It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S. Korea on alert as N. Korean subs disappear in East Sea

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ikema
reply to post by freetree64

Nuclear Reactors need ... WATER and lots of the stuff. Most would be near wear in say Japan? Maybe the ocean?

Just saying it's not so far fetch a notion.

Kashiwazaki. is where they have a nuclear power plant, it was the same spot where the earthquake was in 2007...Its just as much in the ocean as it it is on land..[practically on the baseline]

maps.google.nl...,+Niigata,+Japan&gl=nl&ei=hGv9S8eQM4_u-QbH 74DFCw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBoQ8gEwAA

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Foppezao]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I really believe that this is some offensive political posturing on Kim-Jong-Il's part. He knows that the South Korean defense force with its modern weapons systems, supplied by the U.S., Australia and Great Britian would blow his A## out of the water in less than 24 hours. He's just trying to get sympathy from Beijing. He may have the 6th or 7th largest Army in the world, but it is poorly supplied with antiquated weapons platforms and an virtually non-existent Air Force and Navy that is no match for two or three Nimitz class Carrier groups.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by freetree64

As far as nuking Japan, the North Koreans forgot about one thing.....

"GODZILLA"

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 25-5-2010 by freetree64]

You mean ... G-O-R-G-I-R-A

And most excellent Video

He would mess up NK

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

South Korea has trained commandos in the past to take out the NK leadership, but I doubt they would go through China. I imagine this will tick China off.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by ickylevel

Why on earth would the South want war? South Koreans want to live their lives, not kill their own people. They may not have the best government, but what country does?

Why to "eat" all those plump NK of course.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
ALRIGHT!! lets get WWIII goin!! wahooo.
oh wait everytime this stuff is posted it turns out never to be followed up with anything good.
when is all this WWIII antichrist NWO nibiru 2012 crap ever gonna happen?
probly never, but oh well.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by StraightMassa

Maybe the South should threaten to prempitively strike the North if they dont have the subs surface.

That would be like signing a death warrant for tens of thousands of civilians living in Seoul. .

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Indeed...

UPDATE : China May Shield North Korea as Lee, U.S. Seek Action on Ship

China shielding it's puppet state? Impossible!

Russia might too...
Russia wants proof on corvette's sinking

Russia will not back a decision on the South Korean corvette “Cheonan” in the UN Security Council unless it receives convincing proof of North Korea’s involvement.

Good luck passing sanctions against North Korea when two security council members with veto powers say NO...

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
China is expected to make a statement in coming days on the sinking of a South Korean ship by North Korea, according to two senior U.S. government officials.

Probably gonna be a weak statement... something like ``We regret this incident, we hope tensions can be calmed, we want peace on the Korean peninsula.``

Or something like that.

Or they could say :
GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Drunken Cow
ALRIGHT!! lets get WWIII goin!! wahooo.
oh wait everytime this stuff is posted it turns out never to be followed up with anything good.
when is all this WWIII antichrist NWO nibiru 2012 crap ever gonna happen?
probly never, but oh well.

The hell are you talking about?
YOU are the only one who mentioned world war 3 in this thread.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Well now we know that China is more aggressive...

US warns over Beijing’s ‘assertiveness’

The commander of US forces in the Pacific has warned that China’s military is more aggressively asserting its territorial claims in regional waters.

Admiral Robert Willard told the Financial Times: “There has been an assertiveness that has been growing over time, particularly in the South China Sea and in the East China Sea.”

He said China’s extensive claims to islands and waters in the region were “generating increasing concern broadly across the region and require address”.

East China Sea... which is off the west coast of South Korea...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

This is not surprising. Of course China will see any buildup or exercises as potentially threatening them. They are simply counteracting that.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
double

[edit on 26-5-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Russia will confirm or deny the official sinking story...

Russian experts to look into warship's sinking in S.Korea

"Medvedev believes it is crucial to establish the true cause of the loss of the vessel and to establish beyond all doubt who bears personal responsibility for what happened," the Kremlin press service said in a special statement.

Establish the TRUE cause... Interesting...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
And now the US-South Korea anti-submarine drill in the Yellow Sea is ON.

Navy conducts one-day drill in the Yellow Sea

In other news, North Korea increases import of food from China...

Hopefully this ain't in preparation for war.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
well it was a German bomb there's definitely someone trying to cover there own tracks and the Germans wouldn't be stupid enough to do it that obviously but i don't think the north did do it

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Regardless of if NK did sink the battleship or not, NK's actions now are anything but peaceful.

It wouldn't take much at this point for a war to start.

I was in Japan in 2000 when NK fired missiles over into the sea of Japan, it was not a pleasant experience...

This bully needs to be dealt with one way or another, and I think that the people to do it are the south Koreans.... With of course supply chain from the US / UK / Japan / Australia Etc etc etc...

If any service person of any of the supply chain is taken casualty, then and only then should that country enter direct conflict..

It is easy to see how this could spiral out of control into a wider conflict.

I don't believe that SK and her allies will take the first shots. But be rest assured if any shots are fired at the allies it would open a hornets’ nest that would sting the entire region and possibly the world.

Korg.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Korg Trinity]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
This is what I think: at least one of the subs has been sunk by South Korea in retaliation for the NK attack. The statement that they somehow "lost" them is just a smokescreen. They need as much plausible deniability as they can. I have no doubt SK has some advanced weapons systems.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeddiRevolution
I'm afraid that all these events happening in such close succession is an indicator of Kim's willingness to go all the way. If they truly wanted more food or attention, why would they go out of their way to violate the trade agreements, or mobilize submarines in an obvious tactical maneuver.

Have things ever gone this far before?

The sinking of the South Korean ship is the most significant hostile event between the two countries since the Korean War.

It is not North Korea's rhetoric that changes things this time, it is the US's eagerness to nudge South Korea into action that worries me. The US is usually quick to dismiss North Korean threats as chest puffing. This time it is seizing it as an opportunity, which does add some subtance to the whole thing being stitched up from the start a la Gulf of Tonkin.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Skellon]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
And now the US-South Korea anti-submarine drill in the Yellow Sea is ON.

Navy conducts one-day drill in the Yellow Sea

In other news, North Korea increases import of food from China...

Hopefully this ain't in preparation for war.

It is interesting as North Korea is deemed capable of starting an all out war with South Korea but not capable of maintaining it.

Its' only viable stategy would be to pound Seoul with its artillery in a 'shock and awe' method and then threaten the expected US/SK counter attack with use of its' missiles.

Remember though, the US cannot approach NK like it did with Iraq/Afghanistan, this really is a different ball game.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Skellon]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join