It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

another reason why i think religious people are being fooled

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

as far as his hand, i'm not sure yet. all the main words used to describe tyr, are necessary research, as is the etymology of the words. i have to do further research. as far as to where the gate in that reference goes, i'm not sure yet, as it was my original impression that the gate itself is the lake of fire concept, and because it's buried, it's also the hell concept (hell is the grave, for example), but the gate is not literally a firey place nor a grave, it's just misunderstood by translators. english translations really do a number on biblical texts.

this also is on a matter of scale (size). there's personal sized. ship sized. planet sized. and galactic sized, wormholes/blackholes. some are naturally occuring and some are artificially generated. in this reference i believe the sumerian and biblical texts, suggest artifically generated.

the word "mount" or "mountain" is synonymous with pyramid or ziggurat, in many of the old texts. if you read the references to enki's arrival on earth, he comes from the big abzu on the bottom of the ocean, and rises up from there, in a flying, floating, glowing, roaring temple, made entirely of metals, with an interior that "is a tangled thread beyond understanding." so the roots of a mountain idea, very well could mean UNDER a pyramid or ziggurat, fenrir was initially bound.

here's a bit of my research i had started for my third e-book, on this particular aspect:

thestargates.com...

Watch this first chance ya get.........

Google Video Link

[edit on 26-5-2010 by undo]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxSteiner
Why don't Athiests ever understand allegory?

Why don't theists grasp SPELLING ?!

1/2 the posters here can't even SPELL the word "atheist" when they frequently abuse them!

K.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

All views are equally valid.

Suicide bombers views are vaild?

Islam extremist views are vaild?

Axe murderers views are valid?

Flat earth view is valid?

What complete and utter idiocy.

K.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DivineFem

I think you need to read that again, I'm the one that said the Bible cannot be taken word for word.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Not a personaly attack on you by the way, its a personal attack on all athiests.
Maybe things are different in the UK.
But I've NEVER had a religous person harp on at me the way Athiests do
(And that includes all the years at catholic school!).

And yet, after all that - you still have NO IDEA how to even SPELL the word "atheist" ?

Incredible.

K.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Because a lot of the people out there attack everything we believe in and make fun our Faith. No amount of mocking can shake our beliefs, period.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

another reason why i think religious people are being fooled

I'm not real sure, could be me. Sometimes I go dain bramage.
Could you help the handicaped, and direct me to this reason you spoke of?

Why don't theists grasp SPELLING ?!

Ah crap I didn't know the spell police were coming today!

I graps spellin jet fine.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by randyvs]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Gday,

Originally posted by DivineFem
Not to mention the council of nicea picking and choosing what they wanted into this book.

Wrong.

The Council of Nicea had NOTHING to do with choosing the books of the Bible.

This false claim was made by Dan Brown, and now people BELIEVE it !

en.wikipedia.org...

"Contrary to the view popularised by Dan Brown's novel The Da Vinci Code, there is no evidence to suggest that the Biblical canon, the list of books decided to be authorative as scripture, was even discussed at the Council of Nicaea, let alone established or edited."

K.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Kapyong

Really? Is that all you've got to say? Poking fun at a misspelled word? I bet your spell check works better than theirs.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kapyong
Gday,

Originally posted by DivineFem
Not to mention the council of nicea picking and choosing what they wanted into this book.

Wrong.

The Council of Nicea had NOTHING to do with choosing the books of the Bible.

This false claim was made by Dan Brown, and now people BELIEVE it !

en.wikipedia.org...

"Contrary to the view popularised by Dan Brown's novel The Da Vinci Code, there is no evidence to suggest that the Biblical canon, the list of books decided to be authorative as scripture, was even discussed at the Council of Nicaea, let alone established or edited."

K.

ok so humour me if the council of nicea didnt pick and choose books then what did they do? circle jerk all day? come on man.
are you familiar with a tv show on the history channel called banned from the bible?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

the OP was a collection of thoughts have you read through the entirety of it?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

oooh i had a thought maybe it was tyr's job to feul the gate/feed fenrir
he placed his hand in its mouth/gate and the gate shut off/bit down
and his hand was lost on the other side.

what do you think of that?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
i started researching it from the angle that tyr's hand was a double metaphor for the 6 things that bound the fenrir. i noticed an etymology of tyr that means "tower" (see greek " tyrsis " ) and the nephilim/anunnaki were said to have six fingers on their hands. also, this may connect tyr to the events of the tower of babel, which i believe was an attempt on the part of nimrod, to reopen a smaller abzu gate at babel. (remember, babel means gate of water god).

