It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton due in S.Korea as cross-border tensions rise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Clinton due in S.Korea as cross-border tensions rise

www.vancouversun.com

SEOUL - U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was due in Seoul Wednesday in a show of support for South Korea, as tensions rose sharply on the peninsula after North Korea cut all ties with its neighbour.

The communist state late Tuesday announced it was breaking all links in protest at claims that it had torpedoed one of Seoul's warships.

The North said it would expel South Korean officials from a jointly run industrial estate at Kaesong north of the border, and ban South Korean ships and planes from its territorial waters and airspace.

The announcement was the latest step in a con
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Things sure seem to be heating up over there and one has to wonder just what Hillary can / will be doing over there ?

Seeing how she has just left China I would guess that she will be telling South Korea just what the US and SK will be doing , based on her conversations with China .

Seeing just how many times NK has threatened war and cried for attention in the past I have always passed off such acts as nothing more than a tantrum by the North in some attempt to get something .

This time around it seems different , this time it's the South pushing the envelope . Does this imply war is coming , perhaps but I still tend to doubt it .

By now I am sure that we all know that this new posture of the south is based on the sinking of one of there ship by the north . If this is a true account of what happened then one can see and understand just why the south is taking a much tougher stance towards the north , if this is some type of false flag then one has to wonder why now and what is the intended goal .

My guess is now that Hillary is done in China and headed to SK , if not there already , we won't have long to wait to see how this will unfold .

One thing that strikes me as a bit odd was seeing Little ill going to China , now Hillary ??

Another thing that I found a bit odd was how once it was stated that the north sunk the SK ship was how the north quickly rejoined the three party talks , talks that they had walked away from originally . Given , it could have been there attempt to make nice nice after the damming revelation .

Either way my feeling is that China is playing a much larger roll in all of this then we are being made aware of .

www.vancouversun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I'm skeptical to the idea that war will break out, but I do admit that I am following these updates with great interest.

Thank you for this, I am a modest history buff, and I must say it's looking a lot like the talks they had prior to the start of World War Two.

Throw in the economic dire straights the world is in, the possibility of a third world war doesn't look too far fetched.

I think that this the general consensus here on ATS.

I wish that the population of North Korea will someday soon see freedom, but I hope that it is not bought with many innocent lives.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
And now the witch wants more measures against North Korea to be really sure to start a war.

Clinton says U.S. reviewing additional options to hold N. Korea accountable

And the SK stock market finished in the green.

new topics

top topics

join