It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conversions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
oops thought i was on weaponry section there my mistake just ignore pleas

Hi, everyone.

Ive heard that you may be able to convert blank firing guns in to actual working models. Ive got a number of blank firing guns that i love just as they are. I would be willing to sacrifice one trying to convert it if i knew how to do it. Got a feeling it might be too much hard work any way, or you'll need some special equipment.

Anyway does anyone know how its done and has anyone had any experience with a converted gun. What are they like, reliable, dangerouse?

Would love to find out before butchering one of my beauties trying this out.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by KrypticCriminal]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
www.westernstageprops.com...

Take a look at the link. Most blank firing guns are just for show and would be a safety hazard if converted. IMO a cheap .22 or 9mm would be well worth the money than a hospital visit.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by belidged

Thanks a lot for the link. I nver thought they would have been made with different alloys. Definately an accident waitng to happen. Ah well my replicas will have to do.

Guess my dreams of owning a working model will remain that way for now.

Thanks again.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

Um, why can't you find a real firearm?

Underage, in a gun hating nation? If that's the case, glad you asked before you blew yourself up or wound up in prison.

If you live in the US, save NYC, Chicago, or CA. Take a gun safety course, and GO BUY a legal firearm. Not that hard, I do it all the time, well, maybe more than I should.

It is your God given right to protect yourself, not to circumvent laws or kill yourself.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by salchanra

No im from the uk. Although i own a shotgun liscence, as you can imagine its realy hard to get your hands on actual working models. My gun club that i go to has'nt even got them so thats why i thought about taking this route.

Just to experience the real thing for a change.

Ive decided against it now though.

new topics

top topics

join