It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone feeling more melancholy than usual recently?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I wouldn't use the word "depressed" -- I think "melancholy" or "maudlin" would cover what I am attempting to express better.

For example, slightly corny things or stuff like particularly moving songs or movie scenes, etc. might be more apt to make you tear up, or you might spend more time reminiscing about the past, or feel heartache for something lost or days gone by; bitter nostalgia...that sort of thing.

I'm usually a pretty crusty and cynical guy but I've been feeling unreasonably "tender" and melancholy over the last week or so. Just tossing this out there to see if its a mass phenomenon or not.

[edit on 5/25/10 by silent thunder]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I will say things have been rather down recently but it is more of an off and on switch. I think it is has something to do with the cloudy and stormy weather down my way though. Need more sun, but I have only cried 23 tears and that was because of the Lost finale so I keen my man card.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
The world is shifting gears.... finally

One thing that humans have forgotten is that we are all connected.

Jesus once said to look at the ocean, look at the waves crash on the shore. Give each wave a name, Bob, bill, Jen, kelly, frank, steve, lana. Now look at the ocean and realize that the waves are all part of the same body.

He also said that we are all like rays of light coming from the sun. We are all connected.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Shadow Herder]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
yes, been quite melancholy lately, and even cried. But there were reasons beyond just a feeling. Still, in better times I think I would have gotten past troubling issues with a strength I am severaly lacking at the moment. I t could be I read ATS daily...I know it sure doesn't help, but I can't help it, I want to know the truth on a daily basis.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I wonder if there's female hormones being put in more stuff as of late- might explain it...

Be one way to keep a lot of us from going ape at the govt screwing us up...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
HAARP?

Ive been feeling 'off' the last few days. More sinus issues than ever before, reoccurring dreams, stiff joints... Whatever it is, it aint fun.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

I have enough without any govt help, thank you. Flouride, helps keep people calm, so I hear.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I've been in less of a social mood lately and I stay at home a lot even though there are many places and people I could go see.

But I am one who likes solitude sometimes in order to create art, garden, read, write or just to contemplate nature.

I'm not melancholy or depressed though. Just thoughtful and in my own "little world".

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Been feeling good about my personal life but somewhat concerned more than usual about stuff going on in the world. I am a nature photographer and nature is suffering a lot right now - I sometimes cry after a photo shoot.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Personally, I am just really grieved by what's happening in the gulf.
Today I had nightmares that I was trying to catch fish and put them in bean bowls to save them from the oil. The oil had crept into water everywhere. All the fish were dying and I was trying to save what I could as fast as I could. Oh jeez it was awful. It might sound silly but it was really, really awful.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I was a little depressed over the weekend, but the last 24 hours or so have been great. I would suggest checking your diet for possible sources of xenoestrogens.

I've been on a whole foods diet for the last couple of years, and the improvements have been steady since. At one point in time, my biochemistry was pretty out of whack, and I would tear up over the slightest things. This had to do with hormonal & mineral balances in part. Copper was waaaay too high in the brain, and zinc was low.

You could also try to add evening primrose oil, and high-grade fish oil to your diet. These are important building blocks nutritionally for your hormones.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Many people are feeling as you have described. Personally I believe its because we are resolved to enjoy the things we hold dear in the time we have left. Deep within each of us is the "knowing" of the swiftly comeing changes that will take place. Food shortages, earth changes, martial law, a failing economy, and the realization that the america we once knew is gone.These things will drive us to reach for what we hold dear.So, yes....we feel it too.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

I was watching video on this disaster this evening and had the same thought, "If I could only save all the fish" it was fleeting, but it hits you hard, I understand how you feel.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
I wouldn't use the word "depressed" -- I think "melancholy" or "maudlin" would cover what I am attempting to express better.

For example, slightly corny things or stuff like particularly moving songs or movie scenes, etc. might be more apt to make you tear up, or you might spend more time reminiscing about the past, or feel heartache for something lost or days gone by; bitter nostalgia...that sort of thing.

I'm usually a pretty crusty and cynical guy but I've been feeling unreasonably "tender" and melancholy over the last week or so. Just tossing this out there to see if its a mass phenomenon or not.

[edit on 5/25/10 by silent thunder]

Hey silent thunder. I'm not going to pretend to know exactly what you're going through, but I will offer some possible reasons with which you might relate.

1) You've passed the childhood to adult barrier. People think it is around 15 or 16, but it is really around 26 to 28. When we pass this barrier, we start to look at little kids as little kids and adults as our peers - and yet, we still see all of our peers as kids. We realize that whatever direction we thought we were going is utterly vain.

2) You are like some of us and are so frustrated and angry that TPTB are humans that do not care in the least about the rest of us. You think, "They could survive easily on a few million dollars and give it a rest! Who needs so much power and influence? What is their motive? Why do they not care if other people suffer at all? I should worry about myself. What about myself? I am responsible for my actions, I know, but these people.... these people!"

3) You have a possible chemical imbalance due to drugs and/or alcohol.

4) You wish for a fictional world that could be so real if people wanted it to but it seems it never will because people are so stuck up their selfish rear-ends.

5) You want a disasater to happen now to get it all over with because all things in life are vanity if we are facing imminent disaster and you just want to know how much time you have left so you know what to do with yourself and your family and your friends.

I decided to stop thinking of alternative scenarios.

But, just so you know, for me, it's all of the above. And as for #3, in case people wonder, it's due to alcohol - not drugs.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies, people. Appreciate it.

I'm guessing in my particular case its a physical issue of some sort. My body is a wreck in general, and has been for a long time. These episodes come and go, I've learned to put up with it for the most part.

But this time for some reason I have the sneaking feeling its at least partially something in the collective psyche...maybe I'm deluding myself but I get the "vibe" that what I am feeling is bigger than myself. Magantice's post is interesting...I do get the feeling somehow "everybody knows" soemthing is coming to an end, whether or not they admit it. Then again, I've been anticipating he imminant arrival of the "TSHTF" since the 70s at least and life trundles on...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Totally. I feel almost like there's stuff everyday that I can associate with the past, bad things I've done, etc. Lately has just been emotional hell for alot of people. But whatever, if we are still living right now, then we still have a purpose.

Have a good day!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
The world is shifting gears.... finally

One thing that humans have forgotten is that we are all connected.

Jesus once said to look at the ocean, look at the waves crash on the shore. Give each wave a name, Bob, bill, Jen, kelly, frank, steve, lana. Now look at the ocean and realize that the waves are all part of the same body.

He also said that we are all like rays of light coming from the sun. We are all connected.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Shadow Herder]

More proof of what you say right here, on a very spooky level.

Can this black box see the future ?

The global consciousness project makes ppl wonder if there is
something akin to george lucas's "the force" or something else
with religious connotations.

new topics

top topics

join