It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

another reason why i think religious people are being fooled

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by ashanu90

my studies seemed to be suggesting that hell AND the lake of fire, are not what they appear to be in the english translation. as far as norse history (i don't call ancient data, mythology. i call it history) is concerned, i believe it's the same exact story as the one in the bible, egyptian and sumerian-akkadian texts. LOKI is ENKI. The things they share in common are related to being clever, which has been viewed as a good thing and a bad thing, depending on who it benefited.

i love reading ancient peoples beliefs especially the norse ones
so can you share a bit more im very interested in this

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90
reply to post by TheGiantPeach4

that is an incredible video isnt space such a beautiful thing?
it reminds me of a theory that in each little tiny atom there is a universe within itself that goes on forever

thats incredible now lets get to work answering those questions

Hahaha... you didnt watch the whole thing.

They're all trick questions so Good Luck!'

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

no i did watch it i saw it zoom out then i saw it zoom into the the atom then i saw more universes
unless there was something after the credits, i hope not my internet connection is super slow i dont wanna wait for it to load again

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MaxSteiner

set-an. "an" being the god word, perhaps. and set referencing "serpent"

one of things that muddles near and middle eastern ancient history is the belief that the egyptians and mesopotamians were not as intimately connected to each other, as they were.

i don't think they are archetypes, but i do think they were put into story format to make them easier to remember and more entertaining to listen to, as i do believe the habiru (hyskos) maintained it as an oral history for quite some time after the royal scribes had written it down. another problem is the difference between the use of absolute concepts at the time, versus today, where an absolute concept of anything (other than evolution lol) is anathema.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Ha, you learn something new every day
I've been put off cacey because of all the prophecies (Because lets be honest, they're not very good), but if he's talking about stuff like that, I'll definatly have to check that out!

The Akhashic records I really like as a concept (Gotta be honest my first run in with that was from Mage the Ascension when I was bout 14
), especially since recent research into DNA does seem to suggest that some form of racial memory could potentially be stored there.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Rofl those guys freak me out. I always feel weird when people come up and talk to me about Jesus. Yeah, I believe like the rest of them but I just can't help the awkwardness that surrounds me when they just randomly ask me about my faith. *sigh*

And Christians wonder why people don't come to Christ when they witness to random strangers.

Christian - "have you come to know Jesus Christ as your personal Savior?"
Me - "Uh, dude, we're in a public bathroom and I'm trying to take a #; is this really the time?"

[edit on 26-5-2010 by novastrike81]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

can you explain how norse beliefs and christians beliefs are one in the same?

i read alot of norsse mythology but i dont recall there being a creator in their belief system

i just see similarities i wouldnt go as far as to say its the same but i would still like to hear thoughts on it

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by novastrike81

Rofl those guys freak me out. I always feel weird when people come up and talk to me about Jesus. Yeah, I believe like the rest of them but I just can't help the awkwardness that surrounds me when they just randomly ask me about my faith. *sigh*

And Christians wonder why people don't come to Christ when they witness to random strangers.

Christian - "have you come to know Jesus Christ as your personal Savior?"
Me - "Uh, dude, we're in a public bathroom and I'm trying to take a #; is this really the time?"

[edit on 26-5-2010 by novastrike81]

exactly! dont they realize their turning more people away than their gathering?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   

k i will look up my research on it, and post it here when i find it. one of the things that may make it a little bizarre to you, is that i was researching norse history to see if i could find the biblical bottomless pit in it (see revelation 9), since i had found it nearly everywhere else in ancient history.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Yeah, that's just my opinion though. I know God commands us to witness but I just feel like I'm forcing my beliefs on someone who "may" or "may not" care about this stuff. Quite frankly, if someone wants to be spiritual that's their decision and they'll come to you with questions.

I remember in High School they would do their door to door witnessing and I would see them coming and try to make my parents answer the door so I wouldn't have to listen to them. My parents always made me answer the door.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

So do you believe in a root religion, or just the gradual mingling of the faiths as mankind made its slow ascent to modernity?

If so, I can't recomend Robert Graves' books on the Ancient Greek Myths enough.
I don't presonaly subscribe to his entire arguament, but he has some very interesting points in there.
Another book (which I tend to assume very one has read, but I could be wrong) is the Golden Bough en.wikipedia.org...
tht;s got so many interesting exaples in it you can almost forgive the turn of the centuary casual racism.