this may, although it's an extremely long shot, suggest a reference to the slaying of tiamat, and a separate reference to the slaying of abzu.

tiamat and abzu were two aspects of the same thing: et.al, the gated wormhole in older texts. but they ended up being separated in later texts such as the enuma elish. tiamat represents the wormhole, who was no longer able to bind to abzu (abyss gate), binds with kingu instead. that represents the slaying of or shutting down of the abzu gate. in other words, it was a reference to the wormhole connection to the abzu gate on earth, being cut off, after which tiamat (the wormhole) is generated by the kingu gate.

other texts depict it as tiamat being slain, by being cut in half, same concept, just a bit more precise, particularly since abzu isn't the wormhole itself, but the device that generates the wormhole. this shutting down of the gates concept, may be the same event as the 6 objects (tyr's hand) that seals off the wormhole, which correlates with whatever lock must be opened on the bottomless pit in order for the events in revelation 9 to transpire.

so as of now, i'm going with the preliminary theory that tyr's hand is the device or key, that has locked the abyss gate.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012

Because a lot of the people out there attack everything we believe in and make fun our Faith. No amount of mocking can shake our beliefs, period.

see your still doing it

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

interesting what about the biblical acount of yayewh or whatever destroying the tower of babel?
you forgot that one i think

so theres the norse fenrir/gate
the tower of babel
the greek kronos/tartarus

whats the theory? multiple alien races? and or multiple gates?

also you said the sumerian guy came out of the sea in a ufo, thats sounds like ra, he came out of the sea too in the begining

if there are multiple alien races why do they all take credit for creating man?
and why does yahew take credit for creating everything ever?

the norse creation myth reminds me alot of the sumerian one
the aesir killed ymir
marduk and his siblings rebelled against the old ones

both used their enemies corpses to create the world

strange

the greek one is similair too with the titans and their rebelling children

[edit on 26-5-2010 by ashanu90]

[edit on 26-5-2010 by ashanu90]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

oh i agree. the gate was closed down at babel by Jehovah (Hayah, Ea (Ayah) *who is Enki* and Enlil), but not till a few other things happened.

according to ENMERKAR AND THE LORD OF ARRATA (an akkadian text, pre-babylonian), Enki was the one who confused the languages at the tower. This is what I theorize, happened:

Enki (Loki) brought more human slaves here threw the gate at Babel, from other planets, and they had different languages and cultures, as a result, they had difficulty communicating with one another.

the Prince of Tyre shows up in the biblical old testament, and is read the riot act by an old testament prophet. I theorized that this was an example where Enki and Enlil are having a spat, and that the Prince of Tyre is another name for Enki. Could be that Tyr is Enki, as well, just as regards his role in the events related to closing the gate at the Tower (Tyrsis) of Babel?

[edit on 26-5-2010 by undo]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

but the tower of babel language thing is where i disagree with you.
im no expert but i dont think everyone spoke the same language at once ever

in the old testament it says that everyone spoke the same language until the tower of babel fell and then we all magically spoke different languages and couldnt understand each other

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

check this, it's an excerpt from enmerkar and the lord of arratta (hint: enmerkar is the biblical nimrod):

Once upon a time, there was no snake, there was no scorpion,

There was no hyena, there was no lion,

There was no wild dog, no wolf,

There was no fear, no terror,

Man had no rival.

In those days, the land Shubur-Hamazi,

Harmony-tongued Sumer, the great land of the me of princeship,

Uri, the land having all that is appropriate,

The land Martu, resting in security,

The whole universe, the people well cared for,

To Enlil in one tongue gave speech.

Then the lord defiant, the prince defiant, the king defiant,

Enki, the lord of abundance, whose commands are trustworthy,

The lord of wisdom, who scans the land,

The leader of the gods,

The lord of Eridu, endowed with wisdom,

Changed the speech in their mouths, put contention into it,

Into the speech of man that had been one.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

now that is pretty interesting

i got a question though are you familiar with dagon and cthulhu?
if theres truth to what you say could the cthulhu spawn be the giants the norse speak of? or the demons the hebrews spoke of?
or the various monsters thru out the many cultures?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Enki, the lord of abundance, whose commands are trustworthy,

this doesnt sound anything like loki you said loki was enki right?

also in sumerian myths did enki ever accidentally kill someone perhaps the equivelent to baldr in sumerian myth with a prank gone wrong?

also you know whats wierd enki and loki rhyme and hades almost rhymes
wierd huh their all the equivalents right?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join