It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm never hungry anymore?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Just out of interest, wondering if the OP takes any health suppliments?
I'm not a big eater at the best of times, but when I took a course of 5htp (which is found in cheese), I noticed after the very first day my appetite disapeared, I could deal with fruit and protein, but I really struggled to eat anything carby.

This was while I was in Eurodisney in the summer time, so I've never been sure if it was a sympton of the heat, the poor quality of disney food, or the 5htp, or even a little of all 3

But yeah, I'd take a look into side affects of any suppliments you may be taking, the back of the bottle and the staff at the stores are no help in general.
For instance I was sold the afore mention pills, and 1000mg vitamin B3 (i think) tablets at the same time, but wasn't warned that the 5htp had B3 in it already... over dosing on vitamins is not as healthy as it sounds

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by C11H17N2NaO2S
Listen to yourself!

You eat when you are hungry.

You stop when you are full.

You sleep when you are tired.

Im sure people have been doing this for a long time.

I have never met anyone who does not.

I took it a step further....I shower when i am dirty and breath when I need too.

You should try those two things i just mentioned. Open yourself right up!!!!

last time i took a good look around. people eat schedualed times even if they are hungry or not, and dont stop until its finished, not when they are full

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxSteiner
Just out of interest, wondering if the OP takes any health suppliments?
I'm not a big eater at the best of times, but when I took a course of 5htp (which is found in cheese), I noticed after the very first day my appetite disapeared, I could deal with fruit and protein, but I really struggled to eat anything carby.

This was while I was in Eurodisney in the summer time, so I've never been sure if it was a sympton of the heat, the poor quality of disney food, or the 5htp, or even a little of all 3

But yeah, I'd take a look into side affects of any suppliments you may be taking, the back of the bottle and the staff at the stores are no help in general.
For instance I was sold the afore mention pills, and 1000mg vitamin B3 (i think) tablets at the same time, but wasn't warned that the 5htp had B3 in it already... over dosing on vitamins is not as healthy as it sounds

I live in Vancouver Canada and we are jsut getting summer weather now, a lot of people i been talkign to said this can happen to vegans who eat mostly raw in the summer. i do not take any suppliments, i get everything i need.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hautmess

Do you have a poor sense of smell and taste? If so, it's probably zinc deficiency. Very common in the U.S.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

Do you have a poor sense of smell and taste? If so, it's probably zinc deficiency. Very common in the U.S.

no and no, nothing is wrong,, again i have fully researched over the last couple years how to be a healthy vegan able to recieve all the nutrients, vitamins and minerals needed..... which i am.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Sounds like a touchy subject for you. Sorry for offending you. Do you mind if I ask where you get adequate zinc from? I'm just curious.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Sounds like a touchy subject for you. Sorry for offending you. Do you mind if I ask where you get adequate zinc from? I'm just curious.

High zinc foods include

most nuts like Cashews, Pecans, Almonds, Walnuts, you can also get it from organic products with bran, whole wheat flour, corn and cornmeal... its in spinach, asparagus, lima beans, lentils, most peas including chick peas...

which prior to the previous 2 days on not eating because my body hasnt felt hungry, many combinations of these ingredients are included in each meal and snack. people dont understand that the protiens and calciums and other essential minerals that animals get are not from other animals but from their nut and leaf diets. you never hear of an elephant having a protien defficency or chicken who are low on calcium.. animals in general which are used for their protien and calcium sources, gain these from plant life and nuts and put the nutrients into eggs and milk because obviously a developing baby, before and after birth, would have a hard time digesting nuts and finding food... and no worries about offending me, i do not get offended

[edit on 26-5-2010 by hautmess]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Okay, well at least the nuts you mentioned have much higher copper than zinc. I'm not sure about the rest. My point is that the way many nutritionists currently think about food is black and white bs. It's not merely RDA that you need to get, it's a balance between nutrients. Even if you think you may be getting the RDA for zinc, you could still be zinc deficient. Especially if you're eating a lot of nuts.

I went on a vegetarian diet not too long ago, and ended up going totally bonkers. I was eating a lot of sources high in copper, and not so high in zinc. Had a hair test done and it showed a copper level of 210, with reference ranges of 10-28, putting me 3sd over norm.

Anyways, just trying to help out. If you're not experiencing weak smell or taste then there's probably no worries there. I wasn't even aware of my weak sense of taste/smell until I started to gain it back. Then I realized how tremendous the difference was.

