It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IF 2012 doesn't happen

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
If the end of the world doesnt occur in 2012 Im going to have to start paying off my credit cards

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

I am hoping two things happen in 2012:

1. THe dollar becomes worthless.
2. NO MORE COLLEGE LOANS TO PAY OFF!!!

3. BOTH OF THE ABOVE.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Ok now 2029 is the big date?
Ahaha

And I'll be reading books about it in 2015, like I did for 2012... I'm sure...

Oh well!

[edit on 25-5-2010 by jolois]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

No I can never get tired of the Nibiru thing. But certain folks on here state that prophecies are hogwash. Yet, now scientists predict that Apophis will hit but yet these clique that know it all won't deny this one.

Where does it say that a hit will happen? It says that the object is being observed.

There are lots of these objects in space. One recently passed close to the earth. NASA has a number of observations that look for these types of objects.

It has been pointed out that the object in question is only some 300m in diameter. Take a look at Barringer crater in Arizona. It was formed 50,000 years ago. It's 1200m across. The responsible object was only 50m in diameter.
Meteor Crater - wikipedia

Unlike the 2012 baloney, Dragnet53 is talking about a real threat when it comes to near Earth asteroids.

Here's another thought on finding potentially dangerous asteroids.
Asteroids

[edit on 25-5-2010 by stereologist]

[edit on 25-5-2010 by stereologist]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

plus there is 400 "rocks" classified by NASA after using the WISE telescope.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53
reply to post by Maddogkull

I think somebody stated it was originally 2013. Check the time wave thread.

2013 seems like a date that could be something.

But who the FFFFFFFFFFF knows!

Yeah, I think McKenna originally predicted 2013. If 2012 doesn't happen I'm f**cked because I didn't plan for that. Ohh... come to think of it, I was stalking up on canned food for the Y2K bug and nothing happened. It kind of sucked.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by darkbake]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

LOL Y2K was a joke and I knew that! But 2012 I have a gut feeling might be right. errrr should I say oct 28 2011.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Asteroid 2008 TC3 Strikes Earth: Predictions and Observations Agree

Although such small impact events occur several times per year around the globe, this case was unprecedented because the asteroid was actually discovered the day before it reached the Earth and the impact location and time were for the first time predicted in advance.

That's the state of the art for figuring out where something might hit. Done for the first time in 2008 and not sure if an impact point has been determined since.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
I dont get it...how can the year 2012 not happen?

If you are referring to the fear-mongering propaganda that it is going to be Armageddon, well, all I can say is that you may want to reasearch the subject a bit more and realize that NO ONE is predicting doomsday.

I am poking fun at the "scientific" clique here on ATS.

There's a scientific clique? And why would they be upset at you pointing out the very remote possibility of a meteor impact, it's a low % and is gradually getting scaled lower and lower.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Yup from my research that seems to be the real date for the end of the long count...Oct. 28. 2011.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by NWOWILLFALL

Which correlation function are you using to arrive at that date?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

So this writer just makes stuff up as they go along. I see.

Did you know that there are no written dates going back to 3000BC anywhere? The starting date for the calendar does not begin with someone saying this is day 1 of the calendar.

The correlation the author claims is based on speculation and not fixing dates that connect the Mayan and Gregorian calendar.

Not to use the solar zenith date as the beginning of the Long Count would have been considered as heresy.

and more here

That the end date of the Long Count falls on December 21, 2012 is thus just a necessary logical consequence of the beginning date chosen by the Izapans and not something that the Maya had intentionally targeted.

This is a pure speculative correlation in which the author suggests what the Mayan were supposedly thinking. No evidence is offered, just speculation.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

In the case of the galactic alignment claim the author assigns a particular date to the alignment. Show me an astronomer that has that date worked out.

Our entire Solar System (our Sun and planets) revolve around a central Sun Alcyone (in the Consellation of Pleiades), which in turn revolves around the GC, the centre of the Milky Way. Thus the GC is our heart, our connection to the greater Cosmos from which we have all been birthed.

Show me any evidence whatsoever that this first sentence is true.

The rest of the link is all hogwash and drivel.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

People only get ready right before the fact (most)
This 2012 thing has been hyped for exactly that reason "oh it's not gonna happen tomorrow so maybe I should just sit here and watch baseball"
See the ones who know in denver...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

So now the evidence for the correlation function is in Denver?

Correlation functions are based on connecting dates. The GMT is based on a number of connections. Recently Fuls in the Netherlands has come up with a new correlation based on positions of Venus. Since the Mayans were naked eye observers of the the planets their reports are not that accurate. Correlating them is not a simple process. That is why Fuls suggests the year is 2220, not 2012.

Regardless of the correlation there are no prophecies associated with the end of the Haab calendar. The Katun claim is that corn and squash production could be down.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

stereologist reminds me of a robot always asking questions. Then you give him an answer and he asks more questions. Then he twists the words.

Maybe he is the web-bot going around to every forum trying to decipher things.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

I twist the words? Please give me an example.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

trying to say the hopi prophecies are new, but they have been around for 10,000 years.

Here is a link to a speech from lee brown of the hopi's:

www.thetruthseeker.co.uk...

But hey I still think you are alright and just trying to figure out what is going on. modern man can't solve everything.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Well,I am pretty confident that 2012 is going to happen.

We have not skipped a year on the calender in a long,long time.

If anything significant happens I doubt that too.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join