It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coincidences I've been involved in

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Coincidences I've been involved in

My oldest son was born on 6/7/77 and died on 6/9/99. He was severely handicapped and lived with us all the time except the last 9 months of his life. Two days after he died, my family was all over at our house and I had to go into the garage to get something. While out there, I could smell Adam and really felt that he was near. Not believing my senses, I started looking around to see if there were some clothes or a blanket in the garage that belonged to him. I never found anything.

I took his death very hard. I was extrememly depressed for months after. Someone gave me a book by Jonathan Edwards, saying that it might help me understand. I never remember dreams, but one night I dreamt that Adam was laying on a blanket laughing and playing around and there were two people sitting on the blanket with him dressed in turn-of-the-century clothing and hair styles (a man and a woman). They just smiled at me and nodded. When I awoke, I remembered the dream and had a feeling of peace, and somehow knew that Adam was being cared for and was happy. Later that day, while reading the book, I came across a passage that told of people in the after life trying to contact those of us still living to let us know that they are ok. I was absolutely astounded to read that.

How about that for coincidences?

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
i don't know what to think of jon edwards, but your dream is awesome.

it took me along time to ever dream of my passed father, and i remember my dreams often. i can't remember what the dream was. i am a firm believer that we go places and meet people and other things in our dreams

the only coincidence i have is that today at the stop and rob my total was 9.11

peace

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I've heard stories of the dead telling their loved ones of their passing and/or that they're happy of where they're at.

Reminds me of a dream I had, a year ago, like last summer. Unlike most my other dreams, I really remember it vividly. As if it really happened.

I'll try and summarize it...

Well, I was at the mall, with my grandpa. We were talking and such. Every so often I'd see people from school pass, some friends, others weren't. It felt very real, like it happened. Then we went to some toy store, and were looking at stuff for my little cousins, and joking around. Also seeing people I know in real life. Then I woke up, and I realized, my grandpa's been dead since 1998, when I was 10.

It creeped the crapout of me, it felt like we were really chilling. A little background, when my grandfather passed away, he was pretty much my best friend at that time.

Very werid but comforting, much like your dream...

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
most if not all people are spiritualy intune. and have the abilty, within themselfs to be open to spirits/energy. fear sometimes cuts that short.
but in our sleeping state we are relaxed and are more free so hear and see these things.

please feel comforted by his presence, and as john edwards says, acknowledge his presence more, and maybe more will come to you.

the hardest part about a passing is the phsical things. to talk and touch.
but when a spirit passes all you can do is feel a presence.
i urge you to talk more to your child.

im glad you were open enough to get this dream and share it with us

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Well, I guess this counts as a conincidence: Everyone in my family is either born on the 1st or the 13th of the month! And there are six of us! (Three born on the 1st of the month, and three born on the 13th of the month)

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Greetings Skipprtom.

I don't know what religion you are, if any, but I thought you may wish to know what I have learned over the years. I have had performed some years of research with regards theology and the possibility of life after death. And I have come to the concrete conclusion that we do survive bodily death.

This is my opinion ...

The smell that you experienced when you visited the garage was Adam. He was letting you know that his soul had survived bodily death. His soul - the essence of Adam - is immortal and after each incarnation returns to what some people call the 'other side' or the 'Summer Lands' to digest what he has learned in preparation for the next incarnation.
That is true for everyone.

Adams body/mind may have been handicapped in his recent incarnation, but once free of the body, he once again became the perfect soul that he is.

The dream was sent to you in order to tell you that he is happy and yes, you and your wife will meet with him again - except that the next time you see him, he will not be handcapped.

Its difficult for me to explain these things online with no verbal intonations or body language. All I can suggest is that you read up on this subject.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Not a big coincidence, but I was really tired when I came home today. So I took a nap from about 6:00-8:00(not common for me, I am normally awake from 6:00 am to about midnight). I woke up with a start and couldn't remember my dream, just had a strong impression of wolves and a close friend of mine. I got online and started talking to her, and at one point told her about my strange dreamesque experience. Just so happens that till about 6:00 she had been searching for sound files of wolves howling. Like I said, not a huge coincidence, just somethign really recent that sticks out.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Thanks all who wrote in. I do believe in reincarnation, but never thought about messages from the afterlife. I am always amazed by the number of people who report afterlife experiences when this subject arises. It's almost like we don't talk about it unless someone else raises the issue.

For some reason of which I can not explain, I've attached dolphins to Adam's memory and whenever I'm in a place, either out on the ocean or where I can see them from the shore, I always say "hello" to Adam.

I remember one time we were in south Florida on a pontoon boat in the inland waterways. We were cruising around having a good time, Adam was in his wheel chair and rest of us sitting around. Suddenly there appeared two dolphins that stayed with us for over an hour. They would swim up to the boat and look up (we thought at Adam) and would swim between the pontoons playing in their bow waves. That never happened when we were out without him. We felt that they sensed his issues and wanted to let him know that if anything went wrong that they would be there to help. It is for that reason that his Urn is a glass block with three dolphins jumping in waves etched on the inside.

Today is the 5 year anniversary of his death. Forgive me if I seem a little existential about life after death today.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
My great-grandmother recently passed away. The morning before her funeral my husband started singing the song "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine..you make me happy when skies are gray" (anyone remember this one?). I almost dropped dead myself because my great-grandmother sang that song to us all the time when we were kids! I asked him where that "song" came from and why did he start singing it and he said "I actually have no idea. The song just 'popped' into my head.

I know, without a doubt, that it was her trying to communicate that she was O.K. on the other side.

new topics

top topics

join