Just in case you decide to take a look into this:

Copper Toxicity

Anorexia and copper. Another common symptom is a lack of appetite or some degree of anorexia. Excessive copper tends to shut off the appetite, whereas zinc is required for the appestat mechanism in the brain. Zinc is also needed for an acute sense of taste and smell. The anorexia situation ends to be the worst in teenagers. For one thing, they are under more stress than younger children in many cases. Also, their diets are often low in quality proteins such as meats that are rich in zinc. Instead, they eat a lot of carbohydrates such as pizza that actually interfere with zinc uptake in the intestines. This combination can be lethal for some teenage girls, in particular.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Okay, well at least the nuts you mentioned have much higher copper than zinc. I'm not sure about the rest. My point is that the way many nutritionists currently think about food is black and white bs. It's not merely RDA that you need to get, it's a balance between nutrients. Even if you think you may be getting the RDA for zinc, you could still be zinc deficient. Especially if you're eating a lot of nuts.

I went on a vegetarian diet not too long ago, and ended up going totally bonkers. I was eating a lot of sources high in copper, and not so high in zinc. Had a hair test done and it showed a copper level of 210, with reference ranges of 10-28, putting me 3sd over norm.

Anyways, just trying to help out. If you're not experiencing weak smell or taste then there's probably no worries there. I wasn't even aware of my weak sense of taste/smell until I started to gain it back. Then I realized how tremendous the difference was.

Just in case you decide to take a look into this:

Copper Toxicity

Anorexia and copper. Another common symptom is a lack of appetite or some degree of anorexia. Excessive copper tends to shut off the appetite, whereas zinc is required for the appestat mechanism in the brain. Zinc is also needed for an acute sense of taste and smell. The anorexia situation ends to be the worst in teenagers. For one thing, they are under more stress than younger children in many cases. Also, their diets are often low in quality proteins such as meats that are rich in zinc. Instead, they eat a lot of carbohydrates such as pizza that actually interfere with zinc uptake in the intestines. This combination can be lethal for some teenage girls, in particular.

Thankyou for the information my friend. i'm not exactly sure as to why i am not getting hungry. i've noticed it for a while but i still have ate, but i was encouraged to listen to my body from many sources, and many sources said this is not a health issue.. i personally felt like it may be connected to something deeper then diet and more so as to my awareness and sense of being awaken to the world and energies around me.. i have been so positive and in a feeling of love over the last year that it is a energy source on its own..

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
how can you not eat bacon?
i mean seriosuly, its so good.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I have also been eating vegan for a little over a year, and my appetite seems to be entirely dependent on how much exercise I get.

On days I go for a jog or hit the gym, my appetite ranges from normal to enormous. If I go for a couple of days without getting much physical activity, I don't have much of an appetite.

There have been a few weeks where I am so bogged down with school & work that I don't exercise for two weeks straight. I completely lose my appetite and it becomes pretty hard to make myself eat. Usually I still feel fine, but after a week of consuming too few calories I crashed, visibly lost weight & became very lethargic.

It was very uncomfortable to make myself eat without an appetite, so I turned it in to a positive by using the knowledge that I will lose my appetite if I don't get enough exercise.

If you do start to find yourself wearing down, I would suggest you try getting more exercise. There is also a well known herbal remedy for anorexia aka loss of appetite.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by JohnnyTHSeed]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
OP, I know exactly what you mean...

I'm hardly ever hungry....days can go by and I won't eat, just because I don't feel like it. I've always been the same weight (well, my adult life) I'm 5'4 & weigh between 48 & 49 kilograms. My weight never differs. When I do eat it's really small meals.

You need to be careful though- a long time ago, when I was a waitress I used to work the morning shift. I can't eat early in the morning, so the day would go by, and being so busy between 8 and 10, never had time to eat even when I did start feeling hungry. When my shift ended at 3pm- I would be left feeling extremely nauseous, and could not touch food. This went on for a while and eventually I ended up at the doctors office. I was in extreme pain...

In any case- I think you need to make time to eat, at least once a day- because I know not eating did cause a problem for me. Your hunger eventually passes but for me eventually turns into nausea which leaves me unable to eat for a couple of days. I don't think that is good for your body.

Right now- I only eat once a day and that's dinner. The rest of the day I just don't feel hungry...

Another thing- go and have your blood type tested and try to eat according to that...

One more - When I stopped smoking marijuana, my appetite just disappeared. Otherwise I was eating like a truck driver- never even picked up a kilo.

[edit on 21/04/10 by jinx880101]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I havent had an appetite for awhile now, I usually wait untill my body becomes weak and I'm in a bad mood, and make a protein shake. Other than that I prolly only eat one meal a day, two tops.

