It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S. Korea on alert as N. Korean subs disappear in East Sea

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
IMO North Korea is way more likely to nuke Japan than South Korea.
[edit on 25-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

That's little too Tom Clancy for my money. But these subs just being out and about risks starting something ... it's like Kim is trying to bait HIMSELF into war.

link   
As far as nuking Japan, the North Koreans forgot about one thing.....

"GODZILLA"

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 25-5-2010 by freetree64]

link   

Originally posted by StraightMassa
reply to post by Vitchilo

So they are going to take that little baby nuke that they created that only half works and they are going to put it next to japan, because they are dying for us to nuke them with one of our real nukes?

They have more than a little baby nuke. They could have 4-5 8-10 kt nukes.

Yeah that's not a lot, but it still can cause a lot of damage if exploited right.

And as I said, North Korea WON'T pre-emptively do such a large scale attack. They will only do that in counter attack if North Korea mainland is attacked.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
BTW, it seems that all that North Korea behavior is for the NKorean people...

North Korea allows in South's workers to factories

North Korea allowed South Korean workers on Wednesday to enter a joint industrial park that is a lucrative source of income for the Pyongyang government, despite having said a day earlier it was cutting all ties with the South.

Doom cancelled! No war!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by area6

it's like Kim is trying to bait HIMSELF into war

I am betting Lil Kim bates himself a lot.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Little Kim doesn't take a bath, it's only a rumour that he bathes himself!
After all, his great leader scent is the best in the UNIVERSE and attracts all the women!

In other news... Japan is now joining the game.

Japan vow 'unified support' for South Korea: US

US and Japanese defense chiefs on Tuesday vowed "unified support" for South Korea in an escalating dispute with North Korea over the sinking one of Seoul's warships, a Pentagon spokesman said.

The North said South Korea's claims that it had sunk the warship were tantamount to a declaration of war.

Ah... I love MIXED signals!

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Look's like "Team Spirit" may make a comeback, and South Korean drill's on Thursday, this week.....

Team Spirit had been carried out every year since 1976 but was stopped in 1992 after the two Koreas signed an inter-Korean basic agreement. When the first North Korean nuclear crisis began in 1993, the drill was temporarily revived but stopped again after negotiations between Washington and Pyongyang in 1994.

The month-long drill involved 150,000 South Korean and 70,000 to 80,000 U.S. troops, causing the North Korean military to go into a quasi-state of war. Pyongyang blasted the drill as an exercise to attack the North.

Separately, the South Korean Navy will hold its first anti-submarine exercise in the Yellow Sea since the Cheonan sinking.

A South Korean naval official said, “We will hold military maneuvers by mobilizing 10 naval ships under the 2nd Naval Fleet in waters near the Taean Peninsula Thursday,” adding, “Depth bomb and cannon drills will also be conducted.”

A 3,500-ton South Korean destroyer, three patrol ships and six speed vessels will participate in the drill.

***In Washington, U.S. Defense Department spokesman Bryan Whitman told reporters that the U.S. and South Korea will soon conduct joint naval exercises to detect enemy submarines and block ships carrying nuclear materials.*** He said the exercises will strengthen bilateral cooperation and war deterrence.

english.donga.com...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Short and Sweet.

The right hand is waving, what is the left hand doing??

What is the real show we are missing, while all of this dog and pony stuff is going on? Is it above TPTB to urge KJI to throw a tantrum and make alot of noise so as to distract us?

Meh, more of the SOS.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
www.ibtimes.com...
South Korean eastern fleet mobilized to locate North's submarines

www.examiner.com... rea-continue
North Korea warns US of "second and third 9/11 incident

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
www.brisbanetimes.com.au...

North Korean army defectors have described how soldiers take naps in the afternoon instead of training because there is so little to eat, a detail that reveals how the country's chronic food shortages affect not just the civilian population but also its fighting forces.

then why doesnt the SK and US just start this # and end ita lready, if the NK forces are so damn weak, why dont theyjust end this. unifiy the peninsula under the SK banner and end the despotic regime of the Jung's! i dont get it, NK is being allowed to exist,why?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

America, Russia and China have got to know where those subs are right now and are probably monitoring them as we speak from afar to see what they are really trying to do.... I would also assume if there were nukes on board those would also be detectable with the said naval agencies that can monitor the subs.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman

North Korean army defectors have described how soldiers take naps in the afternoon instead of training because there is so little to eat, a detail that reveals how the country's chronic food shortages affect not just the civilian population but also its fighting forces.

then why doesnt the SK and US just start this # and end ita lready, if the NK forces are so damn weak, why dont theyjust end this. unifiy the peninsula under the SK banner and end the despotic regime of the Jung's! i dont get it, NK is being allowed to exist,why?

Yeah, I would imagine a sustained bombing campaign on NK would result in demoralized and starving troops in the thousands - much like the Iraqi soldiers in the 1990 Gulf War. That in itself is worrying though - means they're more likely to do something drastic (WMD) because they know a lengthy war will work against them.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Because if these weak and tired soliders are threatened with their lives, they'll fight to the death. Adrenaline will keep them going for a few days, and it'll kill millions of civilians in the South.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I would not be surprised if these subs are being tracked by US attack subs just in case tshtf.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Excellent find OP. This looks to be coming to a head. NPRK needs to be taken out and integrated back into the one Korea. Enough of this almost 60 year limbo. People of the NPRK have suffered enough.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
They would'nt tell the press if it was a security issue. What an abject propaganda.

The South wants war.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Every time something big happens or like this is going to happen I always remember what john Lear said in one of his interviews. Which was that the shadow goverment use/ create these situations so that the masses will not notice the advanced controlling alien elite to move around or do something truely horrorfing.
Think of what someone can do with the world focusing on a tiny section of the world like korea.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

One word China. Remember the Cease Fire was signed by NK and the UN. If SK the US or Japan unilaterally attacked NK preemptively then China would join in defending NK Because of supply lines the US, SK and Japan collectively could not win a decisive non-nuclear ground war against NK and China combined. And I think we all know that even though the UN signed the Cease Fire. Even if NK nuked SK the UN would bleet and China would use it's Veto in the Security Counsel to stop the UN from declaring the Cease Fire broken.

NK has repeatedly broken the truce. The Pueblo Incident, US Recon Plane shoot-down in 1969. In the UN Peace Village on the MDL North Korean guerds attempted to chop down the Peace Tree because they said it blocked their line of sight. When US and Turkish UN Peace guards attempted to stop them an US Army Lieutenant was beheaded by the same NK guard who originally wielded the axe in the attempt.

It's just a game folks. Always has been, and it's us sheep who pay the ultimate price because of our stupidity. Bleet.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by StraightMassa

lol, then I dont think you could catagorize it as Preemptive.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ickylevel

Geography my friend.....To make a statement that the south wants war would imply that you have no clue about how things are layed out on that peninsula.

Geographicly
Economicly
Humanitarian

Wanting a war that would kill MILLIONS of you own people is asinine. No soup for you!

Up until your post I thought the dumbest thing I heard on this thread was someone using John Lear as an information source.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join