It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm never hungry anymore?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
So i been trying to get more in tune with my body, eating when hungry, stopping when i'm full and sleeping when i'm tired.. one of the many many many MANy thought and life changes within the last couple years. the last couple years i been on a very spiritual awakening journey so to speak. I been vegan for over a year now and over the last month i been trying to eat more raw, hopefully eventually going to only raw and then hopefully eventually going to only liquid....... So the weeks before the last 2 days I had never got hungry. It was like i felt full of energy all the time and when i did eat i felt exactly the same afterwards as i did before, not hungry, not full... so i decided to not eat until i was hungry... so up until about an hour ago it was 2 fulls days of not eating anything because i just wasnt hungry.. i just ate a banana because i was bbored and then some toast and jam...... and i still feel the exact same.... i feel bad for eating because i was bored instead of feeling hungry.. anyone else feel this recently?

[edit on 25-5-2010 by hautmess]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Are You losing weight???. There is a story out there of an Indian who claims to not haveing eaten in so many years. He doesn't seem to be any the worst of it so was thinking about you. If you feel like going to a doctor to examine you just in case something might be wrong. It just might be worth your wild to at least no being too obsessed by this feeling.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Are you sungazing? I have heard amazing things attributed to the act of sungazing, such as loss of appetite, curing of vision, and pineal gland enlargement.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by hautmess

Check out this thread

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Loss of appetite, especially when accompanied by weight loss, can be a sign of a chronic metabolic disorder or a warning sign for cancer. Be careful, and make note of anything else that changes, like bowel habits/texture/color, coughing anything up that isn't clear/yellowish, nosebleeds, etc.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
That doesn't sound healthy. Not many vegans I know are healthy, they are usually quite sickly.
The last time my hunger turned off I refilled a prescription medication after getting off it for a few years because I didn't need it. When I went back on it I lost my appetite completely; didn't eat for 2-3 days(just water) by the end of a week lost 10 pounds. My body couldn't handle it so I had to start at the smallest dosage in order for it to cooperate. It could be your body adapting to your new eating habits?
If you've lost a deal of weight in a short amount of time you should probably see a doctor to be sure your okay.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa

Loss of appetite, especially when accompanied by weight loss, can be a sign of a chronic metabolic disorder or a warning sign for cancer. Be careful, and make note of anything else that changes, like bowel habits/texture/color, coughing anything up that isn't clear/yellowish, nosebleeds, etc.

i've never been healthier, and that goes for bowel habits. i been having amazing sleeps finally and been extremely positive. i think the change to vegan was a good start.. that is interesting the post that directed me to someone else posting about the same thing... i too often forget to eat and then think i should just because i think i should not because i'm hungry... i have neber felt better, more aware and sharp minded, and i been having extreme dreams which dont feel like dreams.. but i dont think those are too related... i'm happy to hear some others are feeling the same...

again wheni do eat i feel the same as before i ate,, no hungry...

when i said i dont feel full i ment that i never felt hungry and that i didnt feel bloated.. i feel satisfied and full of energy all the time..

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsAgentScully
That doesn't sound healthy. Not many vegans I know are healthy, they are usually quite sickly.
The last time my hunger turned off I refilled a prescription medication after getting off it for a few years because I didn't need it. When I went back on it I lost my appetite completely; didn't eat for 2-3 days(just water) by the end of a week lost 10 pounds. My body couldn't handle it so I had to start at the smallest dosage in order for it to cooperate. It could be your body adapting to your new eating habits?
If you've lost a deal of weight in a short amount of time you should probably see a doctor to be sure your okay.

i know many vegans are they are the healthiest mind and bodies i know.. i especially mean the mind, because it seems everyone who isnt vegan i know is mostly distressed, unhealthy and negative.. and i been vegan for over a year now and it has also brought a noticable change within me..... now that i think of it i dont know any sickly vegans..

i also dont take any drugs anymore, not even tylonol.. and i havent been sick since i've become vegan.. i also have stopped drinking alachol..