I miss my appetite, I think it may be due to getting on, and then coming off of certain medications.

I also went pure vegan for a week once. Only vegetables actually, with flax seed mixed in. After about five days I felt like I reached freakin Zen. I was barely eating yet my body and mind felt stronger and clearer than ever.

But then again being vegan how CAN you have an appetite ?? sorry but my mouth doesn't salivate when thinking about a celery stick. .... unless its acompanying a cheeseburger as some sort of garnish.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Totally have to agree with you! For me it also started about a month ago. I'm 26 and have been a (moderate) junk food eater for almost my entire life until the beginning of May. Still weighing 70kg @ 185cm just like before, but today all I need on a daily basis is a slice of bread or two and a glass of milk, or some equivalent of that. Maybe add a bar of chocolate or some candy/snack every few days, but that's about it. No more meat, no more fatty stuff, only, dare I say, basic prison food
I also feel exactly the same afterwards as before: neither hungy, nor sedated. I just eat because I know I should, but I don't really believe anymore that we really have to - my body is my best indicator for that.

Been drinking slightly more water than before though, about 2-3 litres a day now vs. 1.5l before. Oddly enough, sugared drinks like coke don't taste that good anymore though I've been drinking this stuff almost daily for 4/5th of my life. Same goes for cigarettes: been smoking since I was 14 but around 2 weeks ago they just started tasting like sh*t so I automatically reduced it from about a pack a day to around half of that. Guess I'm gonna give it up completely some time soon... maybe, maybe not. It's still enjoyable/relaxing despite the altered, bad taste. Same goes for cannabis, been a dopehead since I was 18-19 and since then I was never really able to make pauses longer than a week or two, but now this just goes very easily. Maybe I'm just bored of it, maybe not, I don't know, it just happened to overlap with the changes in the other habits, no more craving whatsoever.

I have also been on a quite intense spiritual journey for almost 2 years now and I guess it's true what they say: Our bodies ARE changing to crystalline form (doesn't matter how weird that may sound to unintroduced people, google it for yourselves or just leave it as is for now) and we (humans) ARE going to be able to nurture ourselves by light and thought alone, some earlier, some later. Guess we're somewhat forerunners on that matter, and I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one having this experience.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Moved
edit on 1-5-2011 by Tygart because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

April 3rd a friend of mine told me of this 17 day diet. A friend of hers...( I know..friend of a friend : ) anyway....a friend of her had come to her house the other day and this woman had lost a huge amount of weight since she had last seen her 2 weeks before. The woman told her all about this 17 day diet...its basically a deal where you do 4 cycles of 17 days following this particular diet plan. You stay on cycles 1 and 2 until you reach 10lbs from your goal weight. Then cycle 3 is for the last 10 lbs and cycle 4 is to help you maintain your weight. I am 5 foot..very short, and after my second child I went down hill....completely stopped excersizing and did not watch what I ate...at all. My main source of fluid was coca cola and coffee. ..along with venti white chocolate mochas and frappacinos. Not. Good. Its been 17 days and I've lost 20lbs! however...there is something really really weird...from the beginning I had absolutely no craving for coca cola at all....none...no coffee either...and no caffeine headache...as a matter of fact I get a huge migrane if I drink either of the 2 now.

I also started to notice something else....I'm not hungry. At all. I have to set a timer to make myself..remind myself to eat...and when I do? its snack portions. Breakfast so far has been either a 6oz coffee cup of yogurt ( I make my own) or a piece of fruit..or 2 scrambled eggs..or hard boiled..etc etc..you get the picture. I'll grab a handful of something in between breakfast and lunch. Lunch has been salad or veggies with dip. Dinner ...I've pretty much been eating the same thing there as well...either chicken or seafood and salad....or veggies. But, my point is...I could go without eating it...I'm basically eating it because I know I have to. The diet also calls for 8-10 8oz of water, and 3 cups of green tea. I am of course going to the bathroom like crazy..but...and this may be TMI...there are no other bathroom breaks if you catch my meaning....

another thing as well..and it may have nothing to do with anything...starting last thursday..I've had this crazy sensation..I wake up and there's something I'm suppose to do..somewhere I'm suppose to be...and yet...I have no idea what that "something" is. My husband will ask..."wanna meet for lunch?" (totally normal) and I have to stop and think for a second, because I know there is something else I'm suppose to be doing? but have no idea what that is...I feel very strongly I am missing something or forgetting something. Odd?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Nkinga

Hi I was looking for info. on something else came across your old post.
Just wondering, what was the diet, and did you work out what you were supposed to be doing, how did that go?

Cheers

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join