It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S. Korea on alert as N. Korean subs disappear in East Sea

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
last year the north koreans scrapped the ceasefire signed in 1953. yesterday they renounced all non-agression pacts... these are desperate times for a desperate man in a desperate country. crazies are crazy... these are hard times all over the world, the most industrialized of them (the west) is on the verge of financial armageddon.. the word of the day is: WAR.

______beforeitsnews/news/49/937/Is_North_Korean_Aggression_the_Beginning_of_Something_Bigger.html

Although the global economic crisis has remained relatively tame on the violence front, we should not forget most wars are preceded by economic desperation. Although no one knows North Korea’s real economic data, we can safely assume they have suffered worse than most in the economic crisis because they rely heavily on the economic health of very few allies — most of which have plenty of problems at home.

The recent sinking of a South Korean (NYSE: EWY) warship smells much like demise of the Lusitania: a vessel goes down and a war begins. In that case, the US was sucked into World War 1 following the harsh double dip during the Great Depression. In this case, North Korea needs any means necessary to keep its people distracted as the economic crisis takes its toll.

Do not rule out the possibility that a bankrupt wingnut will start a war. We are living in classic conditions for social instability and the tribal expression of anger.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by TheCoffinman]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Because over 13,000 artillery peices that are in range of the Seoul metropolitan area. With the aprx 18 million folks in that area the North would kill millions of South koreans in just a few hours. Those artillery pieces are like a gun to the head of South korea.

I think lil Kim is a spoiled little rat bas**rd and he wont start anything because he is pampered and doesnt want to lose his comfortable life style. But he is dying and the DPRK generals are a whole different story.

I've said it before. If the people of Seoul all of a sudden go on a mass vacation to Pusan......Well then! Unleash hell!

[edit on 26-5-2010 by William Marshal]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
www.ibtimes.com...

www.examiner.com... rea-continue
North Korea warns US of "second and third 9/11 incident

That link does not work do you remember what it said? As this would be very confrontational to the U.S if true.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Not to worry found another source www.examiner.com... rea-continue

Referring to a Mainichi Shimbun article titled "Obama's drone warfare", North Korean newspaper Minju Joson accused the US of "massacre of civilians ... genocide and human rights abuses". Although they mention no country in particular, the article alludes to US military actions in Afghanistan.

The more massacres of civilians the U.S. perpetrates, the higher the anti-U.S. resistance and protest mount worldwide and the further the danger of outbreak of the second and third "September 11 incident" will increase."

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ickylevel

Why on earth would the South want war? South Koreans want to live their lives, not kill their own people. They may not have the best government, but what country does?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by StraightMassa
reply to post by Vitchilo

How could you call the South warmongers? The North blew up their ship. They are the warmongers and now it is time to met out their punishment.

Those subs are tiny. Do you really think they could hold enough supplies to make it to Cali. Plus, if North Korea wants to be wiped off the map then they should go ahead and pull up to Cali and do the dew.

The small subs can get resupply along the way from a ship flying
a flag of another country.

Iran and North Korea have been caught selling arms and chemical
weapons by using a freight ship that is sailing under a flag of
another nation.

The "scud in a bucket" scenario is based on this little trick.

I think the small subs will stay close to home thou and he will keep
using them to ferry agents in and out of japan and south korea.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by area6

That said, KJI is a strategic & tactical retard.
I know a couple of retards and I believe they will take offense to that remark!

I hope that this all calms down, but with that crazy knucklehead in charge of NK, anything could happen next.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The sinking of the boat that started all this seems to be in waters that are VERY close to the NK shore and VERY far from the SK shore..
Is that line marked here meant to imply that ALL waters south of it are SK waters? Or is it SK SEZ?

Seems majorly in favour of SK that line:

Source

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Isn't that the whole idea of a sub to become undetected at some point?[certain depth]..While it is a scary idea that those subs dive become silent and remain stealth in international or even Japanese waters, isn't that the whole game? But while they're doing that aren't Americans and Russians capable of detecting certain disruptions in the Earth's magnetic field to detect them? The idea of a sub carying a nuke and detonate it in a Japanese port is pretty scary dude, with that they might even get away that [again] because the "allies" might only be capable of detecting the yield of the bomb and nothing else.
I wonder what the Baengnyeong islands have to do with it, the corvette was sunk at that location..

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

yeah well based on my post above it seems that they (atleast those sailors) were in waters that were questionably close to NK territory (land) and questionably far away from SK shores.

