It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another prediction come true

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
It is amazing to me how many there are who scoff at the Bible.

To me that seems very dangerous to put themselves at odds with the Author of life.

It is predicted that in the last days there will be scoffers who would be walking after their own lusts.

"Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts," (2 Peter 3:3)

The question is, what if all that is declared in the Bible is true? What will be the arguement by those explaining why it was not believed?

I predict that in these last days, that lawlessness will increase and more and more will continue down this dangerous road of mocking the Christian and scoffing at the Bible.

Actually this prediction did not originate with me, it is what the Bible declares will be happening in the last days.

Now I wonder, who might post here too confirm whether or not this to be truth.

+8 more 
posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cor Leonis
What will be the arguement by those explaining why it was not believed?

Actually, I don't think there will be very much explaining nor any need for explanations.

Those who don't believe right now WILL believe in the end days. There are no atheists in a foxhole, as the soldiers say.

Until they are confronted with the undeniable Truth, the unbelievers will continue their merry, hedonistic ways. No amount of bible-thumping and preaching is going to touch them.

As I tell atheists after a good, long argument:

I understand that your atheism is probably stronger now than ever; but, just remember, when The End arrives, when you're staring The Truth in the eye, you're still welcome to call on the name of The Lord, and you will be saved right along with the most devout Christian.

Says so in the Bible.

— Doc Velocity

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I'm not a religious person.
I don't even know what the "last days" means. The end of time? no more tomorrows?

Or just an end of the world as we know it because of a world war or total financial collapse.

It doesn't take a genius to predict lawlessness after an event like that.

+2 more 
posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
You know? i have been thinking of jesus, and i have decided i shall repent for my sins....

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Well actually that prediction has been proved since there was civilizations... People have ALWAYS been that way and it will continue to be, so I guess the end of days should have been a long time ago, good try though......

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Reign02]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Winnuting
I'm not a religious person.
I don't even know what the "last days" means. The end of time? no more tomorrows?

Biblically speaking, the End Days refer to the coming of the AntiChrist, followed by the arrival of Christ and Armageddon. Most of the population will be deceived by the AntiChrist, even most self-professed Christians will be duped. However, that's not the "end of Time" nor even the end of the world. According to the Bible, the world goes on even after Armageddon, a thousand years of peace on Earth follows.

— Doc Velocity

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
What I mean, and what I understand the last days to mean is the end of this particular period of time called the age of grace.

Anyone can do practically just about anything they want and think they are getting by with it. But, when the age of grace is over well, it is not a pretty picture for some who continue to mock and scoff at the Bible.

+6 more 
posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Cor Leonis

To me that seems very dangerous to put themselves at odds with the Author of life.

There is no evidence that life has an author so there is no one to be at odds with.

It is predicted that in the last days there will be scoffers who would be walking after their own lusts.

It doesn't take a prophet to predict that people making absurd supernatural claims are going to attract scoffers. It also doesn't take a prophet to predict that people will be "walking after their own lusts" since that's pretty much what the majority of the human population have always done regardless of which religion they follow.

The question is, what if all that is declared in the Bible is true? What will be the arguement by those explaining why it was not believed?

The Bible cannot be true, its filled with mind-exploding paradoxes. Get this, the God of the Bible is supposed to know the future right, still

1) Creates Lucifer and gives him a promotion.

2) Plants the tree right in the middle of the Garden and does nothing to prevent the serpent tempting Eve.

3) Sends Jesus to die horrifically even though he knows all of humanity will not be saved by this plan.

The God of the Bible is also depicted as downright evil. He slaughters CHILDREN in Egypt, any human being who slaughters children would be called an evil mass murdering psychopath and yet God still gets labeled by his followers as Holy, Righteous, Just and ALL LOVING after slaughtering innocent children (and others all throughout the old testament)...

Also, how is infinite punishment for finite sin count as being just or fair? People are damned to hell for things as simple as being a coward, a liar or a magician (its in Revelations 21:8).

Now I wonder, who might post here too confirm whether or not this to be truth.

I am very skeptical of prophecy in general but when said prophecy comes from a book as flawed as the Bible I know its absolute rubbish.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Yes, I understand that there has, throughout history, been lawlessness. But, again the Bible is clear that it shall increase!

Mainly in my opinion it is because the love of many shall wax cold!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Actually, the End of Days is not even a particularly bad thing, as far as Christians are concerned. Christians look forward to it with great anticipation.

I mean, yeah, there will be great suffering, a lot of people will die and endure terrible ordeals at the hands of the AntiChrist, and blood is supposed to run deep at the Battle of Armageddon.

But, the last thing a Christian fears is Death. There is no such thing as Death to a Christian. If you have no fear of Death, then you fear nothing else the world can dish out.

The End of Days is actually a time to celebrate.

