It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mankind should ramp up efforts towards contact.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Mankind as a civilization needs to accept the reality that we may not be the only intelligent life in the universe. If we ignore this reality we are simply fooling ourselves. Worse yet, we are using arrogance, self pride, and ignorance as an excuse to ignore the universe around us. This is not the enlightenment that mankind strives for in understanding the universe and our existence on planet earth.

Ramping up the search for extraterrestrial life would be a proactive way to show our interest in the universe around us. SETI alone is not enough. There needs to be more action taken in regards to this search. It may lead to communication with other intelligent civilizations which may be greatly educational and beneficial to mankind in the long run. However, as critics may say, it could be detrimental to mankind as well, but rather than being cynical, IMO we should take the chance and hope for the best. Fear and ignorance is not the path to enlightenment.

Comments?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
And if ET visitation has already occurred (which IMO, it most likely has), there needs to be public disclosure about this so that there can be greatly increased discussion and research regarding this contact with intelligent ET life.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Mankind should ramp up efforts towards contact.

well I dont know what else to do.
I go outside at night about twice a week
and look up at the stars and ask them
to make contact with me, but they don't
seem to be listening or don't care.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong

anybody got any tips ???

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
We dont need to look for them. Quit sending out signals. is everyone on ATS retarded? We could possibly be inviting the big bad wolf into our house!

Thats why major scientists such as stephen hawking and michio kaku are telling us...DONT CALL THEM!

We have no idea what thse aliens might be like.

But the majority of you are entirely convinced they will come down here and sing kum-ba-ya. YOU ARE FOOLS.

Many of you rail against religion and faith....but it takes just as much faith to believe a ALIEN is peaceful as it does to believe in a god.

You people are gonna get us all killed.

WE NEED TO WAIT.

wait until our technology is WAAAAYYYY more advanced then now.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by tauempire]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Viper2

I'm sure there are already people in contact with extraterrestrial life. It's probably not good to try to contact, as it would distort our natural progression through evolution, and could possibly lead to genocide.

We need to focus on getting disclosure or declassification for this, if not push for laws prohibiting government compliance with any alien beings. The Trilateral Commission has already released alien technology and called it their own.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
The problem with making contact is if contact was made, it would probably take a couple hundred years if not thousands of years just to have a basic conversation. Cant just send a email or text message and expect a instant reply.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I think they've been here a while. If they haven't, I'd rather not be the dumb lunker splashing my tail at the fisherman, know what I mean? You don't know if we're friends or food to whoever might be out there.

Besides, we have a lot bigger fish to fry than that right now.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
To those espousing the Hawkings/Kaku line of "don't contact them, they may be hostile!", the fact is that they may not be. Both are valid arguments because, frankly, we don't know.
It's an unknown and will remain so until we try.

Either way, fear of the unknown has never been a legitimate reason to curb exploration and discovery. If it were then there would be no computers, no cars, no electricity, no civilization.
We'd still be living in caves.

When did humanity lose it's sense of adventure?

Edit: fixing poor mobile text prediction.

[edit on 5/26/2010 by dethduck]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
People ARE making contact. C2C just mentioned a couple of people two weeks ago. One of them was Lyssa Royal Holt, who just happens to be leading a live webcast on the evening of Saturday June 5th.

See here: www.paranormalmatrix.tv....

They've been promoting it for a week now:

A LIVE webcast.. with video.. it's even for FREE! What would happen with thousands of minds across the globe linked with the same purpose?!

[edit on 26-5-2010 by MrHajji]

[edit on 26-5-2010 by MrHajji]

new topics

top topics

join