It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP: Obama to Skip Wreath Laying Ceremony at Arlington on Monday

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Once again the main stream media gets it wrong and the conservatives just eat it up. President Obama is not the first US president who chose not lay a wreath at Arlington Cemetary on Memorial Day. Both Reagan and Bush 1 have done so as well, with Bush 1 having been on vacation in Kennebunkport. Not to mention that President Obama will observe the day by honoring America's military at another National Cemetary.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rowsdowerr

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
Cant the guy get a holiday. After all he is working very hard.

America is facing possibly its worst environmental disaster in history and he just wants to clear his head and chill out a bit.

And this is another great point. He's been dealing with a LOT - I wouldn't want his job -

Are you seriously suggesting Bush didn't have a lot to deal with? He was handed a war that Clinton started and one disaster after another. I dont recall you calling for calm, because Bush has a lot to deal with.

You're just like the MSM and expect everyone to have amnesia when you spew your revisionist history.

I think you're mixing up presidents my man. There was no Iraq war, or a war in Afghanistan before Bush. Bush Sr. created a war in Iraq called desert storm, but otherwise, your information is completely skewed.

Clinton didn't hand Bush anything whatsoever except a stable economy that Bush completely destroyed. Not that I'm defending Clinton because he was a scum bag too. But, if you're going to call someone else out, you might want to delve into specifics instead of wide generalizations that are incorrect.

So...let me reiterate. Clinton didn't hand Bush any war whatsoever. Bush started that after the B.S. that "supposedly" happened with Afghanistan because of 911. Then Bush lied, cheated and stole in order to create a connection with Iraq that didn't exist. He even recanted the idea that Iraq had anything to do with 911, therefore, all present wars are a result of the Bush Administration.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
He has teams who dissect everything he does to predict the impact of his actions. This, like all of his decisions, has been carefully considered for its impact. Anyone he insults, he is insulting on purpose. In this case its the survivors of people who gave their lives for him. There is simply no way this is not intentional.

Right now there are brave people in harms way, risking their lives under the command of a man who does not give a damn about them. How sad is that?

President Obama is going to speak at the Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery so your entire point or lack thereof is void. In addition,

I happen to be a veteran of the United States Air Force and to be quite frank I'd rather a President honor me by keeping me out of war than by laying a wreath on my coffin. You see, most of you guys on this board look at war as Saving Private Ryan and really don't understand the reality of it. All that honor, service, and courage crap goes out the window when you're in theater. When you're in war you are no longer fighting for America, you're fighting to just be able to go home and see your family. People might tell you otherwise but when you're in a foreign country, in a hostile town, with an m16, 2 extra magazines, a canteen, 1 MRE, and no air support you will have an epiphany. The first thing that you will ponder is why the # you're there in the first place and what are you fighting for. Then you'll think about your family and if you and your wingman will survive through the night. Lastly, you will go into survival mode and do what is best for you to live another day. If you respect the soldiers quit with the war mongering and demand that the government focus money and efforts on things that benefit all of America.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Well, shucks. I thought Obama was so much better than Bush and Reagan. I thought he was the be all, end all of Presidents.

Just goes to show you he's the same as any other ass-hat that's held that office.

And I'll admit, I haven't done any research on it, but when Bush and Reagan didn't do it, were there two wars going on, and US troops in the field??

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Intelearthling you do your south very proud. Calling out he north for what they really are... Vile Yankees... I honestly wonder sometimes if we let the South succeed if the US would have been better off. Go Red Sox!!!!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Blaine your little photo montage is missing a tear running down the eagle's cheek. A ghostly image of Jesus, and maybe a US soldier and a picture of George Washington would have been a nice addition as well. Also, a sobbing Glenn Beck. Better luck next time.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
"vile yankee race"

Man YOU are SOOOOOO late 1800s!
I am a "Vile yankee" although I had no idea it was a race.
Too much!

It's 21st century also from where I come and yes Yankees is a race IMO. Their cranial capacity is of Neanderthal standards and their arrogance are of a barbaric, uncivilized people so therefore they fit the catagory of a race.

Am I a racist when it comes to Yankees? You're damned right I am!

BTW, vile is the most pleasant term we can think of to describe Yankees.

[edit on 26/5/10 by Intelearthling]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

"vile yankee race"

Too much!

It's 21st century also from where I come and yes Yankees is a race IMO. Their cranial capacity is of Neanderthal standards and their arrogance are of a barbaric, uncivilized people so therefore they fit the catagory of a race.

I like how you only think from within your viewpoint of the world and discard everyone else's. Do you think an African American would agree with you that the Confederacy were the good guys and the Union the opposite? I would posit that they would endorse neither but would prefer the Union because even though they were treated like scum they at least weren't forced into slavery.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

Clinton didn't hand Bush anything whatsoever except a stable economy that Bush completely destroyed. Not that I'm defending Clinton because he was a scum bag too. But, if you're going to call someone else out, you might want to delve into specifics instead of wide generalizations that are incorrect.

