It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archaeologists Unearth 7,000-Year-Old Swastika in North-western Bulgaria

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Well, as a Hindu myself, I can tell you that growing up in the UK, I would see the Swastika displayed in Hindu temples, especially during weddings. The way that I remember it being displayed was in red paint with four dots in between the right angles. I would say that this symbol isn't as widely displayed as the OM symbol, but it is still regarded as very ancient, mystical and important. I have noticed that the symbol isn't displayed that much in North American temples, the very few that I've visited, I guess due to the stigma that's talked about in this thread.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by White2098
That is not a Swastika it's a peace symbol...

ancienthistory.about.com...

You're exactly right.

Which should tell everyone a little something about Adolph's Marketing Department (Joe Goebbles) and how the population in Germany was lead astray with "hope" and "change" for their country and also eliminating those pesky "terrorist" who burnt down the Reichstag.

Is anybody else drawing parallels here? Anybody, anybody? Beuller?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

Yes you make a great point

Hitler was a master deceiver of his time(sound familiar). I'm not gonna go all Beck on this though haha. It is pretty fascinating to find the symbol at such an ancient time in our known history. I'd love to see some biographies on this symbol and its true origins!

[edit on 5/26/2010 by White2098]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The Swastika depicts the two poles N/S as a vortex with the perpendicular voids being electromagnetic current drawn to it. This was the simplest way to detail our Universe.

Plenty of material in here:

The Americanist

You'll find information inside those blogs (view all).

As additional reference (youtube or google search terms):

Dale Pond - Keely, SVP
Marko Rodin - (look for a 44pt Lecture Series) Vortex Math Model
Nassim Haramein - Vector Based Geometry

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Americanist]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Actually regardless of which way the swastika is oriented it holds the same meaning in the indian religions and culture. Whether its tilted or not doesn't matter, its still a symbol of luck/sun. As part of nazi mysticism "vril" or the "black sun" was a large part. Perhaps that's why the nazis reversed the swastika (sun sign) from the commonly found orientation. Much like an inverted cross has the opposite meaning. An interesting note that not many may be aware of regarding the nazis and the roman salute, whenever the pledge of allegiance was introduced in the unites states the proper way to salute the flag was with the roman salute! This was changed during WWII in light of the nazis use of it. I'll find the link to that tidbit and post it in a moment.
~edit to add~
www.democraticunderground.com...

[edit on 26-5-2010 by azrael36]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Uh, guys.
I think we have a problem.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/53893f8fbfda.jpg[/atsimg]

Hitler is 7,000 years old!

- Lee

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The word "Swastika" itself is about well being.
"Swast" is a word we (me being from india) use often.
Sw- Good/well, asti- to be... Well being.

When i was looking up Swastika, i found out on wikipedia that the Vinca Script which is considered to be one of the oldest scripts in Europe has a Swastika Symbol in it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/31f46ad0209a.jpg[/atsimg]

Also, what does the other image on the first line , which is highlighted look like?? interesting isn't it?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Well, Thank you all for contributing.

Many interesting thoughts have been offered.

Now with the "Speculation" which has revolved around Hitler, I am wondering NOW, if he really did "Take" the Swastika from India at all, as we all seemingly understood.

Hitler, as a youth, spent time within Museums, and if I recall, actually worked in one in Austria. This was of course where he became ensnared with the Spear that Pierced Christ's Side during His time upon the Cross.

I wonder, (ALOUD SO YOU ALL CAN READ), if there was any other "Swastikas" to be found from ANY Period in these Collections, that a Young Hitler could have seen while working at or visiting these Museums?

Maybe he didn't need to go that far for the Source.

If he was capiable of finding out the Swastika meant Good Luck, as he was able to discern the Spear of Destiny would grant him POWER over his enemies, then maybe it was just part of the master plan.

Just speculating for the sake of it.

Ciao

Shane

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shane
I wonder, (ALOUD SO YOU ALL CAN READ), if there was any other "Swastikas" to be found from ANY Period in these Collections, that a Young Hitler could have seen while working at or visiting these Museums?

Maybe he didn't need to go that far for the Source.

Alternatively, he might have known somebody who had a copy of one of Rudyard Kipling's books. Apparently it was quite normal for Kipling to put swastikas on the covers.

I've got one in front of me now; Jungle Book, printed 1932 (one of my father's school prizes). There's an elephant's head (in profile) on the front cover, and a swastika clearly attached to the middle of his forehead.

So even as an "Indian" symbol, it was evidently well known in the West.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Great find. It's amazing where this symbol has reached. Although it's image has been tarnished, it has always brought good luck in my house. We use it for all our rituals even during puja. Maybe this shows that Ancient India had much more of an influence in the world that we know of.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 1   >>

join