It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another prediction come true

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
Actually, the End of Days is not even a particularly bad thing, as far as Christians are concerned. Christians look forward to it with great anticipation.

I mean, yeah, there will be great suffering, a lot of people will die and endure terrible ordeals at the hands of the AntiChrist, and blood is supposed to run deep at the Battle of Armageddon.

But, the last thing a Christian fears is Death. There is no such thing as Death to a Christian. If you have no fear of Death, then you fear nothing else the world can dish out.

The End of Days is actually a time to celebrate.

— doc Velocity

my cousin was a christian. she developed cancer. she and many others were praying for her recovery. she died. i used to wonder why she wanted so desperately to stay alive. wasn't heaven waiting for her? of all the christians i know, they all seem to have an aversion to death.

its only a tax on the ego.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Cor Leonis

What prophecy were you explaining?

Sorry for the two liner, but I don't know what you're talking about.

I'm open minded chrisitian, just don't know what you're talking about.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter
reply to post by Cor Leonis

The New Testament says that the 'Last Days' began when Jesus was among us...
...at least this is what the writer of Hebrews said...

"God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son..." Hebrews 1:1-2

Which means that the 'last days' are those that follow the previous millenia...
...and it also means that the 'last days' have been happening for almost 2000 years now.

UHmm... this is a classic case of misinterpretation... not weird if you consider you're using an OLD english bible...

New International Version (NIV)
Hebrews 1:1, 2
1In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.
As it was written a long time ago the last couple of days mentioned dont refer to the las days as you mean it...

also a nice text to show GOD is not JESus as jesus is mentioned here in the role of a `mediator`

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
In the last days (plural) lawlessness shall increase. This prediction is fulfilled. These are the last days and lawlessness has increased.

Twisting it anyway you like does not change the truth that lawlessness has increased in these last days of the age we live. Lawlessness will continue to increase all the way to Armgeddon.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
Have your god come down here NOW and set up shop forever. Then it would get people crackin!!!!

What do you think I'm doing here? I'm an agent of God, an operative of the Holy Spirit, setting things straight where I can and occasionally clubbing you nonsensical muckrakers senseless. It's a dirty job, as they say...

— Doc Velocity

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
This lady says it well.
There are 2 kinds of people, those with no soul??.and them who have a soul and know god ,
ITS worth a listen. it tis about the supreme being too aka god,around towards the later part.
but to the doubters well,she says they are not ever going to get it, because they love material stuff and god is far far away ,they are soulless,not a bit sensitive,chase positions in life for rewards,she says they dont encounter things like people of faith encounter like say spiritual moments,or just plain majical moments in time when you feel like crying to god because you seen a rainbow,accompanied with the smell of grass wi the sound of babbling brook and some rare bird, then without a thought you shout with all your being to god ,thank you lGOD while in side you send lots of love and praise. because they the souless entitys know of this nothing,and is shown to them nor is it meant to be, I think they are lacking love for the father creator they are to busy ,they dont gel with it,life creation sex,and work fills there mind with money first and pride ,They dont resonate within empathy not found, she explains pretty good.
give it a try she covers a lot more even the Occult
Quiggeboard ,demons,ufo,ghosts,phycics,god,science,soul less people,dammed,not dammed well not dammed but going a longer way round to the top floors.

[edit on 5/26/2010 by dashar]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by fizzy1

And again i say can i get an amen!!! Anyone? Yeah agree 100 percent. The argument will never be won by either side until oh great sky daddy comes down and shows us the err of our ways. Puts me in my place so to speak. Yeah i am being sarcastic i suppose and i am all for believing trust me but my eyes were opened and it lead me away from this artificial reality of christianity. Actually it was the reality of who christians really are that opened my eyes. Way too many of you guys made me wake up and realize its all crap. Jesus was kewl. Way kewl. the kewlest cat walking the earth in a long time. If he really existed. Sometimes i think he was a conjuration of what the authors saw was a culmination of all that was good in mankind. But if he was real then wow is all i can say. That however does not mean i believe everything written in said bible. I also like the teaching if buddha. Philosphically jesus owned. He had alot to teach us about how to be towards one another. Problem is man has used everything written in that book to further a means to an end and with no regard to who got crushed killed or destroyed in the process.
I can tellyou this. If it is all true and its all real then i have some serious questions for the creator if and when i do get my chance to meet him/her or it. If since he created me cannot understand how i feel and why i feel this way then so be it. My soul is lost and thats all there is to that.