As I understand it Satan is just the word for adversary (if that was the link you're trying to make, it only really became attached to the concept of satan (devil or whatever) after the Persians conquored Babylon, bringing with them the concept of a dualism of their faith zoroastrianism, the Jews just adopted this belief afterwards.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by MaxSteiner]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   

i did not find much on a creator per se more of an accidental creation
with ymir creating the aesir
it reminds me of greek mythology and the titans creating the greek gods
although i dont think the greeks had and an end of the world scenario however ill do some research on that too

this is interesting stuff

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

If you can get a copy of the Mathers translation of the book of Zohar (www.sacred-texts.com...) he makes a few comparisons between parts of the torah and the norse myths, hang on, see if I can find a quote, or if not at least a link where you can see it........
Something about

Balls.... don't think I can, sure it was in a foot note, but all my esoteric books are hidden away in boxes these days. It was some asside comparing the fall of lucifer with loki I think.... although Im sure there was a hammer involved....

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MaxSteiner

About Cayces' prediction. Heck, all people who make predictions...

These people I don't believe... maybe Im wrong, but I dont think
they were making claims that their prophecies were 100%. At least
for Cayce, he always said to his patients that there is no way to
predict the future because the future is not set, it's constantly changing
paths.

How about Steiner?

Are his predictions 100% ?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
can't find my research yet, i'll keep looking, but FENRIR, i settled on FENRIR being a symbol for the biblical bottomless pit. the bottomless pit had a gate, which was locked. it's the same as the abyss (in fact, it comes from the word abyssos), which was from the word abzu, which was the name of enki's "water" gate. it was locked. this is the chain holding fenrir.

another name for the abzu/abyss was babel. no kidding. babel means gate of the water god. or water gate of the god. etc.

read revelation 9, then read fenrir's role in ragnarok.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Niiice research bro.

I love how all of these ancient scripts correlate with each other.

Not only that, you were on it when you said that the english
translations can't grasp or act as a proper language to interpret
all this correctly.

My look on that....

It wasnt' set up for proper interpretation.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
people state this on here every other afternoon.
1 god is real.
2 angels are real.
3 the holy spirit is everywhere;

watch this ladys concept .and you either are or you aint which are you.
Knock and a reply will come if your name is written.

[edit on 5/26/2010 by dashar]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
You dont have to be a fundie christian to believe in god. Im a theist/deist.

I believe there is a supreme intelligence that created the universe. You could call it nature with a conciousness and 'morality'.

Just as you dont have to be christian to believe that promiscuity is wrong.

Or you dont have to be a christian to be against gay marriage or anything many of you 'atheists' think is a sign of those that are religious.

I have met christians who hated the church and organized religions.

The bible itself says you dont have to go to church to 'reach' god. It said when there is 2 praying together earnestly you can reach god just as any church with hundreds.

I think alot of atheists are just douchebags who have a sense of elitism(you believe in god so your misguided and stupid...and im smarter because i dont). I was like that when i was 16 years old(alot of you are pretty immature). 3 years later and i dont have a problem with christianity and those that worship or have faith in what ever they want.

BUT i do find it odd how so many of you obsesse over a god that does not exist. i mean seriously....have you ever listined to yourself? You talk about god more then most christians do.

It makes me pissed when you atheists will mock those that have faith.....but then will turn around and support scientific theories for alternate dimensions and universes.

Who is to say god or hell or whatever is not in alternate dimensions?

the only people even close to atheists that i respect are the agnostics. they dont tend to be arrogant elitists like all you atheists here on ATS.

GROW UP!!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

thanks.

all three (abyss, abzu, fenrir) are buried underground
all three have beings going either in or out or both, typically gods.
all three of them have examples of gods being tossed into them or going into them, before being locked in some fashion.
and 2 of them are involved in an apocalyptic scenario.

i think it's a wormhole device, like a star gate, buried underground, on the bottom of a body of water. that the references to fenrir growing too big or what have you, may be related to the gate malfunctioning and the operators having trouble shutting it down. the resultant stories about what happened can seen in places like the enuma elish, the norse ragnarok, the egyptian book of gates, and the prophecies of the bible.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90
Hey everybody I'm back, sorry you havent been seeing my posts lately I got darksiders and have been preoccupied for a while. I also went to a friends house for a while to play modern warfare 2.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join