It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Exodus Plague and the Deep Horizon Blowout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Here's something I've been chewing on.

In the book of Exodus - second of the Pentatuch - there is a story about a plague that affected Egypt and caused the deaths of many people.

It started when contamination (probably something like a red tide) poisoned and de-oxygenated the water of the Nile river.

This de-oxygenation caused everything in the river either to die if it could not get out (fish), or escape if it could get out (frogs).

The resulting septic conditions caused by the death of the river and its inhabitants and by the displaced frogs brought about a plague of flies and of bacterial infection that caused skin lesions (and probably many other maladies) in the Egyptian population.

These infections caused the death of many people and crippled an empire.

It all started with a poisoned body of water.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
That will probably happen in the Gulf of Mexico, while the politicians and other assorted scumbags stand around picking their noses.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by incoserv

Originally posted by incoserv
It all started with a poisoned body of water.

That is a chilling observation.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
There was a history channel program that explained the exodus logically. They said it was probably caused by a Greek (I think) volcano that was erupting at that time. The volcanic chambers are connected to the nile and the gasses poisioned the water and dyed it red, which caused the creatures to flee the waters and plague the people. The program also explained the raining hail and fire of the plague was due to the ash cloud. They also state that God could have been using the natural volcanic occurences to plague the people and free the Jews. I'm not saying God has a part in the gulf.I'm just clarifying the program wasn't bashing on peoples beliefs.
About the gulf, I've been wondering if the people are planning on leaving, and if so, when would they go and where? Would they go at the last minute when they are forced out for safety or when there's nothing left because the ecosystem and the food chain has been messed up? Or are some leaving now? Where would the people be put if there was a mass exodus, in fema refugee camps? The situation is going to get worse with the oily wildlife turning into a posionous plague, and then there is the hurricane possiblity to worry about. If I was in there situation, I don't know what I'd do. It's kind of akin to one of our volcanoes up here, smoking. I know there's a good possibllity of danger, but I don't know when would be the right time to leave.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by collietta

I live near Baton Rouge. I am not currently tied down to a job, do not own a house and have no debt. I have been wondering if now is not a good time to get away from here. Far away.

Even if the stench and contamination does not make it this far inland, I remember the effect that the evacuation from New Orleans had on this area. If the entire coast is evacuated, this place will be a living hell.

Do I run, or stay so that I can be of help to my family and friends? Hard one.

As far as the connection to God's judgment, I think that usually, God doesn't have to judge. Our own hubris and greed do the job pretty well.

Jesus Christ said that wisdom is justified by her children (Luke 7:35). Foolishness is, likewise, shamed by hers.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
The main thing that will save Louisiana from the fate of the Egyptian Empire is the fact it isn't using the sea as its source of drinking water. Even if it wad creating fesh water with de-salination techniques, the salt membranes stop bacteria getting through.

Maybe if conditions were right, you might get a plague of flies from all the dead stuff? But I doubt that if it would happen, and surely if it would happen, it wouldn't happen much later than now.

The Spill is just a reminder to U.S that Bush was another president, who loved a low-regulation oil industry. He thought it was great because it saved the oil industry money, I just hope it costs BP enough money, to never cut corners again.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984

The main thing that will save Louisiana from the fate of the Egyptian Empire is the fact it isn't using the sea as its source of drinking water. Even if it wad creating fesh water with de-salination techniques, the salt membranes stop bacteria getting through.

Maybe if conditions were right, you might get a plague of flies from all the dead stuff? But I doubt that if it would happen, and surely if it would happen, it wouldn't happen much later than now.

The problem, as I see it, is not necessarily flies or bacteria. My mother has friends who live in towns nearer the coast (she mentioned Morgan City). They are telling her that the stench is already almost unbearable. That means that chemical vapors are reaching inland inhabitants. What effects might these alone have, let along the effects of a large body of dead, stagnant water right off the coast.

And it's not Louisiana that I see suffering the fate of the Egyptian empire. It's this whole country. We will all suffer and will all go down together.

The Spill is just a reminder to U.S that Bush was another president, who loved a low-regulation oil industry. He thought it was great because it saved the oil industry money, I just hope it costs BP enough money, to never cut corners again.

Bush, Obama, Republican, Democrat. Let's stop these partisan political games. They are all crooks and criminals. Obama is doing as much damage in this scenario today as Bush did during his administration. They are all culpable.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

They might get some disease in the area due to small creatures like flys and carrion eaters from dead things. But I'm also wondering what the effescts would be on the birds and other migratory creatures contaminating the whole ecosytem. If a bird eats a contminated fish, and then that bird gets eaten by a predator and so on, wouldn't that also destroy the ecosystem? Even if an oily bird dies and rots, wouldn't that poison the area it died in? Technically, wouldn't this effect a wider ecosystem than the shoreline? I don't know much about the south, but do you have salmon or similar creatures there? If our waters up here were poisoned, it would destroy the ecosytem far and wide because alot of creatures rely on the salmon runs.
I only have a rudimentary study of ecology, but I am going to school to learn more about it.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
whoops, double post.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by collietta]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
If it has anything to do with god and stuff is a question, but I've been waiting for the earth to kill us off! I think we have broken the pact with mother nature and we will soon pay for it, we have over poisoned the pool and soon our water will not be fit to drink. And most people don't care.

new topics

top topics

join