Well in your defence (from a biblical POV that is
) the bible teaches that any man not having heard the true message (not the ones you hear about in church, the same ones making you lose faith) will receive another chance.. as the bible teaches after HARMAGEDON there will be a resurection on this planet... Gods true followers who died will be resurected but also the people not having learned of god's message, thus not having had a proper chance to choose will also be resurected, receive eternall live and be given the choice to "COMPLY OR BE KILLED"

so yeah... all hope is not lost

hehehe... are we gonna keep this up? About the trying times thing... I would disagree... true the black plague was trying and surely people looked up to the sky in those times but dont forget... the 20th century has seen some developments never before witnessed... it isn't without reason we started calling some wars WORLD WARS. man these days truly has the abiltiy to kill our earth... a hundred years ago this was not the case... biblical prophecy's have almost all the way come true.... one prophecy you should look out for is the implementing of a legislate already (supossedly, havent seen it myself) signed by the U.N. it is meant to disband any and every religion. this is the last thing wich needs to happen before Jesus returns accoridng to the bible. when the final and true religion will be targeted is when, as the bible says it, it will be like someone pocked a finger in gods eye... the turning point.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by faceoff85]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
This world is a mess it is being by politians most most of which are out right liers and evil in their own self to boot.
If something does not happen to bring all the good people to bear, Christian or not the Earth and our Children are doomed.
It is said if you meet the Christ on the road and ask him to walk a mile with you , he would walk two.
The human mind is made up to seek Truthes, when someone lies to theirself or to other they are corrupting their mind, like posion.
A person can't lie to theirself, nor to the Creator.
We are so advanced with our computers and such, what if you were told there were a computer so big that everything in the universe that occurrs is recorded, or maybe the universe it self is a sort of great computer.
People speak of time travel, if you went back in time is that a recording of everything?
When judgement day comes the Truth is going to kick a lot of ass, can't hide from the Truth.
There are steps laid out before you, it's your choice to step into them, but you will feel so much the better if you do, some call it walking the razors edge. Find places of power.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangutang
of all the christians i know, they all seem to have an aversion to death.

BINGO... And there's your gauge for determining who is and is not a Christian. When you see these priests and pastors and other religious figures speaking from a foundation of fear, then you know it's not Christian. Fear of Death, Fear of War, Fear of Global Warming, Fear of Crime, Fear, FEAR, FEAR...

A true Christian is fearless.

If it's afraid, it aint Christian, get it?

— Doc Velocity

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cor Leonis
What will be the arguement by those explaining why it was not believed?

Actually, I don't think there will be very much explaining nor any need for explanations.

Those who don't believe right now WILL believe in the end days. There are no atheists in a foxhole, as the soldiers say.

Until they are confronted with the undeniable Truth, the unbelievers will continue their merry, hedonistic ways. No amount of bible-thumping and preaching is going to touch them.

As I tell atheists after a good, long argument:

I understand that your atheism is probably stronger now than ever; but, just remember, when The End arrives, when you're staring The Truth in the eye, you're still welcome to call on the name of The Lord, and you will be saved right along with the most devout Christian.

Says so in the Bible.

— Doc Velocity

I wonder if all these other gods MAN has created give the same offer

www.lowchensaustralia.com...

A list of god(s) MAN has created all over the world ,all with just as much right to be believed in, all with creation stories for the Earth and MAN and one thing they all have in common including yours ALL CREATED BY MAN!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

See and there ya go. Where is this from in the bible. Because i was under the understanding that jesus wouldnt return till all was fulfilled and that includes evangelizing to the whole of the earth. So rapture to my knowledge isnt suppose to happen until gods message has been spread to everyone. Oh it also is a poiint of argument i made to soemone one day that to this day has yet to be answered sufficiently. That is, what about all those who had died for the countless thousands of years before jesus came, before any society knew of this jewish god. What happens to them? Where are their souls? If you say hell then wow go team GOD for locking them up and not doing more to let them know you were up there. Umm you think this all pwerful god could spread the word better than letting countless hundreds of thousands perish and die without even so much of a chance to know him. Unless of course he did. My thoughts? There are many ways to reach god and he has made himself known to all the peoples of the earth in many ways with many faces. Maybe this goes against the grain but it fits with a true all loving and all pwerful god who loves his creation. Otherwise he is egocentrical and cares only for himself.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
A list of god(s) MAN has created all over the world...

I have no doubt that all religions are inspired by the same God. Different cultures, different interpretations, different religion — BUT A COMMON ACKNOWLEDGEMENT that there IS a God.

— Doc Velocity

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangutang
of all the christians i know, they all seem to have an aversion to death.

