It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100-Year-Old Government Hemp Farm Diaries To Be Revealed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I love the irony of it all...
www.tokeofthetown.com...

Never-before seen journals found recently at a garage sale outside Buffalo, N.Y., chronicle the life of Lyster Dewey, who tended a United States government hemp farm in the 19th and 20th centuries...

...If the "Arlington" part of that name sounds familiar -- as in Arlington National Cemetery -- that's because the acreage used to grow the hemp was handed over to the War Department in the 1940s for construction of the world's largest office building: the Pentagon.

So in addition to the already-known intertwining of the noble hemp plant and U.S. history, now it is revealed that the very location of the Pentagon itself was once covered with verdant fields of cannabis.

So here's a picture of what the pentagon really should still look like...

The genesis of the diaries' discovery was last summer at a yard sale in Amherst, N.Y., 15 minutes outside Buffalo, where a history buff named David Sitarski was looking for artifacts.
Sitarski paid $130 for the diaries and one of two photo albums, thinking they pertained to the history of Buffalo. He said he would have bought the second album, but another man got it before he did.

Six months later, according to Sitarski, his wife spotted their yard-sale rival while running errands. Sitarski jumped out of the car and talked the man into selling the photo album to him complete his set. The seller casually mentioned that there were hemp pictures included.

Starting to realize the historical value of his find, but still not realizing the Pentagon connection, Sitarski listed the material on eBay, asking $10,000.
Enter Michael Krawitz, a 47-year-old disabled veteran from Ferrum, Va., who has for a decade been planning a hemp museum .
Krawitz noticed Sitarski's listing but couldn't afford it -- but the Hemp Industries Association could, with the help of benefactor David Bronner, president of Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps. The company has grown from a $5 million outfit to a $31 million company in the past decade since adding hemp oil to its products to produce a smoother lather.

Bronner, who was arrested in October after planting hemp seeds on the lawn at DEA headquarters, eventually negotiated a buying price of $4,000 for the historical treasure trove.

"It's kind of ironic that we dug up DEA's lawn to plant hemp seeds and highlight the absurdity of the Drug War, but you take it back 50 years and that's what the government itself was doing," Bronner said from the Southern California headquarters of Dr. Bronner's.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by alaskan]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
hahaha. This is so wonderfully ironic! I think it's neat that it was discovered from journals bought at a garage sale.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
thats so awsome.

wake up folks, its the most valueble resource on the planet.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I see this being the most sought after resource in the post-apocalyptic ending of oil.

It would and should have been hemp from the very get go and we were robbed of that. It almost seems we've been stagnated in a certain area of life and society because of this "war" on hemp.

Bull# I'm gonna roll one now.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Your_Number_One_Fan]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
If history repeats itself, then I can't wait (in this place) for it to hurry up!

"When" the current dictatorship is overthrown (by either the ballot box; or perhaps "tax strike protest") I wonder if hemp will grow once again on the Pentagon lawns?
If in oldv age I do around the future, and see this image; I will know the world will be of one, of peace, and the "ATS generation" it's government!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
You replied to my post on the DEA burning Thomas Jefferson's opium plants, so I thought I might bump your thread because I think this is an important piece of information. Every American should know about this. Peace.

new topics

top topics

join