What were they doing there?!!
Snooping no doubt!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

yeah well based on my post above it seems that they (atleast those sailors) were in waters that were questionably close to NK territory (land) and questionably far away from SK shores.

What were they doing there?!!
Snooping no doubt!

Well they were at the Baengnyeong island, which is actually SK territory...sort like a Falkland Island

Given its proximity to North Korea, it has served as a base for intelligence activity by the R.O.K. and the U.S.[citation needed]. Numerous North Korean defectors have also boated here to escape economic and political conditions in their homeland. In the recent past there have been several naval skirmishes between the two countries in the area[wikipedia]

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Foppezao]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

The sinking of the boat that started all this seems to be in waters that are VERY close to the NK shore and VERY far from the SK shore..
Is that line marked here meant to imply that ALL waters south of it are SK waters? Or is it SK SEZ?
I think the line marks the territorial waters of NK.

Outside of the line and still far away from SK territorial waters would be international waters.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
double post!

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Daedalus3]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

And that seems very much in favor of SK. To an extent that would prompt ANY navy in NK's shoes to be in a position of being 'easily provoked' and possibly carry out the torpedoing of a boat close/approaching their waters..

This is all very wrong..
I would not blame NK in this particular case. No way!!!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

I think the line marks the territorial waters of NK.

Outside of the line and still far away from SK territorial waters would be international waters.

200 nautic miles beyond the coast lines and territorial waters [and "before" international waters] are also Exclusive Economic Zones (EEZ), and yes these eez's has already caused a lot of problems. Think about the Spratly Islands in the South CHinese sea

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Foppezao]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Originally posted by StraightMassa
reply to post by Vitchilo

So they are going to take that little baby nuke that they created that only half works and they are going to put it next to japan, because they are dying for us to nuke them with one of our real nukes?

They have more than a little baby nuke. They could have 4-5 8-10 kt nukes.

Yeah that's not a lot, but it still can cause a lot of damage if exploited right.

And as I said, North Korea WON'T pre-emptively do such a large scale attack. They will only do that in counter attack if North Korea mainland is attacked.

A 10 kt nuke compared to a Multi Megaton nuke is a baby nuke.

We do not arm the Multi Meg ones most of the time as they are overkill.

Most of what is on the MIRV's is 100k to 500k.

But that still is 10 - 50 times more powerful.

W88

I am hoping that the ppl of North Korea will take matters into their
own hands and free themselves from the madman, but to be
honest the rest of the world is being puppeteer'd by a different
set of madmen.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

I believe that the location of the sinking speaks for itself.. Whether NK is ruled by a madman or not is irrelevant.. Its obvious that an engagement here is going to be under dubious circumstances. This is NOT grounds for the international uproar the west has created.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
One thing to keep in mind, Kim thinks he is a god. I believe him to be insane.

I watched a special about an American eye surgeon who went to North Korea to fix peoples eyes. Relatively common surgery here in the USA, but cannot be done In NK because of the backward conditions. anyway after every one of the people who had eye surgery, they all started "praising" the "Great Leader", like someone would in a Pentecostal church. it was nothing short of worship.

In regards to this event, China even knows that Kim cannot be trusted. I don't think they would get involved in a NK/SK war because of the economic ramifications with the US.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

Nuclear Reactors need ... WATER and lots of the stuff. Most would be near wear in say Japan? Maybe the ocean?

Just saying it's not so far fetch a notion.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
One more report... which is interesting...

Translated from Korean...

N. Korea Deploys Mortars and Multiple Rocket Launchers at Sino-NK border

N. Korea Deploys Mortars and Multiple Rocket Launchers at Sino-NK border

122mm multiple rocket launcher, the same type N. Korea deployed at the border area.

N. Korea deployed 82mm mortars to border guard units.

Each border guard company now has a fire support platoon equipped with 82mm mortars. Each platoon has at least 4 mortars. The process started in February and is now complete.

Border guard units used to be armed only with light weapons such as rifles because their main mission is to deter people from illegal entry to or escape from N. Korea.

Border guard units now have firepower equal to regular infantry units.

The explanation N. Korean authorities gave (to its population or soldiers) is that it was for deterring invasion by S. Korean commandos through China.

Radio Free Asia also reported on May 26 that mortars, recoilless rifles, and machine guns were deployed to border guard units.

What the hell?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join