It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

another reason why i think religious people are being fooled

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by tauempire

I think alot of atheists are just douchebags who have a sense of elitism(you believe in god so your misguided and stupid...and im smarter because i dont). I was like that when i was 16 years old(alot of you are pretty immature). 3 years later and i dont have a problem with christianity and those that worship or have faith in what ever they want.

Very well said my friend!!!!!

Your right about some of us, I am a Christian and I despise the hypocrites that preach in Church. Every religion and sect thinks theirs is the best, and all the others are going to Hell... very misguided thinking. I wish more could free themselves from this blasphemy. We are all the same in the eyes of God.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
To the OP. Can you recall if the 2 debaters were GodsFear and BakedBean1? If so what are the odds... I'm not an atheist tho and argue my point from a non Christian pov which thru this cat over the edge. But your account of the convo sounds familiar to me....

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
It really is interesting how all these religions correlate yet almost every person of each religion thinks his is the right one.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

We are all the same in the eyes of God.

Not according to your god written/inspired scriptures your not!

Leviticus 27:3-7 Male, 60+ years: 15 shekels
Female, 60+ years: 10 shekels
Male, 20-60 years: 50 shekels
Female, 20-60 years: 30 shekels
Male, 5-20 years: 20 shekels
Female, 5-20 years: 10 shekels
Male, 1 month-5 years: 5 shekels
Female, 1 month-5 years: 3 shekels

Let's not forget the man being the "Head" of the woman, slaves, lepers, blah blah

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tauempire

BUT i do find it odd how so many of you obsesse over a god that does not exist. i mean seriously....have you ever listined to yourself? You talk about god more then most christians do.

No one's obsessing over a god the existence of a god, generally atheist live and let live. However many get pissed by xtians not only trying to shove their delusion down our throats but insist on pushing this nonsense on children that are not their own.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlastedCaddy
To the OP. Can you recall if the 2 debaters were GodsFear and BakedBean1? If so what are the odds... I'm not an atheist tho and argue my point from a non Christian pov which thru this cat over the edge. But your account of the convo sounds familiar to me....

i dont know that sounds familiar if you recall them do you recall me being there? i didnt say much

[edit on 26-5-2010 by ashanu90]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by piedsniper

We are all the same in the eyes of God.

Not according to your god written/inspired scriptures your not!

Leviticus 27:3-7 Male, 60+ years: 15 shekels
Female, 60+ years: 10 shekels
Male, 20-60 years: 50 shekels
Female, 20-60 years: 30 shekels
Male, 5-20 years: 20 shekels
Female, 5-20 years: 10 shekels
Male, 1 month-5 years: 5 shekels
Female, 1 month-5 years: 3 shekels

Let's not forget the man being the "Head" of the woman, slaves, lepers, blah blah

i havent read that part wow thats interesting, i remember in fourth grade i was looking at a textbook that said because of the minerals in our body we are all worth generally 80 dollors by those days' standards
interesting stuff

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

hmm a stargate......
this thread is getting super interesting
i have a thought tell me what you think please
all these events the outcome is known, so whats the point of all these epic battles?
it sounds to me if any of it is true then it already happened

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

Hey everybody I'm back, sorry you havent been seeing my posts lately I got darksiders and have been preoccupied for a while. I also went to a friends house for a while to play modern warfare 2.

My further most So. Bell accent.

I do declara, I've waited for your triumphant return for far to long. Instead you return tattered and torn with your heart in toil. Let me hear how you intend to make up for the time we've lost.
I've missed those eyes, those lips, those nose and those threads.

I have to deduct figurative points from the christian from believing things he had been conditioned to believe all his life.

Is it wrong to be conditioned to believe something if it is right?

[edit on 26-5-2010 by randyvs]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Hey everybody I'm back, sorry you havent been seeing my posts lately I got darksiders and have been preoccupied for a while. I also went to a friends house for a while to play modern warfare 2.

My further most So. Bell accent.

I do declara, I've waited for your triumphant return for far to long. Instead you return tattered and torn with your heart in toil. Let me hear how you intend to make up for the time we've lost.
I've missed those eyes, those lips, those nose and those threads.