You cant seriously believe this? Clinton started a war in Somalia, retreated and then invited a series of attacks on the US and its interests. It culminated in 9/11. So, Clinton left Bush a war nobody knew anything about (9/11 commission conclusion) AND multiple economic bubbles.

So please spare us all your revisionist history.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

"vile yankee race"

Too much!

With this mentality, it won't take too much longer for an outside enemy to conquer us. We have no solidarity as a country whatsoever. We'll be too busy fighting ourselves to give a crap as to whether someone else is attacking us.

The Government has done their job. Divide and conquer. Welcome to the divided states of America.

Yankee against idiot, Christians verses each other (every single sect of Christianity believes that they are the only one's going to heaven) and Muslims, North against South, black verses white, democrat verses republican, conservative verses liberal, hispanic verses black and white, pro-life verses pro-choice, rich verses poor, government verses constituent, militia verses everything...and the list goes on and on.

You're all being played like a chess piece and don't even realize what side you're fighting for.

Grow up.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Kamikaze X

Dude, go study your history and not the history books that's taught in schools. Go to National and State Archives. The information that's within these institutions are fact and not a bunch of lies perpetuated by the Yankees or the Federal government.

BTW, why is it that "African-Americans" are treated so much better in the South by whites than in the North? This was true before the Civil War(read the archives, it's rwal history) as it is now.

There was a guy visiting here several years ago from "up north" and commented to me "you people down here sure do treat your blacks good."

First of all, they are not "our" blacks and second how are you suppose to treat another human being?

Todays blacks and whiteys have been brain-washed into thinking that they were mistreated during the Civil War.

Anyhow, this thread is about Obama's complete disregard and disrespect for our military and those who serve and have served in it. Blacks, whiteys, hispanics, orients. It doesn't matter who's in there. He hates them all.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
um the dude above with the arabic signature and defending the souths slavery- yeah its way off topic

and if he does live somewhere in the south id really be surprised.

anyrate even tho this isnt my thread how bout stayin on topic.

just my 2 cents:p

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rowsdowerr

You cant seriously believe this? Clinton started a war in Somalia, retreated and then invited a series of attacks on the US and its interests. It culminated in 9/11. So, Clinton left Bush a war nobody knew anything about (9/11 commission conclusion) AND multiple economic bubbles.

So please spare us all your revisionist history.

You need to look up the word revisionist (yes...it involves history, and yours is a BIG FAIL). Something tells me that you heard this word, it sounded good to your ears, and then you found a way to use it in every thread that you post. So far, you've used it twice (once for each of your posts) to me and to the guy you responded to before.

And, I'm quite aware about Somalia. But let me ask...how did that have ANYTHING at ALL to do with Bush's ILLEGAL war in attacking a sovereign nation who had never attacked us??? HMMM???

Its also interesting to me that currently, we have virtually NOTHING to do with Somalia whatsoever. And apparently, you haven't seen this...

polidics.com...

revolutionarypolitics.com...

www.doomdaily.com...

In other words, what happened in SOMALIA was also FABRICATED and almost completely NON-CONNECTED with Afghanistan.
It was another grab for OIL and additional natural resources.
www.raceandhistory.com...

So, if this is what you were referring to:www.pbs.org...

Then you can bet it was just another BIG LIE that was sold to you so that you wouldn't question the real motives behind Somalia, Afghanistan, and Iraq. Isn't it interesting how we're doing virtually NOTHING out in Somalia now??? We secured the oil my friend. There was NO WAR except that of being a Civil War between the corruption of Somalia's government to work with Western forces to completely screw the poor people of that country.

You really might want to research this stuff and check your TIME FRAMES that all of this occurred.
en.wikipedia.org...
Here's more info on your Somalia:
www.isn.ethz.ch...

And...since a war was never officially declared in Somalia, this completely disavows any information that you may have thought you had in this discussion. War must be declared before you insinuate that Bush inherited Clinton's mistakes. That, in effect, is a huge error on your behalf.

The only war in Somalia was "Civil" by nature. And by the way, this was initially Bush's father's situation before it was Clinton's. NEED I SAY MORE???

Snippet from source:

UN Security Council Resolution 733 and UN Security Council Resolution 746 led to the creation of UNOSOM I, the first mission to provide humanitarian relief and help restore order in Somalia after the dissolution of its central government.

UN Security Council Resolution 794 was unanimously passed on December 3, 1992, which approved a coalition of United Nations peacekeepers led by the United States to form UNITAF, tasked with ensuring humanitarian aid be distributed and peace be established in Somalia. The UN humanitarian troops landed in 1993 and started a two-year effort (primarily in the south) to alleviate famine conditions.
An American soldier at the main entrance to the Port of Mogadishu points to identify a sniper's possible firing position (January 1994).

Critics of US involvement pointed out that "just before pro-U.S. President Mohamed Siad Barre was overthrown in 1991, nearly two-thirds of the country's territory had been granted as oil concessions to Conoco, Amoco, Chevron and Phillips. Conoco even lent its Mogadishu corporate compound to the U.S. embassy a few days before the Marines landed, with the first Bush administration's special envoy using it as his temporary headquarters."

