It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

26 chickens found beheaded at North Pole coop

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

26 chickens found beheaded at North Pole coop

www.adn.com

Twenty-six chickens were mysteriously beheaded at a North Pole chicken coop this week. Then things got weird...

"There's no sign of the heads," Peters said. "They took the heads with them."

The carcasses had been laid out in a roughly 12- to 15-foot line on the ground with a circular arrangement of corpses at one end, in something of a lollipop pattern

Read more: www.adn.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5/25/2010 by Blaine91555]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
OK, what say you ATS? Aliens? Witches? Voodoo? Satan Worshipers?

Only three chickens survived the carnage. The crime is a Felony.

I don't know what to say with this one. North Pole, Alaska is near Fairbanks and right next to the Air Force Base.

Anyone know of any rituals that would match this?

www.adn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Thank god there was no photo. I was afraid to click on this thread.

The article says the chicken heads were tore off. Tore off? Whoever did this was sickening and I hope they get caught.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
My question; How did they do this without waking every last person in a 3 mile radius???? Chickens do NOT go quietly into the night!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Beheaded Chicken found at grave.

The sacrifice appears to be a ritual related to Santeria. In this case, it was a chicken that was beheaded.

Could this be Santeria?

Santeria on the Wiki.

Santería is a system of beliefs that merge the Yoruba religion (brought to the New World by slaves imported to the Caribbean to work the sugar plantations) with Roman Catholic and Native American traditions.[2] These slaves carried with them various religious traditions, including a trance for communicating with their ancestors and deities, animal sacrifice and sacred drumming.

In Cuba, this religious tradition has evolved into what we now recognize as Santería. In 2001, there were an estimated 22,000 practitioners in the US alone,[5] but the number may be higher as some practitioners may be reluctant to disclose their religion on a government census or to an academic researcher.

Another Possibility? Less Likely Though.

Paul Katz, National Central University

While an impressive body of research has been undertaken on the judicial aspects of the Chinese underworld, as well as Chinese legal history, few scholars have paid attention to the ways in which China’s chthonic deities (especially the City God, the Emperor of the Eastern Peak, and the Bodhisattva Ksitigarbha) also administered justice for the living in their own temples. In this paper, I undertake a preliminary study of divine justice in Taiwan during the Japanese Occupation era (1895–1945) by examining various chicken-beheading rituals (zhan jitou) staged at local temples to chthonic deities. We are fortunate in that the Japanese ethnographers and officials recorded some performances of these rites, and much of my analysis will be based on these accounts. In addition, I also explore the links between chicken-beheading rituals and ancient rites such as blood oaths (xuemeng). The paper concludes by considering the ways in which these rituals both reflected and attempted to cope with social or psychological tensions, as well as their theoretical significance for scholars of Chinese and world religions.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

No idea, although the article did ask if they got interrupted due to the three survivors. Weird stuff.

Santeria seems the most likely explanation.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Wow, it takes a certain mindset to practice a ritual like this. What is the expected outcome?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Santeria sacrifice in Hoboken?
Disturbing photo's be advised -

I’ve heard stories about animal offerings taking place in the streets of Hoboken.

Today, over at 13th & Madison St., a decapitated chicken lies in a pool of it’s own blood (and next to it’s head). The feet were bound.

Was this missed opportunity for a delicious chicken sandwich a Santería ritual

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
North Pole Chicken Killer

There's a chicken killer loose in North Pole. He doesn't use a knife.

There used to be 29 white chickens living in a backyard coop in a pretty neighborhood shaded by spruce trees 20 minutes south of Fairbanks. Today, there are three chickens left, understandably traumatized by the carnage they witnessed.

Another source for the story.

I have no idea what this is about. Santeria is just the first thing that popped up.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
My question; How did they do this without waking every last person in a 3 mile radius???? Chickens do NOT go quietly into the night!

That is a good point. I have no thoughts other than the farms in that area are in the sticks and it's not unusual to have a patch of woods between properties. We are talking near Fairbanks in the middle of nowhere here.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Creepy. Poor chickens

Kind of reminds me of the beginning of '30 days of night' where they come in and kill the dogs off first and all the communication to the town.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I used to have some friends that were practicing Santeria. I could be mistaken, but I don't think the sacrifice works if the chickens are not your own. Very, very basically, if they needed money, they would gived whatever money they had to the idol and wait for it to be returned (about 3 days). If they needed food, they would offer up what they had to the idol. Etc., etc. I don't think it would work if it wasn't their own sacrifice, and I think the chickens would have to have been laid at the feet or offering plate of some idol, typically St. Barbara.

Who knows though? Craxy people do crazy things that don't make sense, so it could be some bastardized version or amateurs?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Yeah, I'm not finding any connection or significance to the number 26.
It is just a shot in the dark.

Obviously a ritual though, for some reason.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Man that is horrible! Those poor chickens! I hope they are able to catch the weirdo responsible.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Was there any evidence of tracks? Bigfoot?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Their Chicken's.

Millions are killed every day , by less humane means than beheading.

Must be a slow news day, if this is breaking News.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Santeria isn't the only belief that takes part in sacrifices, and as someone said in Santeria this is actually a very BAD thing to do considering whoever did this didn't do it to their own chickens.

My bet is that it is either a hoaxer running around cutting chicken heads off, or some sketchy occultist activity.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Yes they are, but where are the heads. This is like a bad Stephen King Novel

If this is not Alternative News, what is?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

Could be the next Mass Murderer like that guy who fed everyone to the Pigs in Canada. Who knows. Hopefully they will keep us updated.

I keep trying to imagine just what you do with 26 chicken heads.

Usually just the heads gone means a Raccoon or a Mink or Ferret. They are after the eggs though and these were future fryers.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The Feds should send those three surviving chickens down to Gitmo for interogation..

They are hiding the truth. I even bet they did it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join