I have to deduct figurative points from the christian from believing things he had been conditioned to believe all his life.

Is it wrong to be conditioned to believe something if it is right?

[edit on 26-5-2010 by randyvs]

well thanks for the welcome lol
lets get down to bussiness

whos to say its right?
i find it wrong to be conditioned period.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by piedsniper

That book was written by MEN, there are some truths, but mostly it's just stories written by MEN. I know the true word of God, and it has nothing to do with $. Honestly, I say all people are equal in the eyes of the Lord, and you thrust me into the Bible thumping group? I do not follow the Bible blindly as many do, but I do see the big picture. Anyone that believes any scripture word for word that was written by man is foolish imo. So if you will please refrain from stereotyping me, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
reply to post by piedsniper

That book was written by MEN, there are some truths, but mostly it's just stories written by MEN. I know the true word of God, and it has nothing to do with $. Honestly, I say all people are equal in the eyes of the Lord, and you thrust me into the Bible thumping group? I do not follow the Bible blindly as many do, but I do see the big picture. Anyone that believes any scripture word for word that was written by man is foolish imo. So if you will please refrain from stereotyping me, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

not picking on you or anything just people who claim this sort of thing in general
if the bible is somewhat true and the rest lies would you kindly separate the truth from lies? enlighten us all would you?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

well if you examine biblical prophecies closely you'll notice they are multi-layered events, one layer of which is indicating the passage of time based on star charts. by star charts i don't mean horoscopes. the hebrews used their knowledge of astronomy to know when to plant, harvest, celebrate, sacrifice, and when to mark jubilee (jubilee was an event that happened every 40 years, when all debts were forgiven and slates were wiped clean. slaves were freed, and other monetary debts, were forgiven). their knowledge on the subject was extensive, in fact, it is the basis for their architectural plans and dividing of land plots (as above, so below).

anyway, in revelation 12 (which see!) there's a clear indicator of this very thing. they are referring to the precession of the equinoxes, using the constellation DRACO, as the great red dragon mentioned in the text. this guy explains it better than i can (his voice is really quiet, but stick with him, cause he's got some very interesting data for how prophecy works)

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I did not use the word lie, and I don't have time to review the entire scripture, read it yourself. All stories have some truth to them, but over time become distorted by the ones that tell it. You might as well stop picking me apart, because I will never change my faith in God.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

great another video
ill have to watch it later tonight i really dont have the patience to sit and wait for it to load my connection is bad

but thanks for the effort anyway

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012

I did not use the word lie, and I don't have time to review the entire scripture, read it yourself. All stories have some truth to them, but over time become distorted by the ones that tell it. You might as well stop picking me apart, because I will never change my faith in God.

i tried no such thing
why is it whenever i ask a christian these kind of questions they say the very same thing you said about not leaving god? i didnt ask you too!
im seeing a pattern here
are you having doubts or something?
fess up man tell the truth
because i wanna solve this mystery

also you said to read the scripture myself.
what good will that do me??
if theres any fact in it how should i know which is fact and which is half truth? will i just magically know? i dont think so

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

well suffice it to say (still watch the video, you won't be sorry), that if the gate is set to be reopened at a certain date in history, the epic battles concept may be the result of opening the gate. in other words, it's potentially advanced warning of a future alien invasion via the abzu, the abyss, the bottomless pit, fenrir. i don't think it indicates that odin is killed when it says he's put in the mouth of fenrir. i think it indicates that odin uses the gate or is sent away thru the gate, to whereever the gate connects

[edit on 26-5-2010 by undo]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

i wonder where such a gate would connect? maybe erebus? tartarus? somewhere unmentioned

also tyr lost his hand in fenrir's mouth what could that be about?
and fenrir was said to be bound by the roots of a mountain what could that be also?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by novastrike81

I believe there was a time in the not too distant past that christians thought people of color (black, hispanic, etc) didn' possess
a soul either.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

i have to agree with peidsniper. This book that holds so much power was created by man. Man was, is , nor will ever be infalliable. Not to mention that the King James Bible was rewritten to his standards. The real book nor anyone who can translate it accurately is here so what the true book reads is lost to time. Not to mention the council of nicea picking and choosing what they wanted into this book.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join