More info:
en.wikipedia.org...
Snippet:

Just weeks before Clinton took office, President George H. W. Bush had deployed American soldiers to Somalia, a coastal nation on the Horn of Africa, where people were suffering and dying from starvation and civil war. The soldiers were sent to guard food and other relief supplies from being stolen by warring factions.

OOPS...looks like Somalia was Bush Sr.'s baby from the onset. So, in effect, Clinton was trying to play clean up after Bush's father.

Learn your history and learn the meaning of revisionist.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
with all do respect clinton screwed somalia up- when he changed the militarys roll from defensive to offensive.

i agree with the revisionist history out there..

pretty much thats the only thing i disagree with what you have been posting.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Obama might not be perfect but I see nothing wrong with him wanting to spend the holiday with his family. I think its selfish to be mad at him for that. I think a lot of the "traditions" are pointless. Why cant someone else like the vice president fill in for him? Isn't that what a vice president is there for? I think people are too quick to judge Obama when they haven't put themselves in his shoes. If I was in his position I would pick my family over a tradition. Don't veterans get enough honor by having a day dedicated to only them? Must he work through the holidays also? I think people forget Obama, whether people think so or not, IS HUMAN. I know this will enrage some but this is my opinion. Why do we deny our leader the one thing that we want and stand for? Freedom.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by signal2noise
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Well, shucks. I thought Obama was so much better than Bush and Reagan. I thought he was the be all, end all of Presidents.

Really? I did not think that. I simply thought that since they both did this, it was unfair to make a claim that Obama was the first one ever to do it. It seems like a really simple concept to me. I am sorry you thought Obama was going to be your savior though.

Just goes to show you he's the same as any other ass-hat that's held that office.

And I'll admit, I haven't done any research on it, but when Bush and Reagan didn't do it, were there two wars going on, and US troops in the field??

I will admit the same. I really do not care. The only thing I was interested in was an honest thread about Obama for a change. This entire site is full of threads bashing him...

...over his selective service form, his SSN, his birth certificate. Then there are ones like this based on a lie told by a man named Weiner. Sorry if I feel criticism of the president could be a little more substantive.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Judging by the amount of coverage the oil spill is now getting and the anger that is starting to appear on the msm I wouldn't be surprised if the old holiday is cancelled.

If he is pictured off enjoying himself when people are loosing all hope down along the coast , well I think he could be on a permanent holiday very soon, unless of course he has another job lined up with BP.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
I am sorry you thought Obama was going to be your savior though.

Well, to be honest, that thought has never once entered my mind.

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
I will admit the same. I really do not care. The only thing I was interested in was an honest thread about Obama for a change. This entire site is full of threads bashing him...

Just one of the many "benefits" of being President. Someone is always going to be busting your chops. People thought that Obama was going to be better than the rest, and they are finding out he's just the same.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by signal2noise]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

In other words, what happened in SOMALIA was also FABRICATED and almost completely NON-CONNECTED with Afghanistan.

Incorrect. Osama put out a declaration of war against the "paper Tiger" America after we left. Two weeks after that, the first WTC attack happened.

frontline: hunting bin laden: who is bin laden?: greetings, america. my name is osama bin laden | PBS

"After leaving Afghanistan, the Muslim fighters headed for Somalia and prepared for a long battle, thinking that the Americans were like the Russians," bin Laden said. "The youth were surprised at the low morale of the American soldiers and realized more than before that the American soldier was a paper tiger and after a few blows ran in defeat. And America forgot all the hoopla and media propaganda ... about being the world leader and the leader of the New World Order, and after a few blows they forgot about this title and left, dragging their corpses and their shameful defeat."

The Somalia operation, in some ways, made bin Laden. During the Afghan war, the CIA had been very aware of him (although the agency now insists it never "controlled" him), but in Somalia, bin Laden had taken a swing at the biggest kid in the school yard and given him a black eye. The next fight, a few weeks later, would begin with a sucker punch.

It was snowing in New York on February 26, 1993, when a massive truck bomb exploded at the World Trade Center, tearing through three levels of the building's underground garage, basement, and foundation.

At the time, I was a reporter for NBC. As I walked through the scene, I saw a cop I knew from an antiterrorist unit. Initial reports were that it had been a gas explosion or a transformer that blew up. "They're not saying this now," he warned, "but this was a bomb. Too big to be a car, probably a truck on the lower level of the garage. There just isn't anything down there that could blow up and make a hole this big."

Then you can bet it was just another BIG LIE

Translation: I have no facts to back up my arguments, so I rely on red herrings and straw men.

Are you seriously claiming the first WTC was an inside job?

As far as Clinton handing Bush an economy that he "destroyed", I'd argue that you just don't know what you are talking about. The economy went to crap for a lot of reasons, many of which cant be laid at the feet of Bush. You can blame him for spending, sure. However, it was Democrats who refused to look at the housing bubble that they created. It was Clinton who left Bush with a recession, tech bubble and the housing bubble.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Rowsdowerr]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
So what? what makes you think any President or leader for that matter really ever cared about their military?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join