It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curse of the deadly mobile phone number

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Curse of the deadly mobile phone number

www.dailytelegraph.com.au< br />

A MOBILE phone company was forced to suspend one of its numbers - after everyone assigned it dies.

The first person to own the number 0888 888 888 was Bulgarian Mobitel CEO Vladimir Grashnov, who died of cancer in 2001 aged 48, The Daily Mail reported.

The number was then given to underworld figure Konstantin Dimitrov who was gunned down in the Netherlands in 2003.

It was claimed that Russian mafia bosses were jealous of his drug-smuggling operations and planned his murder.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
How can a cell phone number like '0888 888 888' be such a curse on everyone who owned it?

I wonder if numerologists can come to the conclusion that this phone number is a bad omen.

This is such an interesting and whacky story I have posted here on ATS.

Here's the moral: Never accept a phone number occupied with 0 and the same digit.

www.dailytelegraph.com.au< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Maybe someone really wanted that number?

I dont believe in "curses', but this is kind of trippy.

On the other hand, I dont think it would be that weird to have a couple people die who just so happened to have the same phone number.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Did anyone else notice that everyone that owned that number was people that were bad?? This has no kind of curse....

What if I said that a drug lord had a knife and was killed by a mafia boss, then the mafia boss kept the knife and was killed by a theif, then a theif kept the knife and was killed breaking into a house, and then the owner of the house kept the knife but later found out he had brain cancer. Does it make it a curse?? No

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
My guess is that these super easy numbers are only given to exceptional people who either pay extra for it or have some pull from the inside.

Balance is everywhere.

When people are exceptionally great in one area, this is usually followed by a lack in another area. So out of the many possible easy numbers given to many several exceptional people, one of these ends up having several people croak from their lack.

Meh.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Sounds like Fate has put some teeth into the old phrase:"...His Number was up"!

Dial "M", for Macabre.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

On the other hand, I dont think it would be that weird to have a couple people die who just so happened to have the same phone number.

Me neither, but what surprises me is the fact the 0888 888 888 number is so unusal. It's randomely given out, and yet all people to have it die?

Just because the winning lottery numbers were going to happen, doesn't mean they arn't linked (in our multi-dimenson reality) to some kind of logic-pattern that's hard to see. Otherwise they wouldn't be e.g. lottery books that tell you the past patterns, or computer trading programms that make more stock market, money than they loose (just by looking at past numbers-patterns as patterns).

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ironfalcon

I wonder if numerologists can come to the conclusion that this phone number is a bad omen.

It would be reduced to 9. I can't see how that would be a bad omen. There is nothing overly auspicious about the number 9 in numerology. In the kabbalah nine symbolizes foundation. Of course, there might be something to be said for the 3 part repeated pattern but this generally not considered a bad omen.

Did you know there was a highway 666? en.wikipedia.org...
It had a high fatality rate. After the highway was renumbered deaths went down. People just get spooked I think.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by antonia]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
you are talking like people dont die... death is normal for any person with a phone and phone number. when u die does that make your number a curse? even if the next person dies with it too?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I think I believe in phone curses. Imagine all of those people with the phone number 867-5309.. The prank calls would be unbearable !

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar
Sounds like Fate has put some teeth into the old phrase:"...His Number was up"!

Dial "M", for Macabre.

Horatio? Is that you? Or a bad CSI writer?

This might be impressive if the number was just some random number, and if the people were just random people, but with the information provided this seems very unremarkable? A couple of deaths from a couple of high risk individuals assigned to a very conspicuous number...not surprising.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I don't believe there have been enough deaths to establish a pattern just yet. Also, the consideration of other variables has not been factored in. Those deaths could have been directly caused by many other factors that have been overlooked.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
The number 8 is supposedly THE lucky number to have in China, obviously to have ALL the same number is classed as a platinum number for mobiles whether it's 8's, 7's whatever, it goes gold for some **** **** 888 of the same number to platinum for more of the same number 08888 8888 888..
To have all 8's probably meant to the people who bought or were issued it that they thought they would be very very lucky, just goes to show that too much luck is bad for you. I did think about trying to get this number but I think I'll pass now.
To have ALL the same number is pohibitively expensive and the mobile phone companies know this.

new topics

top topics

join