It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea severing all ties with S. Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

N. Korea severing all ties with S. Korea

www.msnbc.msn.com

SEOUL, South Korea - Relations on the divided Korean peninsula plunged to their lowest point in a decade Tuesday when the North declared it was cutting all ties to Seoul as punishment for blaming the communists for the sinking of a South Korean warship.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
This seems to be a bit beyond the norm for Korean relations even with their checkered pasts. Escalation events are accelerating, taunting is picking up and nations are taking sides. Conflict seems inevitable with all the maneuvering being undertaken.

Like a powder keg in a 150-degree room - time for everyone to exercise extreme caution.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Punishment? Who is getting punished?...

North Korea, for sure, cannot afford to act in such ways... It's suicide.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I couldn't post the better quality one because the beginning violates the TOS

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
South korea makes up like 33% of N.K GDP in a year I think. For a place that is already starving its people this can't be a wise move and will probably end badly.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
That is rich....punishing the South...lol

Who knows in the long run after the population of the North start to starve once again due to their crazy leader they will up rise and finally allow the Koreas to finally unite.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Such a statement really defies logic and will do nothing to reduce the fear that Kim Jong Il won't attempt to go out with a bang.

A educated response would have acknowledged the South's conclusion, stated their disagreement and why and then explained how they were going to deal with the incident in their own terms. Instead, they've issued a pretty child-like temper tantrum response.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
UPDATE! They lied..

SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea allowed South Korean workers on Wednesday to enter a joint industrial park that is a lucrative source of income for the Pyongyang government, despite having said a day earlier it was cutting all ties with the South.

feeds.reuters.com...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

UPDATE! They lied..

Ha! Classic

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
NK is skeert!!! I think they know they went too far this time LOL.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
If the North Koreans are not the ones who shot a missile and sunk the south korean submarine, then out of curiosity, who might have and why?

I mean so far the story is:

NK attacks SK sub, sinks it.
SK and USA say hey, that wasn't fair!
NK says, how dare you accuse us! We'll beat you up for being so mean!
... this is just getting worse.

Is it possible NK did not actually do it?

Probably not, sigh. And you know they probably wouldn't give a rat's butt if people knew they'd done it except that UN etc. are encouraged to 'take sanctions in retaliation'.

I wish we could just fight one freaking war at a time. Afghan and Iraq are bad enough, Iran and Syria and Israel are just dying to start WWIII, the Turkish border is more dangerous for the start of something than most dream I suspect, and now the Koreas want to go back to war, like my own relatives didn't already live through that hell in uniform back in the 50s.

Eventually it seems like it's going to be a matter of probability -- something will happen and it will all implode like a stampede powder keg. Gahhh!

RC

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Well apparently there have been some objections to the belief that NK took out the ship.

Outside of the fact that NK would be celebrating right now if they did and would have announced it to the world (much like how we would already know if Iran had nukes because they sure as hell would have told EVERYONE not the # with them), apparently the alleged torpedo that took out the SK ship was not a NK torpedo.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

Well apparently there have been some objections to the belief that NK took out the ship.

Outside of the fact that NK would be celebrating right now if they did and would have announced it to the world (much like how we would already know if Iran had nukes because they sure as hell would have told EVERYONE not the # with them), apparently the alleged torpedo that took out the SK ship was not a NK torpedo.

Convincing public that the nation A torpedoed nation B is like taking candy from a baby, especially if nation A is run by lowlife criminal scum.

North Korea "denies" these things only because they are allowed to deny it. This is too shoddy to be a false flag attack... if it was, NK would be invaded within 24 hours, it wouldn't even have time to deny anything. It has to be fast and swift.... while gullible civilians are still mad and angry about the attack.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Isn't it possible that it was a trigger-happy commander on the sub? Maybe he got carried away and fired without direct orders from the NK high command. I mean, in a skirmish, would he have to wait for the all-clear before firing a torpedo? It just could have been an isolated incident that got out of control.

Not saying that's what happened, just I've never seen it mentioned as a possibility. It's either deliberate provocation or a false flag.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
It a tough one, especially because NK's reputation has always been low and people don't buy it if they would, for once, tell the truth. I don't deny NK's involvement, but I really don't see why they wouldn't admit to it if it was done on purpose.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Clairaudience]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
South Korea is the war monger here. We talk a lot about how NK's leader is mad but SK's needs more credit too. I guess he wouldn't mind seeing Seoul destroyed if he can eradicate NK.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ickylevel
South Korea is the war monger here. We talk a lot about how NK's leader is mad but SK's needs more credit too. I guess he wouldn't mind seeing Seoul destroyed if he can eradicate NK.

Erm, what? NK sank one of their ships and they've showed impressive restraint

Kim - is that you?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Trigger happy commander, huh - sounds like an old western!

Could be tho!

top topics

join