It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brownish Haze over moon tonight?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I was wondering if anyone can explain this to me.
Tonight the moon started out bright white in the sky before the sun even set. Now the time is 21:47 EST.
A brownish haze is appearing to be lingering around the moon in a clear sky.
Very bizarre but maybe its not.
Now the moon has gone from bright white to slight yellow.

So for all of those experts out there let me know whats going on.

I am no astronomy buff so your comments would be appreciated.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I just had a look outside the balcony now, and I'm not seeing what it is you have. Maybe it's just pollution particles in the air creating that 'look'? Where about in Ontario are you?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ontariocanada

I can't believe it. I kidd you not-about that same time, my wife and I were out in the yard-finally relaxing and we looked up.

A few moments go by-of us looking at the moon and I saidL: does the moon look different tonight-and she said that she was just getting ready to say that.

Well then the neighbor stopped and now, at 10:10- looking looking fine. Must have been the sunsetting-causing some effect.

Im in in . Central PA

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Brown or reddish haze around the moon is most likely from wild fires.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

SW Ontario @ the mouth of Lake Huron

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I was looking at the moon last night and I seen a more dull rainbow like reflection surrounding it possibly the same brown the Op seen and assumed it was either from ice crystals way up in the atmosphere or due to the hyder flare energy because the clouds were pinkish all day yesterday. pgh pa

[edit on 5/26/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Could the odd coloring be coming from the forest fires that have been going on in Northern Michigan?

There has not been much on the news (duh, with everything else going on in the world) but they were really bad last week.

www.wwj.com...

Fire Danger High In Northern Michigan

The Michigan Department of Natural Resources and Environment says warm, dry weather across northern Michigan means wildfire danger will be "very high'' during the Memorial Day weekend.

Lynne Boyd, chief of the DNRE's Forest Management Division, said Monday in a release that officials are especially concerned about northern pine forests.

Last week firefighters battled a forest fire that burned more than 8,500 acres in Crawford County's South Branch Township, and a range fire in Kalkaska County.

So far this fire season, firefighters has responded to 264 wildfires consuming 11,051 acres, where 86 structures -- 18 residences and 68 outbuildings -- have been destroyed.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ontariocanada

A while back when I lived in Louisiana, I went out side and saw a big halo around the full moon. I did call a friend up and they just saw the moon as they had trees in the back yard. When they went out front, they were quite surprised to see it. It was a hazy night, and there probably is a good reason for it, but it did look very interesting and serene at the same time. My friend (who is much more educated than me) did not know what was causing it, but she thought it was also very interesting.

It is nice to witness the sometimes weird and wonderful world we call nature. Maybe the Moon Goddess was saying hi to me!

new topics

top topics

join