhole, as the soldiers say.

I believe that is only an argument against foxhole not atheists.

While I believe that Christianity (I'm looking at the catholic church in particular) has done more harm that any other single idea in human history, I don't think its fair to lump Actual Christians with the hobbiests and the nut cases.

I have four points against Christianity though

1.Religions come and go, just because Christianity is slowly dying doesn't mean its the end of the world any more that the fact we don't worship Zeus any more means its the end.

2.How can I be expected to believe in the bible, just because it's 2000 years old and other people believe in it. Even if it was written by who, and when it is claimed doesn't mean they couldn't have been wrong themselves

3.Even if the Christian god was shown to my satisfaction to be real, why should I worship him? As I understand it he is omni-cognisant, so he must know every action we will take so therefore he knows the outcome of every action he takes and thus every time he acts, he intentionally manipulates us into following his actions thus negating free will, thus making any suffering we endure pointless, thus making god evil

4.The last one isn't really the true Christians fault but its still a big factor, the sheer amount of lies that are attached to Christianity the amount that has been twisted, warped, intentionally miss interpreted and just plain out lied about. Its to the point of insanity.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join