— doc Velocity

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
But it is just a book.... So if I wrote down a bunch of stuff on how the world was created (what i think) how man was created, how the world would end, etc etc. And someone found this book 2000 years from now I guarantee it would become a religious book eventually. The bible is a book on creation and the destruction of creation intended to keep the masses from doing horrible things to one another in fear of going to hell and being tortured forever. It has been passed down, and down, and down, and down, and been changed numerous times I am sure. It is like a tall tale someone tells that changes and becomes more exaggerated as it gets passed down.

I am not dissing your religion at all what so ever, personally I could careless what you believe in, but do not try and put religion on people because that just makes people more likely to pass on it. You just have to face it that all religions claim to be the correct religion and they ALL try to recruit people to their beliefs. So how can one be correct and thousands of others wrong? That is the ultimate question, nobody will EVER know the truth untill their death. And what proof does the bible provide? I do not have to disprove that it is real because that is not how it works. But can you prove that the events in the bible actually happened??

If I came off rude or made you upset, it was not my intention at all what so ever.

Good Day,
Reign

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

"Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts," (2 Peter 3:3)

The question is, what if all that is declared in the Bible is true?

This thread is YET another Bible Hoax.

please label this thread a hoax.

You quote the "dusty ole yarn"

Then in your next sentence you QUESTION IT YOURSELF ????

Your Thread said " Another Prediction Come True ??

Nothing came true, Prove it did , if it happened.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by skischoow
You know? i have been thinking of jesus, and i have decided i shall repent for my sins....

Good for you skischoow, if more would truly do the same, the world would be much better place.
I was lost, for a time, took a while to see the light, now all my problems are solved.

Bless all

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Does that trouble anyone?
The idea that God might be #ing with our heads!
I have trouble sleeping with that knowledge.
Some prankster God running around *hahaha*
We will see who believes in me now, haha, I am God, I am a prankster.
I am killing me.

You know you die and go to St. Peter.
-Did you believe in dinosaurs?
Well yeah there were fossils everywhere.
-Haaa! You #ing idiot, flying lizards you're a moron, God was #in' with you!
It seemed so plausible.. aaaahhh
-Enjoy the lake of fire #er!

link   
Pffft! The bible is nothing more than a collection of badly written monotheistic propaganda that was loosely based on ancient Sumerian history. Jesus was nothing more than a member of a type IV civilization who tried to set us right, but his whole message got twisted into the evil politics of the Vatican, and was used as justification for atrocities that continue to this day.

If Anu himself were to come down to Earth and mete out judgment, I would accept whatever pronouncement was laid upon my name, but I would not be repentant. I was created in my makers' image, so I am who he is, and for better or worse, that's all there is!!!

link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
The Bible cannot be true, its filled with mind-exploding paradoxes.

So, you think because God doesn't obey human logic, the Bible can't be true? Your statement makes no sense.

It says in the Bible, repeatedly, that the ways of God are not the ways of Man; the thoughts of God are not the thoughts of Man.

Just because God created humans and human logic doesn't mean that God is a human or even especially logical. The ways of God are mysterious. Says so in the Bible, it makes no pretense of logic.

But then, if you'd read the Bible, you'd know that.

— Doc Velocity

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

So you think the self-contradictions of the Bible are because God is ineffective and mysteriously random rather than logical? You don't think it more likely the book was penned by flawed primitive men?

So God is allowed to be both patently evil (child murderer), illogical and all-good all-loving and all-knowing? If a perfect God writes a perfect book I expect it to be perfect but the Bible has logical inconsistencies, self-contradictions, a horrifyingly evil moral code (involving killing children that talk back, people that work on the Sabbath and women who aren't virgins when they get married) and scientific and historical inaccuracies.

The flaws in the Bible are the result of the stories therein being written by men.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

It is amazing to me how many there are who scoff at the Bible.

There has been scoffers for 2000 plus years, so why would you think the end of days will happen during your life time?

I find it funny how so many think so much will happen while they are alive...kind of a self-centered thing I guess.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
This Nation was once considered a Christian Nation.

But, now the Commander in Chief has stated this is no longer a Christian Nation. And, he has on more than one occasion mocked the Bible.

Since the Commander in Chief is the leader of this Nation then the people will follow.

Any want proof? Do your own research!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Cor Leonis

Basically the only ones who want us to be a Christian nation are, well, Christians.

We've never really lived by Christian principles otherwise instead of being in Iraq and Afghanistan we would have merely turned the other cheek to the terrorists. And what about that whole stealing the continent right from under the Native Americans, how Christ-like of us

As for the Bible, it has very little to do with our Constitution or our laws and most of the Founding Fathers were Deists who believed God was like a watchmaker who didn't get involved after winding his creation. If we did use the Bible as a template for our nation's laws and rights we'd be killing witches and stoning people, unless we only counted Jesus's teachings, which, again, I point to the turn the other cheek thing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join