BINGO... And there's your gauge for determining who is and is not a Christian. When you see these priests and pastors and other religious figures speaking from a foundation of fear, then you know it's not Christian. Fear of Death, Fear of War, Fear of Global Warming, Fear of Crime, Fear, FEAR, FEAR...

A true Christian is fearless.

If it's afraid, it aint Christian, get it?

— Doc Velocity

I wholeheartedly agree with you there. thats why i want to spit on the people who take their kids out and hand out those oh so cute cards with death messages on them and hand them to my stepdaughter who is five and ask her is she is ready to die. I want to take a big crap right n their foreheads. Yeah use fear to bring em to jesus. Scare me to god. I know thats how jesus operated right? Oh wait no it wasnt. oh well keep on going and try to save another scared to death sinner. As for me if i wasnt a decent human being and a true sinner i would as i put it to the total retard that did this, beat the Living Hell out of him and then he would see jesus alot sooner than he wanted to.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   

See and there ya go. Where is this from in the bible. Because i was under the understanding that jesus wouldnt return till all was fulfilled and that includes evangelizing to the whole of the earth. So rapture to my knowledge isnt suppose to happen until gods message has been spread to everyone. Oh it also is a poiint of argument i made to soemone one day that to this day has yet to be answered sufficiently. That is, what about all those who had died for the countless thousands of years before jesus came, before any society knew of this jewish god. What happens to them? Where are their souls? If you say hell then wow go team GOD for locking them up and not doing more to let them know you were up there. Umm you think this all pwerful god could spread the word better than letting countless hundreds of thousands perish and die without even so much of a chance to know him. Unless of course he did. My thoughts? There are many ways to reach god and he has made himself known to all the peoples of the earth in many ways with many faces. Maybe this goes against the grain but it fits with a true all loving and all pwerful god who loves his creation. Otherwise he is egocentrical and cares only for himself.

Read the edit of my previoes post as well
. You're rigth when you say this but the bible tells in the last days god's true followers would rise again... this exlcudes ALL religions that have survived the century's (kind off arogant but thats the teaching) this would mean that ALOT of people before the LAST DAYS would have died before god's faith would be recovered to its true form... those people get another chance... ALso the bible teaches that death pays for all sins but 1.. a sin against the holy spirit, nobody knows how to do that but we do know Judas the betrayer has sinned like that... taking this into account there are ALOT of potentials...

BTW if you want some supporting texts from the bible please specify on wich subject... I'll look them up.. my faith is that of Jehovah's Witnesses

The only fear thaught with my religion is the fear to displease our god.. comparable to the fear of a child to dissapoint his parents.. HEALTHY fear wich can motivate to do the right thing.

yeah also about the souls thing (this is worhty of its own thread) the gist is this: the dead are like the sleeping.. not aware of anything... the soul is NOT eternal. This also means they are NOT in hell... the word hell isn't even in the bible (the original versions that is). If you really want me to support this I dont know if this is the right place for it but this is what my faith teaches... The origins of this whole understanding about hell actually comes from sjeool hades and gehenna... when read in context it becomes clear these were not to be taken literally but instead talk of a death from wich resurection is possible and a 2nd form of death (gehenna) wich symbolizes eternal death from wich resurection is not possible... this is pretty much what it boils down to... so NO ETERNAL FIRE

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

I wasn't talking about the Gilgamesh Epic as that is a much later contrivance, instead I was refering to the earliest recorded in depth history from Sumer recorded on Tablets held at the British Museum.

Genesis is a heavily edited version of the above, not a mish-mash from different cultures. And upon reading it that fact becomes extremely obvious.

I don't understand the term "God-Haters"

Is that a bandage term like "Anti-Semitic" that is used for anyone who disagrees? It sure seems like it to me when many people are only trying to point out the flaws in the Belief-System. And let's at least accept the fact that it is ONLY a Belief-System, one of many in this world that lay claim to being The One.

Personally, I think if we threw out the bible, along with the attachment to Belief and its inherent Limitations and the entire Indoctrination Process of this "Cult" that many people would begin to discover the real freedom that exists by forging your own path to direct communion with the bodiless Aware-Energy of our Universe...this is the Real Rocky Path as opposed to the wide path followed by Followers.

Disavowing the Bible's credibility is the surest way to get your ass kicked in a civilization that evolved out of Christianity.

Seriously?

Fortunately I have no fear of any man, any group, and Belief-System's control drama. It may well be the case in the Southern States of the U.S. but that is the only place I've ever seen such small-mindedness being acted out as you suggest. Which tells us more about the mentality of those who do such things than it does about the "Loving" Belief-System such mentally retarded Believers claim to Follow.