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

There is only one solution topic creator: find some marijuana legally/illegally and partake in it. You will not regret it.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa

i only have lost weight because i havent ate anything, i do drink warm water....

and when it comes to loss of appetite i moreso have ate less becaues i've become more aware of my eating, and that i realized i keep eating because i feel like i should... or because its work time lunch.. i eat because i believe its the right thing to do... not that i'm actually hungry... and i been doing this for a few months and just recently become aware of why i'm eating... so now i'm not eating because i'm listening to my body.... but i will eat if if eel hungry

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew

There is only one solution topic creator: find some marijuana legally/illegally and partake in it. You will not regret it.

I concur with the above statement...too bad the post will be deleted...ah well.

You have to eat solid foods, you're digestive tract NEEDS them. Really, as long as you are eating plenty of raw fruits and veggies along with legumes for protein, there is no reason to worry about you're health. It really is that simple, but a good appetite is a sign of health. A loss of appetite can easily lead to malnutrition.

Remember to eat about six small meals a day...a meal is 1 or 2 pieces of fruit or veggies, nuts or legumes(more or less depending on the item) and a drink of clean water.

Oh yeah, stop brushing you're teeth and have an apple in the morning and at night.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow

Originally posted by fordrew

I concur with the above statement...too bad the post will be deleted...ah well.

You have to eat solid foods, you're digestive tract NEEDS them. Really, as long as you are eating plenty of raw fruits and veggies along with legumes for protein, there is no reason to worry about you're health. It really is that simple, but a good appetite is a sign of health. A loss of appetite can easily lead to malnutrition.

Remember to eat about six small meals a day...a meal is 1 or 2 pieces of fruit or veggies, nuts or legumes(more or less depending on the item) and a drink of clean water.

Oh yeah, stop brushing you're teeth and have an apple in the morning and at night.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

i'm not saying that its a problem.. so i'm not looking for a solution i'm just pointing out something and sharing it.. i've actually done a lot of research on healthy eating as a part of my vegan lifestyle... and have been following a healthy diet months after i became vegan, so i havent had a bed eating habit or been eating unhealthy... over the last year i've been getting plenty of all the esentials vitamins & minerals.. more then before i was vegan, i wasn't th ehealthiest before my switch.. but it was a switch that seem to happen along with a bunch of other things.. from my research it dose say to eat when yourhungry and to stop when your full and how important it is to listen to you body.. i'm just curious. i do not feel malnourished or unhealthy, in fact i've never felt better.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
Sounds like a coke binge haha

along with my vegan change over a year ago i also do not do drugs or drink anymore

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I understand you feel fine now, OP, maybe even wonderful. All I'm saying is just be mindful and observant. If you start noticing more drastic changes, like those I mentioned above, then you need to see someone about them immediately. Obviously, I would suggest an allopathic physician, but if you prefer a naturopath, whatever. Just don't let worrisome symptoms go unchecked.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

i decided to not eat until i was hungry

i just ate a banana because i was bbored

and then some toast and jam

...k.

2 fulls days of not eating

Go ten days and we'll talk.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
IF you feel alright and happy then you may just be fine, sometimes metabolic changes happen in life. However if you have been noticeable losing a large amount of weight in a short span of time frame and it seems not logical to lifestyle, and it is combined with flu like symptoms, or even weak pains in joints or back, severe head aches and the like. Due get a simple physical just to be safe. If it has happened in the past week I can say from experience that a week before I got my kidney stone I lost my appetite, then that weekend boom severe pain, and much sorrow ensued, believe you me.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Ummm... That's really wierd; I haven't really been hungry for a good week or so. I'm just eating regularly because I know that the body needs food. I'd be interested to see if there are conclusions to be made...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

Stop brushing your teeth? On what basis does that make you healthier?
I'm quite fond of minty fresh breath

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Listen to yourself!

You eat when you are hungry.

You stop when you are full.

You sleep when you are tired.

Im sure people have been doing this for a long time.

I have never met anyone who does not.

I took it a step further....I shower when i am dirty and breath when I need too.

You should try those two things i just mentioned. Open yourself right up!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join