It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP: Obama to Skip Wreath Laying Ceremony at Arlington on Monday

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by nivekronnoco
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Actually,neither of those times are the times they missed...Both Dubya and Ronnie missed one wreath laying each because they were on vacation...and Ronnie was only about 45 minutes away by car.
Also,he'll be with Veterans....just ones who live in Chicago...

I am not the one that keeps claiming they missed it because they were away dealing with important world issues. Are you now saying that neither of them missed it for a good reason either?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

yall are showing what sheep you are. he's taking part in a memorial day ceremony on monday. he'll be in the gulf friday and hes not the first pres to do this. good job disinfo experts

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Eric Cartman]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Stuff like this idiotic decision will come back to bite him in November and in 2012.

Skipping the wreath laying ceremony is just not something that is kosher politically, or personally.

Every leader in the world tries to be at their national wreath laying ceremony each year, it's just the correct tthing to do.

As the saying goes in the November 11th ceremony "We Shall Never Forget".

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I am just not surprised anymore by what this idiot does.

I mean you gotta love how he intends on KEEPING HIS PROMISE to return home every 6 weeks to Chicago..and to use THAT as his excuse for not honoring those that paid the ultimate sacrifice for what we now know was all BS lies and deception perpetrated by the power hungry elite to further their own secret hidden evil agenda...but how he chose to KEEP HIS PROMISE and to do it on THIS DAY....HERE IS A LITTLE ADVISE FOR THIS MORON, HOW ABOUT TRYING TO KEEP JUST ONE OF THE PROMISES HE MADE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE DURING HIS ELECTION CAMPAIGN?!?!

Too funny buwhahaha. He didn't keep any of his "YES WE CAN" promises, but by golly...he is damn sure that he gonna be keepin his promise to return home to Chicago every 6 weeks!! Meanwhile the HELL WITH THE GULF DISASTER!! May God help us all with regards to this idiot that is hellbent on leading us all into oblivion :-(

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Lets keep this on topic.

To summarize, the original post was almost complete nonsense, other than the part that Obama is not laying a wreath at Arlington. And the intent of the post, to put Obama in a bad light, was an epic fail. He is participating in Memorial Day Ceremonies at another Military Cemetery in Illinois. And yes, Bush Sr, Bush Jr., and Reagan all failed to lay a wreath with their own hands on Memorial Day at Arlington for various reasons, including just being on vacation- and unlike Obama, at least 1 did not participate in other ceremonies on that day.

To add to the tangent on vacations- during Bush's presidency he spent over 1 year (487 days) at Camp David, and another year (490 days) at his ranch. That's a lot of work from home time, and makes him the ultimate telecommuter. But no one has suggested he focused on work during that period.

Reagan took 335 days at his ranch. Bush Senior took 543 days at camp David and in Maine. Carter only 77 days off. Clinton only 152 days. There is a pattern there in terms of work ethic.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Very Sad....A little r & r is more important than remembering those very soldiers that have fought so we could "Make a change", and allow an African American/Kenyan/who knows into the highest seat in our country. Thats why our men and women serving, protecting, and sacrificing for us, get up every day and do there jobs. So the very ungrateful President of the United States can take a little trip back home to spend some family time away from it all. Maybe he should not only remember the ones who have gave the ultimate sacrifice, but remember the ones not able to come home for a little r & r, the ones who haven't seen their family's in months or years, but hey, We Can Make A Change, YES WE CAN! Unbelievable....Pathetic...Sickening....Sad...That's our commander in chief.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by okachobi
Clinton only 152 days. There is a pattern there in terms of work ethic.

Interesting. And Clinton is the ONLY POTUS since 1980 to personally lay a wreath at Arlington on Memorial Day EVERY YEAR of his 8 years in office. And his Operation Noble Anvil had only one soldier killed.

I guess he tried to keep from filling up more National Cemeteries; now we'll have to keep building them it seems. And put more tiny flags on graves for Memorial Day.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

Originally posted by mishigas
Obama is doing something no American president has ever done in history:

George Bush and Ronald Reagan both did this.

Just got done listening to Weiner Savage rant about the same damn lie. It is a lie. I guess we just forget when the last two presidents to do it were Republican? Maybe we just fail to research facts when it looks like Obama will look bad? Maybe people are just happy being ignorant fools with no mind of their own?

Are you saying that because Bush and Reagan did it that makes it okay? No one here is saying that Bush was a saint, but come on man! This is about paying respect to our military forces and veterans! Two or even three wrongs do not make a right!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Obama really must be getting reamed hard from all angles by the PTB to forget about his duty as Commander in Chief to the American People...

I'm sorry, I was being nice when I stated the word forget.... disrespected his role and duty towards America is the phrase I meant to say.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by black cat

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

Obama is doing something no American president has ever done in history:

George Bush and Ronald Reagan both did this.

Just got done listening to Weiner Savage rant about the same damn lie. It is a lie. I guess we just forget when the last two presidents to do it were Republican? Maybe we just fail to research facts when it looks like Obama will look bad? Maybe people are just happy being ignorant fools with no mind of their own?

Are you saying that because Bush and Reagan did it that makes it okay?

NO!

NO!

NO!

NO!

If you READ my post and what it was a response to, then you would have know what the heck you were talking about but you were instead to worried about being the 3rd person to announce they either can not read or do not bother to.

No one here is saying that Bush was a saint, but come on man! This is about paying respect to our military forces and veterans! Two or even three wrongs do not make a right!

Einstein, it was a direct response to THIS STATEMENT FROM THE OP -"Obama is doing something no American president has ever done in history"

Thanks for playing but instead of trying so hard to bash people, READ THE DAMN THREAD.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Einstein, it was a direct response to THIS STATEMENT FROM THE OP -"Obama is doing something no American president has ever done in history"

...which has been addressed and corrected in a subsequent post. But you won't leave it alone, because that's all you've got. Which is zero.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

...which has been addressed and corrected in a subsequent post. But you won't leave it alone, because that's all you've got. Which is zero.

LMAO, the only reason I have not left it alone is because geniuses like you keep bringing up that I pointed it out and then responding with something that makes no sense.

Perhaps if you guys would stop quoting it and saying stupid things after it, I would not have to respond about it again. See how that works?

Try reading the thread. I would be happy to supply you with a list of the people that BROUGHT IT BACK UP EACH TIME. I am not on that list.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

Too funny buwhahaha. He didn't keep any of his "YES WE CAN" promises, but by golly...he is damn sure that he gonna be keepin his promise to return home to Chicago every 6 weeks!!

I didn't know that.

He has returned exactly ever six weeks?

This seems important somehow, there has to be a conspiracy here somewhere.

Edited to say I checked and he hasn't kept the six week promise either.

[edit on 083131p://bSaturday2010 by Stormdancer777]

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join