I have no problem with people having their beliefs, but I see no reason why it must be pushed so hard onto the population, why people have to die for something so inane, why wars are fought over it and why so many put so much faith in what is basically a completely unproven Fairy Tale.

Most followers don't even understand how it is that the mother of Jesus is called a Virgin, and yet if they studied and read up on the culture, the Pesha system of understanding, the rituals and marriage process of the Hebrews then all would understand there was never an immaculate conception, only a "normal" marriage of the Times. And this one little provable fact would lay waste to the Fairy Tale.

So, what happens when the Believer's Belief-System fails in the experiences we are about to have on this world?

I read that some follow because they don't want to take the risk of being wrong, and yet what happens when they see and experience things that should not exist according to their Belief-System but are right in front of them? Will their system crumble leaving them as lost little children? And who will help them back to some semblance of reality and understanding then? Probably those "God Haters" will have to do it.

No offence meant to any Believers with my words, I simply speak plainly so all can understand me.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

I was thinking you were JW but wasnt sure. Doesnt your religion teach that only 144k will enter into heaven? I may be misunderstanding this as it was a long time ago i had that discussion with a JW. I love having religous conversations with the LW and mormons because they are so willing to talk about religion. my girlfriend never understands why i entertain you guys when you come to my door and i let you iin. " why do you let them in your house" i always tell her " what do i have to fear from knowledge" Is what they believe contagious? LOL. thats like saying being around a homosexual is contagious and i am going to get it. Ridiculous. Fear of what you dont understand is ignorance and i prefer to deny that. ( ok shamless pun used here but gimme a break lol it was funny)

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by faceoff85
Cant agree with you there....
Matthew 10:22 (New International Version)
All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Romans 10:13-15 (New International Version)
13for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved"...

I see no problem nor contradiction. Are you trying to draw a distinction between those who "stand firm to the end" and everybody else...?

If so, consider what Christ said: All men will hate you because of me.

In Luke, Christ similarly says: Think not that I came to send peace on the world; I came NOT to send peace, but a Sword...

There is no doubt that Christ perceived his mission as one to be completed in spite of the opposition. Of which there was A LOT.

But that doesn't mean he condemns the opposition. He just acknowledges the opposition and asks God the Father to forgive them, for they know not what they do.

Everybody is saved.

— Doc Velocity

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
Have your god come down here NOW and set up shop forever. Then it would get people crackin!!!!

What do you think I'm doing here? I'm an agent of God, an operative of the Holy Spirit, setting things straight where I can and occasionally clubbing you nonsensical muckrakers senseless. It's a dirty job, as they say...

— Doc Velocity

Ok... I see we're getting a picture here...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   

I was thinking you were JW but wasnt sure. Doesnt your religion teach that only 144k will enter into heaven? I may be misunderstanding this as it was a long time ago i had that discussion with a JW. I love having religous conversations with the LW and mormons because they are so willing to talk about religion. my girlfriend never understands why i entertain you guys when you come to my door and i let you iin. " why do you let them in your house" i always tell her " what do i have to fear from knowledge" Is what they believe contagious? LOL. thats like saying being around a homosexual is contagious and i am going to get it. Ridiculous. Fear of what you dont understand is ignorance and i prefer to deny that. ( ok shamless pun used here but gimme a break lol it was funny)

hehehe... yeah your case might be used as an example on stage in our churches
you should read my edit about souls and hell...
True we believe 144k are invited to heaven. the rest of (hopefully) us have the prospect to live like adam and eve did.. on this planet like god intended. trust me even though you enjoy it to those people coming to your door really enjoy talking to people like you... as do I

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by faceoff85
Cant agree with you there....
Matthew 10:22 (New International Version)
All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Romans 10:13-15 (New International Version)
13for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved"...

I see no problem nor contradiction. Are you trying to draw a distinction between those who "stand firm to the end" and everybody else...?

If so, consider what Christ said: All men will hate you because of me.

In Luke, Christ similarly says: Think not that I came to send peace on the world; I came NOT to send peace, but a Sword...

There is no doubt that Christ perceived his mission as one to be completed in spite of the opposition. Of which there was A LOT.

But that doesn't mean he condemns the opposition. He just acknowledges the opposition and asks God the Father to forgive them, for they know not what they do.

Everybody is saved.

— Doc Velocity

Well It'd be nice if that were true but I learned it diferently... faith without the works is worthless to god... read the others sciptures I posted in that post... It shows quite clrealy in my pov that if HARMAGEDON is here, just calling out to god wont suffice... that would be to easy wouldn't it?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join